2000 Pre Heresy Death Guard

DinoDoc

Legion Praetor: Archaeotech Pistol; Paragon Blade; Digital Lasers; Iron Halo; Bolter; Pride of the Legion Rite of War (187pts)

Legion Destroyer Squad: +4 Destroyer Space Marines; Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles; Sergeant with Power Fist;

+2 Phosphex Bombs; Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier; Dozer Blade; Auxiliary Drive; Havoc Launcher (355pts)

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon: 2x Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon (205pts)

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon: 2x Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon (205pts)

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad: +5 Veteran Space Marines; Legion Vexilla; Melta Gun; Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web (+Flakk Missiles); Sergeant with Power Fist; Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier; Dozer Blade; Auxiliary Drive; Havoc Launcher (340pts)

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad: +5 Veteran Space Marines; Legion Vexilla; Melta Gun; Missile Launcher w/Suspensor Web (+Flakk Missiles); Sergeant with Power Fist; Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier; Dozer Blade; Auxiliary Drive; Havoc Launcher (340pts)

Legion Recon Squad: Switch to Recon Armour; +5 Sniper Rifles (175pts)

Legion Heavy Support Squad: +5 Missile Launcher (+Flakk Missiles) (210pts)

1992 pts total

How many would you give Power Swords? Would you go with 9 including the sergeant and just have the Rocket Launcher be lacking?
2 or 3 on one squad. 8 seems like overkill. Was thinking of changing one of the vet squads to something like this to clear troops off objectives:

Sergeant w/ Power Fist. 10 man squad. 2 power weapons. 2 Heavy Bolters.

Or as a 9 man squad "retinue" for the Praetor.

2 or 3 on one squad. 8 seems like overkill. Was thinking of changing one of the vet squads to something like this to clear troops off objectives:

Sergeant w/ Power Fist. 10 man squad. 2 power weapons. 2 Heavy Bolters.

I tend to agree. There's some variance in there, of course (I'm favouring 2ML/2PW & TH combo currently), but it's a good mix without over-costing the unit too much.

I like the idea of concentrating each vet squad; mixing your AA with melta guns means that you are wasting half your firepower every turn.

one unit with 2 meltaguns, and one with two ML is better.

Are the recon troops? (three year old is on the lap right now eating oatmeal and drinking milk.... not conductive to reviewing $100 books... :rolleyes:

If not you only have two troops. Rather light... I would like to see 3-4 scoring units at 2k.

The list looks nice and fluffy - I was going to say something about the anti-armour capabilities of the list but it appears you have a decent amount of melta guns and missile launchers to cover that. :)

Legion Praetor: Archaeotech Pistol; Paragon Blade; Digital Lasers; Iron Halo; Bolter; Pride of the Legion Rite of War (187pts)

Currently ongoing in the FAQ thread is whether the Praetor can swap both his Bolt Pistol and CCW.

Given the fact that Space Marine Chapter Masters can do just that, I can see no game play justification why that wouldn't be the case. Though if they decide against me, the list would of course have to be reworked.

Currently ongoing in the FAQ thread is whether the Praetor can swap both his Bolt Pistol and CCW.

Given the fact that Space Marine Chapter Masters can do just that, I can see no game play justification why that wouldn't be the case. Though if they decide against me, the list would of course have to be reworked.

I agree, but I can't find the FAQ with that in it.

On the topic of the list, I agree that it's better to not mix up the specials / heavies if you can. Also, I've never found the Havoc Launcher to be that good, but I've been taking a Heavy Bolter on a Rhino which has yielded good results.

Have you tried out the Twin Kheres Contemptor yet?

• 1 month later...

Archived