Pingo's completed Space Wolves

pingo

Hi folks! I'm starting to have a few painted Space Wolves around, so it's about time I post some photos.

Here's Gunn the Sullen.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l3GpkGZORHw/UM-cQ1MJkBI/AAAAAAAAAcM/uw1ZxfL_3MQ/s1600/2012-12-17%2021.43.43.jpg

There's some more pictures, and a little bit of fluff for Gunn, on my blog here.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks, Greyall!

Here's another finished model: Olaf Wyrdweaver, a Rune Priest.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f0J34ISBKIQ/UNCsHKCQ_QI/AAAAAAAAAdA/blAtCLjDvzc/s1600/2012-12-17%2021.10.26.jpg

This guy was all kinds of fun, from building to painting. More photos and a few WIP shots, and some background for Olaf, are on my blog here.

Looking nice, the OSL is nicely done without being overpowering. When are we going to see your Jarl with some paint on him, eh?

Cheers! Well, after reading your comment I've tentatively got my Jarl out on my painting table for a bit of a fun holiday season project. After all, he will have a white beard!

Lovely, lovely work. I'm really enjoying watching your progress :mellow:

Thanks, Ludovic. I'm enjoying the army starting to come together.

Good to see some Grey/Red Wolves instead of the usual Baby Blue/Yellow scheme everywhere these days, your scheme looks far more intimidating and fluffy and you've executed it amazingly.

Glad you like them. There's something about grey armoured wolves that feels right to me.

I finally finished putting together a post on my blog about my first completed squad: Harald Bayneye's pack – a unit of Grey Hunters.

Here's a group shot:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MNURGaoZVpQ/UND0JyXvYyI/AAAAAAAAAiY/N3XpSM2wdvU/s1600/2012-12-17%2021.40.05.jpg

I've got tons more photos on my blog (here) which I won't clutter up the thread with. There's also a name and brief background story for each member of the pack.

Thanks for looking!

Very nice models you have there and I simply love that you gave them all 'sagas'.

I was going to suggest a little combat damage on the armour, but then I saw you are using washes for the base colour...

But very nice indeed

-Martin

I was going to suggest a little combat damage on the armour, but then I saw you are using washes for the base colour...

I did consider battle damage, but figured I'd leave it as I want to get these done quick and simple and only to a decent tabletop standard. This is meant to be a drop pod based army, so I can pretend that they're undamaged on account of having just arrived to battle.

Just thought I'd mention though, that "Gunn" is a girl's name :)

Lol! I didn't know that. I guess that explains why he's so sullen.

They're some cool looking wolves.

I like the dark grey armour and the dirty gold.

Adds some grim-dark to what can be a cartoony

army.

I look forward to seeing more.

Laterz...

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been an unacceptable amount of time since I last posted an update in this thread.

I recognize my failing and will be sure to correct it.

To that end, may I present Patrekr's Long Fang Pack:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tHRA24BFbcY/UOXu-F3bCfI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/7WvavNMGCgY/s1600/2013-01-03+20.20.13.jpg

Lots more photos of these venerable old fellows can be seen on my blog here, along with more back stories.

Finally this evening, we have the big man himself, my Wolf Lord Rikkard Threadcutter, the White Wolf, Jarl of Fyf:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6LSb8kIOb5E/UO8Z1DowX4I/AAAAAAAAAn8/u2_nWMwRj9Y/s1600/2013-01-07+21.14.43.jpg

As normal, lots and lots of photos on my blog should you wish to check them out. I also go into Rikkard's character, weapons, and the symbology of the ornamentation on his armour.

Also, I have come up with a four-part saga on how Rikkard became Jarl of Fyf, This tale, relayed by Jorn, Skald of Fyf, can be found by following this link: The Saga of Rikkard Threadcutter.

Thanks for looking!

very nice work, i like the relaxed poses some of your wolves have, What is that grey hunter with the plasma gun doing?

What is that grey hunter with the plasma gun doing?

He's meant to be smashing the gun into the face of an enemy.

Where is the axe from the first guy? Works really well.

It's from the either the Chaos Marauder or Chaos Marauder Horsemen from Fantasy, I don't remember exactly which, There's some cool bits for Space Wolves in those kits.

Archived