Blood Angels Blog

Papa Lazarou

Very cool !

What about a group shot of your bunch ?

Cheers batu, I need to complete a few other bits first for throne of skulls in march but i will get a army shot for you of what I'm taking. Hopefully it should look good.smile.png

Lovely stuff man! Very nice red, quite unusual looks! How did you achieve it? smile.png

Otherwise, great force so far. An army-shot would be nice as well! msn-wink.gif

Snorri

Thanks snorri, I did take a bit of inspiration from some of your stuff to be fair, so thanks msn-wink.gif . The red looks a bit more orange on the picture of the dread, not sure why but it's a bit darker in the reality. Recipe for the red is............

Black basecoat

1:1 Mephiston Red/Abbadon Black

Mephitston Red

Evil Suns Scarlet

Wild Rider Red to pick out the edges

Gloss Coat

Argax Earthshade Wash - mix with a little bit of water

Black wash in recessess

Wild Rider Red Highlight

Elf Flesh Fine Highlight

1:10 Crimson Carrsburg/Water Wash to tie the highlights together.

Lovely stuff man! Very nice red, quite unusual looks! How did you achieve it? smile.png

Otherwise, great force so far. An army-shot would be nice as well! msn-wink.gif

Snorri

Thanks snorri, I did take a bit of inspiration from some of your stuff to be fair, so thanks msn-wink.gif . The red looks a bit more orange on the picture of the dread, not sure why but it's a bit darker in the reality. Recipe for the red is............

Black basecoat

1:1 Mephiston Red/Abbadon Black

Mephitston Red

Evil Suns Scarlet

Wild Rider Red to pick out the edges

Gloss Coat

Argax Earthshade Wash - mix with a little bit of water

Black wash in recessess

Wild Rider Red Highlight

Elf Flesh Fine Highlight

1:10 Crimson Carrsburg/Water Wash to tie the highlights together.

Well, thank you, I feel honoured. ;)

Nice recipe you got there. Investing some time to paint miniatures is so important for good results. :)

Snorri

• 1 month later...

Okay, it's been a month or so and with the LPC done with I've been working on a 5 man dc squad, so the first one is up for your perusal. On a side not though these have been stripped of a silly amount of paint and some bits of detail have snapped off so you will have to excuse some dodgy bits.

c&c most welcome.

gallery_67911_8051_192335.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_126798.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_236686.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_197634.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the comment everyone.

Okay slight change of plan now, been thinking about doing a couple of different armies recently just for a change but I always seem to come back to marines, even thought about those filthy xenos!. So I decided to dabble in a bit of chaos, flying metal dragons, who wouldn't. I've decided to go the route of ' The true sons of horus '. They are from the orginal legion who have always stayed true to the name of horus, including keeping all colour and marking schemes.

So this is my first test for colour, but not quite sure wether to go for a black trim or a dirty bronze trim yet but here is the basic colour before highlights

What do you think?

gallery_67911_8526_71001.jpg

ps more pegs are always welcome yes.gif

Archived