Ave Dominus Nox

arterialsplash

Hi brothers, this is my first post on the board. I am currently working on a night lords force. Im going for a mixed armour look and have got hold of a couple of forgeworld kits to mix and match with regular space marine kits. Im hoping this will give the impression of a force which has been salvaging and stealing different armour over the millenia. So without further ado here is my first test model:

gallery_69900_7944_2507295.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_430828.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_51369.jpg

Still gotta get a drill and sort out that barrel but apart from that what do you guys think?

I love how you did the paint on the helmet and really like the clever use of the backpack. Mk III armor really doesn't allow for much space for the lightning, though. I like it overall and am interested in seeing more.

very nice.

freehand is very well done. blood looks good in its positioning but not 'wet' as you would expect it to be

also liking the metal backs to the legs for a bit more detail and variety in the scheme

Thanks for the feedback. so this is pretty much what i have put together so far. im looking to make about 20 of these guys:

So first up is the aspiring champion:

gallery_69900_7944_2731731.jpg

This guys just had his helmet shot up so hes ripping it off. i think i need to battle damage up that helmet a little more to make it more obvious:

gallery_69900_7944_3858591.jpg

Hacking up some guard parts. needs some green stuff gore coming out of that arm i think:

gallery_69900_7944_4900471.jpg

Stock standard marine with bolter:

gallery_69900_7944_1450947.jpg

Plasma gunner, used a half metal face as im thinking this isnt the first plasma gun this guys been through:

gallery_69900_7944_909048.jpg

Mag change:

gallery_69900_7944_4263576.jpg

Bolter guy:

gallery_69900_7944_4140834.jpg

I really like the guy ripping his helmet off, I'm going to use that for one of my future champion marines or so. And I love them all sofar, the MkIII guy though could look a ittle scary, but I guess that can wait until you paint him in awesomness. You are making me so hyped on this army, that now I want to make mine like that too :cuss

I am digging this army and I like your style of mixing different armor pieces etc... That to me is what a CSM army is all about. Pillage and plunder whatever pieces of armor and weapons you can get your hands on to continue the fight and watch the galaxy burn!

I most say, that these are some great models!

I too am also painting (well, sooner or later) a Night Lords force, and I was wondering if you would be so kind as to share what paint you used for your bat wing helm crests on the Marine reloading his bolter?

That marine hacking up the gaurdsmen looks sick!

Ave Dominus Nox!

Thanks for all the encouragement i appreciate it and will keep churning out these guys.

@ sinners red: Cheers mate i had a look at your thread all those boxes remind me of my table at the moment. Pretty daunting stuff looking forward to seeing your project come together. the red recipe is really simple. its just khorne red with a nuln oil wash, then go back over it with more khorne red leaving the recesses, then highlight with evil sunz scarlet. i finish the model with a matt varnish as i allways manage to rub off the top layers with my fingers plus it takes the shine off which i think fits the theme.

Mag change:

gallery_69900_7944_4263576.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_2653592.jpggallery_69900_7944_1914577.jpg

http://lurkmore.so/images/3/33/Too_fast.png

No but seriously - I wish I could paint that fast.

Nice conversions here, nice painting. Although I'd add a bit more bright highlighting for red parts.

@ darkven: LOL i am fortunate enough to be on holidays at the moment so have a looooot of spare time to get this stuff done. i work on the red thanks man

@ brother ulkesh: Glad you like it i will paint that one next

@ coldwinter: thanks man im gonna paint all the ones ive put together so far before i move back on to the production line. Shouldnt take too long i hope

This guys just had his helmet shot up so hes ripping it off. i think i need to battle damage up that helmet a little more to make it more obvious:

gallery_69900_7944_3858591.jpg

That...that is just... :wub: :tu: B)

You've just won the internet, as far as I'm concerned B)

THat is one seriously fantastic, inspired conversion!

Ok so hectic weekend but now finally have some more stuff to put up.

First up is missile launcher guy. Hes probably going to work his way into my havoc squad. Ive got him reaching down to grab that first rocket.

gallery_69900_7944_3287738.jpg

Next guy is about to charge in with his squad and hes picked out his foe; "YOUUUUUUU!" Also hes not a techmarine... he just killed one and stole his pouldron lol.

gallery_69900_7944_785527.jpg

And to finish up my latest bit of painting.

gallery_69900_7944_656554.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_2618825.jpg

And as a little preview of my project for the rest of the day:

gallery_69900_7944_3508953.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_2394968.jpg

Constructive criticism more than welcome. Thanks all :D

These are beautifully painted, and the conversions are top notch. I like your use of imperial armour mixed with Chaos. The skull painted on the test model makes the loyalist helmet look suitably scary. I might have to borrow this idea for a chaplin...

First of all thanks for all the positive feedback. its keeping the project moving thats for sure.

So this morning we have my cataphractii terminators. i love these models so i kept the converting to a minimum cause i felt they really didnt need it.

So im liking this guy for my champion but not commited at this stage

gallery_69900_7944_2786097.jpg

Combi-melta and power axe. The axe head is one of those warp talon things that go on the side of their jump packs.

gallery_69900_7944_767364.jpg

Second lightning claw dude.

gallery_69900_7944_3018106.jpg

Reaper autocannon and chainfist.

gallery_69900_7944_187781.jpg

And lastly another guy with a combi-melts and power axe.

gallery_69900_7944_1051611.jpg

Hope you like them.

Archived