Blood Angels Blog

Papa Lazarou

Agreed, the Bronze would rock! man this thread just gets better (I need a damn airbrush). the dread is cool and the death company (kudos on the Bolter choice BTW) are awesome as well. But that Sanguinary priest, wow, that is a level of epic I have not seen in a while. well done!

The Four Six Armies are watching,

prime

Thanks guys.

It turned out great ! The weathering looks very nice.

I like the green canopy. How did you do it ?

I use humbrol emerald clear, it's great stuff! Saves me time as well with not having to detail the inside of the canopies. smile.png

you can also use mop n glow with a green ink or dye! I have a mate who plays necrons and he used that to make green crystal objective markers out of those clear rods from window blinds with it.

Thanks guys, bronze it is then!!! It's will be a bit of a back burner project to begin with.

In the meantime here is a wip on my drop pod, no matter what I d cannot seem to get away from wanting to paint my blood angels smile.png. I tend to find drop pods a pain to paint if it's all assembled so it's a lot easier for me to paint it in bits then assemble it in stages.

all c&c most appreciated.

gallery_67911_8051_77633.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_137811.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_152709.jpg

just a note but that is just a bit of flare on the above pic, it's not that silver.

Gotta agree, it's a touch dark. Granted these things fall through an atmosphere, so darkening makes sense, but it looks caught inbetween.  It's not so dark that it looks like it was scorched, but it's not so bright as to match the other vehicles.  I'd vote for a hint of scarlet somewhere like on the other bits, likely in the upper pieces.

Still, excellent.  I'll be looking to this as a shading reference when I get to work on my own Drop Pod. :)

Looks great ! But isn't the red a bit too dark compared to your other stuff ? Still looks awesome though.

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated. I can see what you mean but it is just the photo, in reality it's more red, you actually had me go to the 'man cave' to double check. smile.png

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Well it's been a bit and I have to admit the drop pod has beaten me down.gif !!!! It's just been too repetitive so I've decided to try get my painting mojo back with painting a new furioso. I don't want them all to look the same so I have gone for the libby front and filed down the top to make the magna grapple fit.

what do you all think?

gallery_67911_8051_1210309.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_944756.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay all I'm back. Finally finished my furioso, work has been so crazy I've barely had time to paint. Good news is I've got the painting bug so after this is a Baal predator.

I'm probably about 85% happy with it, scroll work could have been better and the gold face too, but hey I can live with it. Anyway what do you think?

gallery_67911_8051_235547.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_275408.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_2202.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_75066.jpg

Really like these guys. The red is perfect. I'm doing some currently but I think you may have nailed the red better than mine.

I'm not sure if its the photos but the yellow looks very clean compared to the reds. I think if they were mine I would try a couple of brown washes to bring them closer to how the red sits. Just me though.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

that looks awesome! You should do a youtube vid on how you get it like that.

NIce work on that dread and baal pred!

And i like the way you went with the red its really striking! smile.png

The Predator looks awesome so far !

Thanks guys, after seeing some of your work that means I must be doing okay! tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived