Throne of Skulls March 2013 (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

Had a few people mention the P&J hotel. Has anybody stayed there?

I'd personial never go back to P&J hotel ever again.  But that is just from my own experince with the place.  Like wise the cinima near by it was not so great/so small,  But then maybe other have stay there & enjoy it.

I usely stay that the Castle Marine Primer Inn but that fully book right now, just it was good due to easy to walk to Warhammer World since I do not drive. 

I'll be stay that the Gateway hotel which I stay that during ToS Nov last year.  The hotel great, but it better if you drive (£10 for a taxi to Warhammer World), lucky my friend is the one drive us down from Scotland.   Breakfast was really good & it a really good cost as well.  I think ToS Nov it was £117 for just myself for the Friday until Monday with breakfast.

It dose not take to long to drive to Warhammer World from the gateway hotel & like wise a lot of my friends who attend Throne of Skulls events stay there.

Also IBIS is a alright hotel.  It just a few moment walk from the train stastion in the town & really cheap cost wise, it £7ish for the taxi to Warhammer World (but that during the current road works).  Like wise the town cinima is only a ten min walk from the hotel.

Also people will need to bare in mind there is road work around the Warhammer World area.  I think there a PDF on there web site to help out people drive there & there a map on there facebook page (see timeline photos?)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=2200008&aId=22500006a

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2420175a_Tram_works_-_from_July_9th_-_Abbey_Street-Abbey_Bridge-Gregory_Street_(White_Hart)_junction.pdf

Ah the Gateway! I Forgot about that hotel! Used to stay there years ago and it was alright and room rates look ok on website! 

Any reason why you think the P&J is rubbish? I was going to book it but the only rooms they have free have a shared bathroom and I'm a bit of a snob and like an en suite :D

• 4 weeks later...

Only a few days left until Throne of Skulls March.  Really looking forward to going down & just to get some games in with the Iron Warriors.

Look like I will be getting pick up around 8am.  Then as said into Warhammer World for food & gaming on the Friday.  Also hoping to see the Hobby team armies on display in the mesuem (sp) in Warhammer World.

IP

Only a few days left until Throne of Skulls March.  Really looking forward to going down & just to get some games in with the Iron Warriors.

Look like I will be getting pick up around 8am.  Then as said into Warhammer World for food & gaming on the Friday.  Also hoping to see the Hobby team armies on display in the mesuem (sp) in Warhammer World.

IP

Looking forward to reading your battle report as usual IP.  A lot of the stuff in the museum is a true blast from the past ^_^  I'd love to go back to Warhammer World, but my wallet would take a hammering at the shop! :lol:

Throne of Skulls March was a great weekend (apart from the weather).  Really enjoy the event & felt each one has out done them selfs become better & better.

My Iron Warriors had five brillaint games against five great oppents.  My battle report will be up soon, but it will be near the end of the week due to a lot of stuff on the go/really busy right now.  Also photos from the event.
Was also happy for the Iron Warriors to be up for Nominee.  Really great armies on display.

Also Bugman bar sell cookies has been great.

Septemeber will be the next Throne of Skulls I will attend.  I'll be looking to add the Forge World breacher seige parts into my Iron Warriors force soon.  There always new models being added to my Iron Warriors because I enjoy converting & so there somthing new for each event.

IP

Archived