Alternative Modeling Ideas

IK Viper

Not bad, not bad at all! I agree that the ears could use a trimming, but I don't think the arms are to "out of sync". And I like the more dynamic running poses you get from the wyches. Maybe some purity seals to pious them up a bit?

thank you for posting these, yah I used all the seals I had in my bits box (all 5 of them) but they still need a little help. I have a box of gray knights coming and I am sure I can find some stuff in that box to help out. You probably can't tell from the picture but the bolters are from the Death Company box so they have cords and some purity seals modeled onto them also,

not super crezy about the hair cuts of these chicks but not sure where I could get better ones unless I tried to green stuff hair and I have no green stuff experience.

BTW it took a fair bit of filing to get the arms to line up with the gun correctly since they are made for a model with broader shoulders, but it was not to bad.

Could also have tried using Scout arms.

i think this would solve the big arm issue, they look a little out of place on such petite bods.

i used my improved scout method to make SOBs, but replaced baldies with helmets to reprisent the better armour save.

heres a quick pic

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/005-19.jpg

i will try and get my full army up here sometime this week, painting in prep for an event.

i think scout bits are a great way of doing SoB tbh, they are so cheap

The hair doesn't have to be complicated.

Just cut the topknots/ponytails off and carve little lines into the head itself across the tiny flat area you've revealed by doing so to make the lines match up.

Archived