Pre Heresy Themed Word Bearers

Emperor's Furor

This is what I've come up with so far, based on a mixture of the units from First Heretic, Battle for the Abyss and Scions of the Storm. Some are accurate, some are slight alterations or additions to go with the characters I've decided to go with. I'm thinking of adding a Vindicator or two to represent the Firestorm armoured squadron of the Serrated Suns, which is mentioned in First Heretic and I also want to include the 9th Maniple, Carthage Cohort of the Legio Cybernetica (battle robots), if they add them to the Mechanicum list in some form.

HQ

Chaplain Xaphen, 7th Assault Company - Refractor field / Artificer armour / jump pack - 125

(with Torgal Assault Squad)

Chapter Master Deinos (Librarian) - Level 1 Pyromancy / Refractor field / Artificer armour - 115

(with Burning Hands Support Squad)

Chapter Master Tenaebron (Moriat) - Volkite Serpenta x 2 / Jump pack / Artificer armour / refractor field - 135

(with Kaleb Destroyer Squad)

Elites

Chapter of the Void, 2nd Company

Kaleb Destroyer Squad (x5) - Jump Packs / Phosphex bomb x3 / Plasma pistol - 270

Apothecary Uhrlon - Augury scanner - 50

(with Tabrae Support Squad)

Troops

Serrated Suns Chapter, 7th Assault Company

Malnor Tactical Squad (x10) - Legion Vexila - 160

Rhino - Auxiliary Drive / Extra armour / Heavy Bolter - 70

Torgal Assault Squad (x10) - Power weapons x 2 / Power fist / artificer armour - 295

The Burning Hand Chapter, 34th Tactical Company:

Tabrae Support Squad (x9) Flamers (8) - 160

Rhino - Auxiliary Drive / Extra Armour / Heavy Flamer - 70

Total - 1450

I originally had an Apothecary in there until I realised the squad it was meant to be with was in a Rhino and had no more space, so I didn't know what to include instead. I want to work up to 2000 points, so I have 500 points to play around with, a long with the 50.

Edit: I'll have a problem with tanks won't I? Rather than a rapier or techmarine, maybe I should add some Melta bombs? It's 50 points exactly to give the assault squad melta bombs.

Maybe this?

HQ

Chaplain Xaphen, 7th Assault Company - Refractor field / Artificer armour / jump pack - 125

Chapter Master Deinos (Librarian) - Level 1 Pyromancy / Refractor field / Artificer armour - 115

(with Burning Hands Support Squad)

Chapter Master Tenaebron (Moriat) - Volkite Serpenta x 2 / Jump pack / Artificer armour / refractor field - 135

(with Kaleb Destroyer Squad)

Elites

Chapter of the Void, 2nd Company

Kaleb Destroyer Squad (x5) - Jump Packs / Phosphex bomb x3 / Plasma pistol - 270

Apothecary Uhrlon - Augury scanner - 50

(with Tabrae Support Squad)

Troops

Malnor Tactical Squad (x10) - Legion Vexila - 160

Rhino - Auxiliary Drive / Extra armour / Heavy Bolter - 70

Torgal Assault Squad (x10) - Power weapons x 2 / Power fist / artificer armour / melta bombs - 345

The Burning Hand Chapter, 34th Tactical Company:

Tabrae Support Squad (x9) Flamers (8) - 160

Rhino - Auxiliary Drive / Extra Armour / Heavy Flamer - 70

Total - 1500

Yeah, I didn't really want a Praetor and they are only sub level HQs and fairly cheap I think. I wanted the Librarian type figure because I thought he'd be an interesting figure to convert as he has flame jets on his hands, but I could drop him for something else I guess what do you suggest? I'd even be open to dropping the flamer squad and their rhino as that was meant to tie in with the librarian.

I'd normally agree, but the HH list provides two main benefits: much cheaper than normal additional model cost (encouraging larger squads) and cheap HQs (with an additional HQ slot). It really seems like they want you to build lists with big squads led by heroes and one or two special toys. I don't think 3 at 1500 is too unusual, but they probably need to be less expensive.

I could see two in this list, maybe a little assault HQ and the support type Librarian.

I'd probably going to go for this list, it's a lot more themed imo.

HQ

Argel Tal, Captain 7th Assault Company (Legion Champion) - Artificer armour / Master crafted power sword / Refractor field / Jump pack - 140

(with Malnor Assault Squad)

Troops

Torgal Assault Squad (x10) - Melta bombs - 300

Malnor Assault Squad (x10) - Hand flamer - 260

Badur Assault Squad (x10) - Hand flamer - 260

Fast Attack

Dagotal Outrider Squad (x6) - Melta bombs / Sergeant / Power fist / Plasma pistol x2- 270

Heavy Support

Vindicator Firestorm - Auxiliary drive / Extra armour / Armoured ceramite / Dozer blade - 145

Total - 1500

Archived