Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Havlar's miniatures

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

Hello,

below are my minis, usually Imperial Fists spinoff.

AoBR Commander:

First tactical:

Second tacticali:

AoBR terminators:

Rhino:

Land speeder:

Edited by havlar, 16 March 2014 - 06:47 PM.

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

Third tactical:

Dreadnought:

Edited by havlar, 16 March 2014 - 06:47 PM.

MattCrawford

MattCrawford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Not bad, brother! Yellow is a notoriously hard colour to get right, and it's nice to see that you've found an effective method for getting it even and thin.

If you were looking to continue improving these models, I'd say you should add a little more to your shading and do some edge highlights.

In the former case, take a weaker wash than what you're currently using (diluted Ogryn Flesh or regular Gryphonne Sepia, not sure what the new equivalents are), and pull it out of the deepest recesses just a bit onto the armour. This should give a nice transition. The original shading is also a bit rough, so you might consider a second round right in the recesses just to even them out.

In the latter case, just start mixing up from pure yellow towards a cream colour. Thin your paints out as you work your way up, and don't be afraid to dab your brush on a napkin 5-6 times if it's really wet. The trick is to build it up and get thinner along the edges that catch light. One last trick is to glaze the original yellow over the finished product to tie all the highlights together.

Keep up the good work, these are some really solid marines with lots of potential!
Current projects: World Eaters Warband, World Eaters Fandex, Banelord Titan, other modeling and painting experiments.

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Chapter Name: Star Runners
Hi Havlar,

Well done, you're getting some nice depth to the yellow, which as MattCrawford pointed out is tricky, to reinforce what he's said:

-Try a wet pallette there are tutorials on here about making one, they're cheap as you like and will drastically change your results.
-Consider how you're going to base them, the textured GW paints may well suit you, or again look at some tutorials, but coherent basing will improve the look of your force by a massive amount when they're all together.
-And again some restrained edge highlights could really transform these guys, cream-tones (specifically bone) work well on yellow as they give it a less washed out look.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

Content updated :)

Changes:

* all units have been based

* dreadnought added

carpediem

carpediem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Ow, that's really bright. Other than that all I can really add is that the shoulder plates on the terminators look a bit flat. 

The picture is Valentina Tereshkova; the first woman in space, and something of a personal hero.

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

I got this BA commander as a bonus when winning some bits auction.
He felt kinda lonely, so I browsed for some spare bits, and made these dudes as his company smile.png
The chainsword dude's torso was melted with plastic glue, so I modelled it as armour damage.
Legs for these dudes are not normal legs, but "transplants" from aobr/maccrage models too damaged for any other use.

Time for yellow bikers now.

Edited by havlar, 16 March 2014 - 06:48 PM.

havlar

havlar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts

Some time passed, and I finally finished the bikes.

Bikes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users