2500pts Death guard Scorched Earth

spu00sed

So after talking about the destroyer squads I thought about a pure scorched earth army. My thoughts turned to death guard and the following 2500pts

Mortarion

Centurion Moritat

Dual plasma pistols, artificer armour

Centurion Moritat

Centurion Moritat

10 man destroyer squad

2 rad missile launchers, 1 phospex bomb

10 man destroyer squad

10 man destroyer squad

13 man tacitical squad

Combi flamer, chem munitions

13 man tacitical squad

Combi flamer, chem munitions

6 man support squad

Flamers, chem munitions

6 man support squad

Flamers, chem munitions

5 man heavy support squad

Heavy flamers, chem munitions, hardened armour

As long as the enemy doesn’t bring armour they can bring some pain.

4 scoring units, 6 rad missiles, 6 chain firing plasma pistols and a primarch. I just wish Primarchs had a version of smash to deal with tanks.

Moritats cannot be taken as your compulsory HQ choice. And since Mortarion counts as a Lord of War and not an HQ, that means you are going to have to switch one of your Moritats to something else. I would suggest a Siege Breaker for the Phosphex bombs, and seems fluffy for Death Guard. Or a Forge Lord, because he can take Techmarine gear, meaning Rad grenades. Could attach him to one of your Tacticals for added close combat capability and applies the Rad affect for the whole squad. My last and most risky replacement suggestion would be a Praetor. He would allow you to roll twice on twice on the Warlord trait table, making it a little easier to get the trait, World Burners. This gives D3 units in your army the Shred rule for all their blast/template weapons. I would give as many Destroyer squads as you can this ability. Because unlike Chem-munitions, it doesn't GET HOT, and it applies to blasts! That means that all of your Rad Launchers and Phosphex bombs have Shred! Even your Frag grenades have Shred! Seems neat :P

1) take dual hand flamers on the destroyers. with chem munitions that will score a metric f**kton of wounds.

2) with all those flame weapons, take a praetor with the orbital assault rite of war and DS all those infantry right where the enemy is thickest: unload chem/phosphex bombs, laugh manically.

3) for death guard, consider deathshoud terminators. they are iconical, a bargain with chem flamers and may deepstrike with the appropriate rite of war.

I have changed the list slightly (well a lot), due to it being very cut and paste. Something I don’t normally do.

This new list should still be in keeping with the whole scorched earth policy

God of War

Mortarion – warlord

HQ

4 Deathshrouds with melta bombs, bodyguard for Mortarion

Centurion

Moritat, dual plasma pistols, melta bombs, jump pack

Centurion

Siege Breaker, 2 Phosphex bombs, Boarding Shield, Thunder hammer

Elite

5 Destroyers

Rad missile launcher, Phosphex bomb

10 Destroyers

2 Hand flamers (chem munitions), Jump packs, melta bombs, Phosphex bomb

2 Apothecaries

Troops

15 man tactical squad

15 man tactical squad

10 man breaching squad

2 flamers, combi flamer (all with chem munitions), breaching charge

Heavy support

5 man heavy support squad

Heavy flamers, chem munitions

Medusa

Chem munitions

Moriata goes with the jump destroyers

Siege breaker with the breachers

1 Apothecary in each tactical squad.

The medusa helps to bring the fire, but is the only tank in the list, so will be hiding lots

UnkyHamHam: Primarchs are automactically the warlord of the army

I like this version A LOT more.

See if you can squeeze some points in for Nuncio-vox on a few of the squads. The Medusa is Barrage in the Legion list, so you can hide it behind a building and call down BS4 fire to anything within LOS of a Nuncio-vox unit. That's handy, I've found.

UnkyHamHam: Primarchs are automactically the warlord of the army

Yeah, I realized it later after I posted that.

Sorry about that! Also I really like the new list as well. My only thoughts is that you might not be able to contend with Armor heavy lists. And Emperor be praised if someone brings a Super-Heavy against you. Otherwise looks cool and fluffy, and is still very Scorched-Earth.

Also on the Nuncio-Vox topic. Seekers make for great spotters with their BS 5! :P

Archived