Loken Led Sons of Horus

alex567

Hey guys so i've got an idea for a list and was wondering what you guys think.

Loken

consule

either chapter champion or master of signals

command squad

2 chosen

power fist

power sword

meltabombs

catapract terminators

2 lightning claws

2 power fists

chain fist

combi melta

reaper autocannon

frag launchers

catapract terminators

2 lightning claws

2 power fists

chain fist

combi melta

reaper autocannon

frag launchers

10 tactical marines

nucio vox

legion vexilla

10 tactical marines

nucio vox

legion vexilla

It's about 1350pts looking to add more in the future but was wondering what to add?

I'd say add Lascannon Squad for some long-range shooting. Or, since you have the Nuncio-vox, a Medusa.

The problem I have, however, is Loken means Sons of Horus and their Legion rules benefit from having big squads-- more so than the rest of the Legions. And this list has small squads so it will be harder to get the extra attack and those power fist guys won't ever get the attack (because they are I1). Maybe another Legion would be better?

I'd say add Lascannon Squad for some long-range shooting. Or, since you have the Nuncio-vox, a Medusa.

The problem I have, however, is Loken means Sons of Horus and their Legion rules benefit from having big squads-- more so than the rest of the Legions. And this list has small squads so it will be harder to get the extra attack and those power fist guys won't ever get the attack (because they are I1). Maybe another Legion would be better?

The only reason the list is like this is because I am short on money, in the future I hope to add more marines, and take bigger squads but at like £60 for ten guys, it's a bit difficult to have several units of 20, I hope to have around 3 units of 20 sometime next year, but until then this is what I'm stuck with unfortunately. :) But I see what you mean, it might be worth taking a unit of 20 then? and using pride of the legion to get my other troop choices?

Yeah, since you're playing Loken, he can use Pride of Legion. In that case you might want to change the Tac to Vet Tac, maybe just one. They soak up... More points per dollar, as it were.

For now I just wanna stick to marines, but I will be including nero vipus at some point in a veteran tactical squad.

Archived