Andys Dark Angels

Bunta

After a solid days work in and around watching the cricket I managed to get this sucker to light up! I planned to cut out all the little screens and cover them in plastic, wash it with green and run an LED behind it to make the screens light up, but I was so sick of soldering, might do it some other time!

But anyway with a little cutting I managed to give the raider head lights and a bit of interior lighting, let me know what you think!

Cheers Andy

20131123 223130

20131123 223209

20131124 192605

20131124 192323

20131124 192344

20131124 192440 LLS

20131124 192500 LLS

Green lights inside? Epic...looks amazing!

Thanks mate! Yeah I went for a light green (not the neon style green) inside to make it look as though the light inside was coming from the many screens.

I remember back in the 90s I had a model of DS9 space station and that used fibre optic cables from a central light source to show portholes etc. The same idea could be used for some of the smaller lamps/instrumentation.

Just thinking out loud ;)

Looking nice so far.

You read my mind Elmo. My original plan involved fiber optics to the small lights alongside the headlights and the other small cluster of lights/lenses at the front but I couldn't think of a way of making it fit neatly. I know at some point it will get the better of me and I will be pulling it apart and starting again!

Just spent the last hour unclogging my air brush every 2 minutes and getting nothing at all painted. I finished off by snapping the thread of the tip off in the gun. Sigh. I love the results but hate the infernal device with a passion. Looks like I will have to beg the Mrs for her air brush and promise not to break it in order to finish this tank.

so many swears sprouting out of me right now lol

• 3 weeks later...

2013 12 16 08.46.17

So I am almost finished this tank now, but I painted the wings on the figure above and I am not entirly happy with it, Are the wings too blood angely or something? Does it look right to you guys? Any hints here would be good!

Cheers, Andy

I would try and go for a winged look similar to the robed watches on the sacred standards. Look forward to the finished LR, reminds me I have to get mine finished.

DR

Roger that, I think so too, the only person who has seen it is my girlfriend and she thinks it looks fine but she doesnt know what the DA feel is all about.

Back to the drawing board!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! Finally finished my Crusader, I had a few more graphics to add to the upper surface of the tank but I have spent the holiday break driving my mum back and forth between her home and the hospital so I didnt get the time, perhaps in a week or two I will be able to get them done! Anyway have a look and let me know what you think!

Cheers, Andy

20131210 220703

Sorry to hear about the hospital trips with your mum, Bunta, hope everything works out well for you guys.

The Land Raider looks great, really like all the details you've worked into it. I'll be honest, I'm still not sure about the wings on the angel icon, they still look a little BA-ish to me, but everything else looks great. Really digging the LED effects, awesome work!

Sorry to hear about the hospital trips with your mum, Bunta, hope everything works out well for you guys.

The Land Raider looks great, really like all the details you've worked into it. I'll be honest, I'm still not sure about the wings on the angel icon, they still look a little BA-ish to me, but everything else looks great. Really digging the LED effects, awesome work!

Thanks Bryan! Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I aim to redo the wings when I add the other graphics too. I don't like the wings either but for the next few weeks they will do! Lol

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone after a little break I have been doing some more painting, I have done up some Deathwing Knights after wanting them for a year, but I am yet to get any pictures of those, but I have also started work on a command squad to carry banners for me, I have had this guy lying around for a few years and I really enjoyed painting him up! He will be the 'leader' of the command squad and from a fluff point of view I view him as second in charge for the company. Anyway I would be happy to hear any comments you guys have, I feel like over the last 18 months since I started back in the hoppy my painthing has some what improved but am always after tips to keep getting better!

Cheers, Andy

gallery_69747_9444_91356.jpg

Thanks mate! After looking at this photo I can see he needs some more wash on his robe to rid the big crease in the front there of white. Not sure how that happened! You never notice the errors until you take pics!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just thought I would throw up some pics of my knights, sadly I finished them just before the start of the competition against the space puppies :( I went for a wall of sheilds look with the poses, when you look down the table at them you can see a lot of anything other than shields, mission accomplished! As always I am happy to hear what you think!

Cheers Andy

gallery_69747_9444_81109.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_181687.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_188419.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_59629.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_306011.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_72742.jpg

A few pics of the lads with the team bus!

gallery_69747_9444_196925.jpg

gallery_69747_9444_335452.jpg

I really like the wall of shields you've got there, it definitely works! It's a shame GW made that one pose that just doesn't fit the concept.

Archived