Blood Angels Blog

Papa Lazarou

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks deathspectersgt7. smile.png

Right now onto Astorath the Grim. For this I'm going to be doing a more step by step thing so I can see where I need to improve on my painting skills. It's been basecoated and gloss coated for a wash.

All c&cwelcome (otherwise I won't improve msn-wink.gif )

gallery_67911_8051_37840.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_2980.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_55486.jpg

Hey Batu, thanks man, I've seen your Fire Angels and they look stunning brother, so you are more than skilled enough my friend. yes.gif

Okay quick update, the red of the armour has been washed and highlighted and all the gold trimmings are done as aswell. I'm going to do the shoulder pads in bone ( which i'm terrible at ) and the purity seals next.

What do you reckon?

gallery_67911_8051_110436.jpg

I really like the armor and the gold. The gold has a very nice hue to it.

You could paint the shoulder pads in black instead of bone. I think that would result in a nice contrast effect. The miniature is pretty bright so far; gold, scroll, and the armor. That way you could avoid painting bone ;)

• 2 months later...

Okay, okay, I know they aren't blood angels but I really need a change from red otherwise I risk losing my mind in a sea of red.

So here is a model just for fun really. What do you thinks so far?

gallery_67911_9308_21846.jpg

gallery_67911_9308_70261.jpg

gallery_67911_9308_18262.jpg

@batu, thanks for the comments mate, they are very much appreciated , i will definatley be coming back to my angels soon.

the praise is well deserved even at the moment that models pops and screams for attention

any chance of a closeup and also what are your plans for the organics

ps thanx for the compliment

pps just been looking back through your thread at length and that raven is so enviable ,realistic and stunning wub.png

Nicely done, really liking the glow effect on that lightning.

Thanks Brother Heinrich, have to say yours are some of the best night lords I have seen!

the praise is well deserved even at the moment that models pops and screams for attention

any chance of a closeup and also what are your plans for the organics

ps thanx for the compliment

pps just been looking back through your thread at length and that raven is so enviable ,realistic and stunning wub.png

Hey thanks demonclaw smile.png

Plans for the organics are not to far from what I have now really ,just going to highlight the upper parts of the flesh in a light grey then give a slight blue filter over it, I want that cold slightly dead flesh feel, then do alll the spine and bones in a.. well bone colour. Not sure if it will work yet though, what do you think?. I will definatley get some close ups for you soon because the armour has a slight metallic feel to it which hasn't really picked up.

ps I'm quite proud of the raven myself biggrin.png

• 2 months later...

Well after really struggling to finshing painting a model for sometime I've finally finshed one!! I was reading Ahriman and have always like the thousand sons so I thought what the hell and bought the model.

Anyway here's the finished model. C&C most welcome.

gallery_67911_9611_135531.jpg
gallery_67911_9611_96662.jpg

The colors are gorgeous, as per usual, but I'm afraid I must admit that the model seems a tad bit one note. With the robes and the mantle all the same color as the armour, save for the inside of the cloak, it seems rather easy to get lost on the model. Makes it difficult for the important pieces to stand out properly.

Just my thoughts, man.

The colors are gorgeous, as per usual, but I'm afraid I must admit that the model seems a tad bit one note. With the robes and the mantle all the same color as the armour, save for the inside of the cloak, it seems rather easy to get lost on the model. Makes it difficult for the important pieces to stand out properly.

Just my thoughts, man.

Thanks Noctus, thats exactly the sort of feedback i need, yeah I completely agree now that you said that, even though I

never notcied whilst i was painting it. Something I'll bear in mind in the future though.smile.png

Great blog fella....well done

Cheers Dorn. glad you like it. smile.png

• 4 weeks later...

Look what I've got!!!smile.png Finally doing my beloved blood angels again after a bit of loss of focus.

gallery_67911_8051_192581.jpg

I've had these bad boys for a while but due to moving house I've kept them packed away, there's a bit of cleaning up to do on them but not to much. Just need to unpack all my brushes now!

(crap pic due to camera been in a unspecified box wallbash.gif )

• 9 months later...

Well so much getting anything done so far, seems i've painting everything else instead. With the new codex out it made me get the man cave sorted so I canget some work done. So the space hulk termies will be pushed back a bit ( sorry marine7312000 ).

So here we have my first whirlwind primed and waiting to cure for it first basecoat.

gallery_67911_8051_375239.jpg

gallery_67911_8051_410001.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived