Ave Dominus Nox

arterialsplash

So not much done at this stage being the weekend end and all but i have managed to sneak in the first half of my raptor claw.

The aspiring champion

gallery_69900_7944_2858226.jpg

couple of chainsword guys

gallery_69900_7944_693400.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_1909656.jpg

and my melta gunners. my favourite is the guy shooting open a tank getting ready to throw some grenades in the hole hes just made

gallery_69900_7944_148060.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_1227866.jpg

I like the raptors most of all I have to say I do like the guy with the grenades too, I could see him doing blowing open a tank while he dives from the air. But the poses in my opinion aren't...dynamic enough? It seems to normal and I would go for the extreme since they are Night Lords, always in motion. So just go crazy with them, don't let yourself get confined to such unlively poses, especially if you know that they could be better, and with the pain they would look smashing hot! So I say go for that, maby some ruins on the base or them flying, all of that would look good brother, cheers!

-ColdWinter

please tell me the secrets of your blue and lightning :o, I have decided to go with either a Night Lords army in the HH or my own chapter. And so far you are making my want to do your Night Lords, btw I will make those bikers first if you can spill those secrets since now I have the huner to make them into something really great and awesome ^_^. I woud like to know how make every inch of your model so I can make them for the HH, that way it will a fantastic Night Lords army, I will expecting it soon, brother! Don't keep me waiting ;)

Cold, here is a NL WIP paint by numbers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/88461760@N03/

Edit: arterial, please do not think I'm trying to steal your thunder (pun intended). Great easy conversions so far. I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of it myself. Great stuff.

As awesome as the Raptor Kit is I ran into some issues with arms and shoulder pads not quite fitting the way they should. I'm not a terribly big fan of hand/bolt pistol + arm set up. I wonder what your experiences working with the kit were.

Also, I love the melta gunner with grenades at ready. I'm jealous I didn't think of that myself.

Can't wait to see this rest. Also this has tempted me to get some close ups of my raptors up on my WIP.

No thuder stealing fears here whatever improves our painting/modelling/gaming is good by me. Sinners Red yes it was a little fiddly getting those arms sorted but im looking at my bitz box right now and it appreciates this kit. I saw your close ups and they are great. very nice work. Gearheart thanks for that i appreciate the encouragement. Im hoping to have my first night lords biker up by the end of the day.

beautiful biker brother! I definitly approve of that, it seems I have been persuade by you guys and my girlfriend to start Night Lords. So stay tuned for some pre heresy stuff after christmas/x-mas break. I will definitly use your colour scheme and lightning effects, if I have any questions I will ask you! Cheers brother!

Glad you guys like the biker ill do up the rest like that. All up there will be six ill be picking up my other 3 this morning. Not sure whether i should get the dark angels ones or the normal space marine ones or the chaos marine ones to add some variety to the squad. Coldwinter thanks man i look forward to seeing your nightlords i know you will create something truly terrorfying. I wish my girlfriend cared about my hobby as much as yours does. I show mine what ive just painted and shes all like "thats nice hunny but i dont care."

So this morning im definitely looking for some opinions on this guy more specifically the lightning claws. Ive went for a hot metal look rather than your traditional electricity because i didnt want to over do the lightning. Im not sold on it yet as this will be repeated on all the lightning claws in my army. Im thinking as an alternative to use the same techninque i used on my plasma gun with the greens. This guy will be part of my chosen claw.

gallery_69900_7944_3388984.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_225773.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_1781909.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_1501387.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Your right I'm not sold on that red either, how about a greenish colour to it? It will definitly five a better thought on the character and if not that, then a light blue to give the real power claw feel to it. Just a suggestion brother. Btw it did take some time to convince my girlfriend that warhammer 40k was awesome, she ultimatly was the one that took my to gamesday (ironic right? :cuss). But yeah she just bought me an entire cataphractii Termintor set, about those three 10 man squads full of them with the combi bolters and power fists including the special weapons with a few other marines to bolster the ranks of the Atramentar (spoilers!). So I have to say I am surprised and am determined to make the most out of this great present that I will be receiving in return I will have to make Sevatar, since she is in love with that character. But besides my life I think you are making an awesosme job on these Night Lords, they really give me that feel to them and I just love it, you were a big contributer to my desicion to picking them so thank you! Keep up the good work!

I like the claws. I think they just look a little odd because we are mostly used to seeing blue, or steel ones. It's a nice change of pace, I think it just has to grow on you.

Over the model looks great though.

Well thanks guys i think i will stick with the red (also takes ages to do with all the blending and mixing of paint so doing it all again green and not even being sure if it would look better, then wanting it red again is just too much for me). Coldwinter you are a lucky man i would love that as a present but in a way once you put them up on the board its kinda a present for everyone :blink:. So the next thing to go up is going to be my counts as huron conversion who will be my warlord. Ill be using the aspiring champ model and some raptor parts.

Ok here is my warlord. He will count as Huron so ive got the lightning claw/heavy flamer there. Hes got little promethium canisters on it which i guess would only be good for one shot so ive put an extra hanging off his belt and one that his helpful little combat familiar has gotten ready to hand off to him.

gallery_69900_7944_2971192.jpg

gallery_69900_7944_1361235.jpg

Hope yas like him. I dont have a name for him yet because i am pretty useless at that sort of thing. If anyone has any ideas for a name i am definitely taking suggestions. Thanks guys

Well thanks guys i think i will stick with the red (also takes ages to do with all the blending and mixing of paint so doing it all again green and not even being sure if it would look better, then wanting it red again is just too much for me). Coldwinter you are a lucky man i would love that as a present but in a way once you put them up on the board its kinda a present for everyone :lol:. So the next thing to go up is going to be my counts as huron conversion who will be my warlord. Ill be using the aspiring champ model and some raptor parts.
Good plan, stick with it and move on, it is the only way to get an army done. :)

You can always go back and redo the arms (if magnetized) or simply rebuild the entire models from new parts + paint him up again.

I was also in the same boat as you with regards to power weapon colours and in the end I settled for these:

purple and turquoise

Unlike the red/orange/yellow, they do not clash with the red eyelenses and wings.

Archived