+++Fleets of the Heresy+++

Captain Semper

What do you guys think?

That the captain needs to receive a mindscrubbing and turned into an auto-scribe servitor? :)

:D

Captain Semper Looks good man I very pleased with that setup. Great guys lets keep them coming. Any one found a Salamander ship yet?

Glad you like it Raven Angel - looks more complete now, no? So yeah, what about Salamanders? Do they walk in battle?

One thing I must ask - what about ships from old codices - not just 5th Ed. but further back - RT/2nd/3rd etc. and the relative BRBs - or are we going for ONLY HH/CV and current codices/BL stuff?

As long as it is clear it was around during the Heresy it's all good!

Now a big question that has come up before (by Olisderan, the mighty): In Fulgrim there is an EC ship called Andronius. In Angel Exterminatus there is one called Andronicus. Different ships right? (Both books are written by the same author (McNeil).

Iron Warriors UPDATED!

Now a big question that has come up before (by Olisderan, the mighty): In Fulgrim there is an EC ship called Andronius. In Angel Exterminatus there is one called Andronicus. Different ships right? (Both books are written by the same author (McNeil).

I'd be inclined to think that there is the possibility that these two ships are the result of a typo, as they may be intended to be one and the same. However an in-universe explanation could very well be that these are sister-ships, with their keels laid down at the same time. Since we have two separate names from two separate sources that would be how I'd like to explain it.

Wait a minute wasn't "Shadow of the Emperor" detroyed over Istvaan (deliverence lost or some of the short storys about Corax flight) and in Cadian blood it's the "Second Shadow" in honur of the first ship that was detroyed?

But was the 'Second Shadow' actually built during the Heresy? I always imagined it to be a post-Heresy ship.

Thx Oli, that's what I was gonna do anyway... The fact that there is the same writer for both books supports the idea that it was intended and not a typo. I'm gonna add the Andronicus then...

This is really building up some momentum there! :) I'm scared when I'm gonna reach the UMs fleet - so many ships! :)

@ malika: Good point there... is there anything that even hints that it was there during the Heresy? If not I'll remove it. Is there is some insinuation that it might have been around, I'll keep it and add a note..

I went over Cadian Blood and while I cant confirm with 100% certainty There is heavy circumstantial evidence that the Second Shadow is Crusade Era. It's IFF was in the data core of the Terminus Est. I feel comfortable leaving it at this time. In addition I found another XIV Legion ship.

the Aggrieved Death Guard Battle Barge/Battleship

She went down after the Siege of Terra dulling

In Purity Protected Emperor-class battleship Imperial Navy

So there are 2 more for the list.

I went over Cadian Blood and while I cant confirm with 100% certainty There is heavy circumstantial evidence that the Second Shadow is Crusade Era. It's IFF was in the data core of the Terminus Est. I feel comfortable leaving it at this time. In addition I found another XIV Legion ship.

But how can the Second Shadow be a Crusade era ship if it was built to honor a ship that was destroyed during the Heresy?

But did it fight during the Siege, or Crusade? It might be a post-Heresy ship then right?

Also note that the Imperial Navy didn't exist yet during the Crusade/Heresy, the organization only came to be after the Heresy when Guilliman split up the Imperial military.

Well, Happy New Year everybody!

My Jan 1st involved a number of family obligations, stealing valuable time from this project - but now I'm back and ready to continue the "Notes" column till I drop! :lol:

As regards the Second Shadow I'm in two minds... It says it's thousand years old but avoids mentioning the Heresy... Maybe ADB could shad some light? Given the fact that the Raven Guard has very few named vessels I'll keep the Second Shadow and add a not that it is unclear that it is actually a Heresy-era vessel.

Same applies for the Purity Protected... I'll add a note saying it's unclear if it was actually around during the Heresy. We really need to find conclusive evidence either way...

Again, keep looking for new ships! This is going great!

But how can the Second Shadow be a Crusade era ship if it was built to honor a ship that was destroyed during the Heresy?

It was not built in honor, it is named in honor of the flagship lost at Istvann V. There is time for a new ships to join the the Raven Guard fleet or for Corax to rename a ship

But did it fight during the Siege, or Crusade? It might be a post-Heresy ship then right?

Also note that the Imperial Navy didn't exist yet during the Crusade/Heresy, the organization only came to be after the Heresy when Guilliman split up the Imperial military.

Info states that In Purity Protected chased Aggrieved from Terra to the Gate and was destroyed in battle with Aggrieved before Aggrieved crashed on the planet. All ships that took part in the Siege or the Scouring ARE Heresy era ships.

It was not built in honor, it is named in honor of the flagship lost at Istvann V. There is time for a new ships to join the the Raven Guard fleet or for Corax to rename a ship

That's true, but is it actually stated as such? As in that it's a ship from that era and that it was renamed to honor the original flagship?

Info states that In Purity Protected chased Aggrieved from Terra to the Gate and was destroyed in battle with Aggrieved before Aggrieved crashed on the planet. All ships that took part in the Siege or the Scouring ARE Heresy era ships.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up! :D

That's true, but is it actually stated as such? As in that it's a ship from that era and that it was renamed to honor the original flagship?

There is no conclusive evidence either way. I'll include it and note that there might be a question mark about its involvement in the Heresy. If conclusive evendence appears I'll act accordingly - how does this sound?

I'm currently reading the Iron Warriors omnibus; within it is mentioned that the Warbreed was a vessel from the Horus Heresy era. Honsou, the main character, uses this ship in 40k. I get the impression that it is a strike cruiser

No it does not say or deny it but the Terminus Est, which is Heresy era, is able to pick out Second Shadow by name among the Imperial ships. While not conclusive in and of it's self this is what I would consider solid circumstantial evidence of the Raven Guard cruiser's vintage.

Speaking of vintage I have a boarder line submission the Charibdys class grand cruiser. The only know example is the Carcharodon battle barge Nicor. However the ship is of such ancient heritage that other examples of the Charibdys class must have existed during the Heresy era. So I would like to include the class in the Navy list but not the Nicor herself. It is so rare to get a class especially from this era that I think it warrants inclusion even without a ship to tie it to yet.

Thanks Raven Angel - it appears that's collateral damage of the B&C upgrade. I'll get to work...

EDIT: it appears that nothing can be done for the moment. We need to wait until the new software is fully functional... That'll be soon, although how soon I'm not in a position to tell. Maybe 2 weeks, maybe a bit more...

Here is a list of imperial ships that fought in the tarps campaign:

Righteouse power

Star of Cassiopeia

Black duke

Hammer of thrance

August

Cerebus

Imperius Javalin

Imperius gauntlet

Imperius anvil

Graf derzki

Prince maud