Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Forte: I completely agree! Although that could just be me stuck in my ways :tongue.:

@IP: Thanks man! Rhinos are coming up next!

@Galfridus: Thanks dude and I agree :smile.:
@Vel'Cona: Thanks bud! I wanted a little something to differentiate him as I couldn't make him quite as bad ass as Second Claw leader, being on a bike. I figured the stripe was a suitable substitute :wink:

@DeathSpecter: Thanks man!

@One-Eye: Thanks a lot dude! I'm going for that uniqueness among each guy, but uniform once seen together.

@Magnus: Thanks man, and funny you should mention that...

Rhino Time!

gallery_47732_9950_773346.jpg

So there's the rhino in the assembly stage. Parts of the extra armor kit gives me headaches, but it looks pretty cool once it's done I think so I'm hoping it's worth it.

I also did those hand swaps on the other 2 bikers. Now, 2 meltagunners:

gallery_47732_9950_124287.jpg

More to come guys! I'll be sure to post a picture once the rhino is fully assembled, before being primed :smile.:

EDIT: Also yes, I do totally eat fig newtons while I paint :tongue.: :tongue.: :tongue.:

Got the rhino all ready for primer:

gallery_47732_9950_582799.jpg

And here's what it will look like when fully assembled:

gallery_47732_9950_118736.jpg

I'm going to be priming it later today, so much more to come! I'm pretty excited to be painting a tank finally. :smile.:

Damn this is an awesome thread! Much love for the clean paintjob you do on these guys.

The rhino top hatch coversion is great too, is there much work in getting the hatch to fit snug in the razorback gun mount?

Looking forward to seeing some more.

@Olis: Thanks man! Hopefully that's the case!

@Recon: No worries man! It's funny you ask, because I think they are receiving some of the most mixed reaction in terms of the legion upgrades, aside from maybe the iron warrior torsos (which no one understands :tongue.: ). I actually really like the AL upgrades, and this guy is actually someone I am incredibly close to pulling the trigger on and getting to convert into a NL champion for my force. In general I'm glad they departed from the literal interpretation of the fluff that every dude looks the same, including the primarch. Makes for a much more interesting legion in my opinion. 

@Vulkan: Thanks dude! It's really easy; the hatch doesn't fit perfectly in (like it does in the cupola it is supposed to go in), but it is snug enough that it doesn't need any conversion work.
@Vel'Cona: Thanks man! I'm excited too :tongue.:

@Grizz: Thanks bud!

The rhino is in the basecoating stage right now, so plenty more to come! :smile.:

Yes! Finally a tank! Looking forward to it very much, mate.

Two things about your tank though: it looks like it could benefit from some filler below the exhaust covers ( there's tiny gaps), and also below the rear copula ( it looks a little like it is floating imho...) does that make sense?

Top notch work on the meltagunners. A great looking and powerful unit for sure! :tu:

@Augustus: Thanks man! It's funny you mention that, I actually filled the exhaust gaps and the rear hatch should be good to go, it was actually resting on the top for this photo so when it's all said and done it should be a bit of a better fit! :smile.:

@Geektom: Thanks dude! The FW bikers are :censored: awesome, definitely worth the investment if that's your bag. 

No real updates unfortunately, as all I've done is get some blue on this bad boy. More to come soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

@Since it's been so long since I've painted a tank, you and me both!

@Thanks a lot man!

Sorry about the complete lack of updates but I moved apartments so haven't had much time to paint! Everything should be good and sorted here in a week or so, so there will be plenty more to come! 

On a related note I just finished Talon of Horus and that book kicked ass. Almost enough to make me like the Black Legion :wink: That said once FW releases some Thousand Sons upgrades I may very well have a second army in mind :tongue.:

More to come!

• 3 weeks later...

@Forte: I completely agree! Although that could just be me stuck in my ways :tongue.:

@IP: Thanks man! Rhinos are coming up next!

@Galfridus: Thanks dude and I agree :smile.:

@Vel'Cona: Thanks bud! I wanted a little something to differentiate him as I couldn't make him quite as bad ass as Second Claw leader, being on a bike. I figured the stripe was a suitable substitute :wink:

@DeathSpecter: Thanks man!

@One-Eye: Thanks a lot dude! I'm going for that uniqueness among each guy, but uniform once seen together.

@Magnus: Thanks man, and funny you should mention that...

Rhino Time!

gallery_47732_9950_773346.jpg

So there's the rhino in the assembly stage. Parts of the extra armor kit gives me headaches, but it looks pretty cool once it's done I think so I'm hoping it's worth it.

I also did those hand swaps on the other 2 bikers. Now, 2 meltagunners:

gallery_47732_9950_124287.jpg

More to come guys! I'll be sure to post a picture once the rhino is fully assembled, before being primed :smile.:

EDIT: Also yes, I do totally eat fig newtons while I paint :tongue.: :tongue.: :tongue.:

As always amazing work my friend. Cant wait to see that rhino painted up. also credit on the biscuit choice. Cant beat a good Fig Roll.

Hi Alan. 

I am watching your Rhino blog with great interest.  I have just pushed a FW Nightlord front glacis on to a Predator and was surprised how much plasticard was needed to bring it to the correct width.  It's not the sort of area that lends to a GS fix, so at the moment I have left some small channels.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

@Recon: You definitely should give it a try, man! It definitely changes your perception of Abaddon.

@Cowboy: Figs are so good, I just find myself eating like boxes of 'em at a time!

@Dragonlover: Thanks dude! I think the primary secret is I take for-god damn-ever to paint things! :tongue.:

@Psykic Scribe: That's strange. It should be an identical width as the rhino; I can't help but wonder if maybe you got a bad cast? Always worth looking at it and making sure it is 100% flat, and if not using some warm water to straighten it out. That is definitely a harder area to clean up, but depending on the size might not be noticeable once it is all painted and shaded.

@Augustus: It is this one :tongue.: I hope no one finds my secret rhino thread :ph34r.:

Small Update:

gallery_47732_9950_89012.jpg

So I'm basically just getting all the base colors down right now. Updates have become less common because I was a bit burnt out and was kind of enjoying putzzing around with some loyalist stuff :wink: I'm back to the VIII'th now so plenty more to come! :smile.:

Archived