How do YOU model sonic weapons?

BassWave

Hail traitors, my girlfriend is starting emperor's children and i'm wondering if there are any cool alternatives to the gw noise marine kit?

I was thinking about the same thing.

I planned to use the new FW Heresy MK III and IV armours for Slaanesh CSM.

My intention is to build models that can be used both as Noise Marines and both, eventually, in a Heresy Army. I'm thinking about using one of the FW bolter patterns to represent sonic weapons, like the Phobos Pattern bolter.

It's look quite different from the "standard" bolters.

Looking at the FW site I see great number of new weapons sets: the Volkite caliver could be another cool option. I know it look like a plasma gun (the upper part mainly) but it will look completely different from your bolter equiped marines avoiding mistakes, and complains, during play :P

I have modeled a whole squad using psilencers and chaos vehicle parts

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh493/GreyknightV6/20121113_202424.jpg

I finished painting the first one last night (just the base to do). The photo is badly over exposed as I only took it with my phone, but I am really happy with the result (the shading looks perfect under normal light)

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh493/GreyknightV6/20121130_091831.jpg

All cool ideas, however i'm looking for something that looks like it produces sound. I like the screaming gargoyle/psilencer idea. Are there any third party conversation parts for sonic weapons?

I have modeled a whole squad using psilencers and chaos vehicle parts

They are very nice!

I have about 60 GK in PA and that means about 12 unused psycannons. My only problem is the availabiluty of chaos vehicle parts. I'm a quite recent CSM player and I don't have chaos vehicles spare parts.

GW sell the sprue but it does not have a huge number of gargoyles.

I have about 60 GK in PA and that means about 12 unused psycannons. My only problem is the availabiluty of chaos vehicle parts. I'm a quite recent CSM player and I don't have chaos vehicles spare parts.

GW sell the sprue but it does not have a huge number of gargoyles.

There are plenty of bitz stores around that can sell you the pieces you need:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php/chaos-s...bits-c-21_26_40

... another alternative may be to PM people who have them sitting around and offer a trade. I have more of these things sitting in boxes than I know what to do with.

Looking at the FW site I see great number of new weapons sets: the Volkite caliver could be another cool option. I know it look like a plasma gun (the upper part mainly) but it will look completely different from your bolter equiped marines avoiding mistakes, and complains, during play ;)

Yeah, I'm seriously considering this. I've wanted to model a not-noisemarine squad with not-sonic weapons for a while, and I keep an eye out for interesting weapons that wouldn't easily be mistaken for anything else in the codex. My idea is to fluff them up as a destroyer squad using radiological weapons, and I think the volkite calivers would make very passable rad-weapons.

Only drawback is that I also quite want to get a couple sets of the volkite chargers and use them as plasma guns, because they look so much better... and I obviously can't do both.

And yeah, those chaos vehicle gargoyles? Almost any chaos player in the world has more of those than they need.

e; those psilencers look great, adamv6.

double-edit; ew ew ew ew ew I just realised which subforum I'm in I am leaving you slaaneshi filth to your vices at once :lol:

...This thread has given me an idea: don't model sonic weapons onto noise marines and just make one of these Slaaneshi double entendres everytime you go to "fire" -

SPACE MARINE: "Look men, the heretics have no ranged weapons! Close with them, give no quarter, fear no return fire! For the Emperor!"

(As one the NOISE MARINES raise their hands and point at the charging Space Marines.)

NOISE MARINES: "The seed of Slaanesh comes from obsession with Fulgrim Pork"

SPACE MARINES: "Noooo, the wrongness of their Warp-Spawned words is ravaging my mind! Oh no, Brother Examplus brains are dribbling out of his ears! Damn you, Noise Marins!"

NOISE MARINES: "Slaaneshi Sausage"

SPACE MARINE: <dies>

I like the Psilencer idea. I've used basic bolters, cut the barrels off with some flat clippers, and glued a gargoyle head on the front. The Psilencers look beefier, and I have a number of them.

When I do this conversion, I also cut up the D-string of an acoustic guitar, drill 1/16" holes into the bolter and backpack, and glue the guitar string in so that it looks visibly different from a bolter.

Here's a bad picture taken from my phone

http://hittingon3s.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NMconversionphoto.jpg

I had the advantage of having an old school Noise Marine model that was missing the arms and random NM backpack .

If I do end up going with an EC army as a secondary army to play, I am abandoning the 80's Iron Maidenesque idea of sonic weaponry. Yes they were based upon musical instruments, but as shown in Fulgrim, they were based on muscial instruments specifically invented by a madwoman to recreate a Slanesshi temple. That tells me they are not going to be anything like instruments to me. In addition, Noise Marines have been around long enough to have truly weaponized them beyond just cranking up the amp. So far the psisilencer looks great as a weaponized sonic weapon.

Eh, I just happened to have the older backpacks. By using a bolt gun bit, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be easily mistaken for a bolt gun. The guitar string and older backpack do just that. I purchased a couple of upgrade packs and the guns are clearly not bolt guns, so it will be normal CSM backpacks for those guys.

That tells me they are not going to be anything like instruments to me. In addition, Noise Marines have been around long enough to have truly weaponized them beyond just cranking up the amp.

But... these ones go up to Eleven...

Can't really say anything worthwhile after this.

That tells me they are not going to be anything like instruments to me. In addition, Noise Marines have been around long enough to have truly weaponized them beyond just cranking up the amp.

Yea. That was the equivalent of the drive thru teller in "Dude, where is my car?" saying,

"And then?"

I did my NM's a long time ago, but used Bolters and a Heavy Bolter with the Gargoyle heads and then painted them to look like bone.

Of course, now that you need a unit of 10 to get a Blastmaster I need to get a few more done (although it's more likely I'll just never get around to it, tbh -_-).

Yea. That was the equivalent of the drive thru teller in "Dude, where is my car?" saying,

"And then?"

Dude. What's mine say?

But on topic. I really like how those psilencers look. Much more deadly looking than space rockers.

Sweet. What's mine say?

Archived