Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Dosjetka: Thanks, man!

@Magnus: Thanks dude! I agree, they make the marine look much bulkier, but I feel bad for those that may have to re-base 50+ models :unsure.:

Thanks for looking! Like I said, more pictures should be inbound shortly! 

@Augustus: Thanks dude! I've been working at my slow pace the past couple months but haven't been able to post pictures (or at least decent quality ones).

gallery_47732_9950_82794.jpg

First Claw, Night Lords 'Tenebrous Winter' 91st Company

gallery_47732_9950_536494.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_274710.jpg

Second Claw, Night Lords 'Tenebrous Winter' 91st Company

gallery_47732_9950_442029.jpg
gallery_47732_9950_65563.jpg
Some extra shots:
gallery_47732_9950_234334.jpg
gallery_47732_9950_389790.jpg
gallery_47732_9950_158268.jpg
gallery_47732_9950_549507.jpg
The group is actually getting a little too big for my smaller light to capture the entire space, if you can believe that, so here's some slightly better photos that show the true colors (I'll need to get a better light set up soon!):
gallery_47732_9950_235528.jpg
gallery_47732_9950_400940.jpg
So, that's the first 2 squads, their transports, and the first outrider squad. In my 1k list I still have the Sicaran (in progress) as well as 3 terminators and the lord, who are also good to go since I got BaC for Christmas! This is easily the furthest I've come in an army project and the most work I have put in as well, both in hours and care into each specific model, doing my best to make each one a unique character. Thanks for sticking with the log for the past couple years; posting stuff on the B&C adds a whole new layer to the hobby that makes it so much more enjoyable, hearing everyones feedback on your own work and being inspired by everyone elses. Rest assured there is PLENTY more to come! :smile.: Thanks for looking, guys!

@DeathSpecter: Thanks man!

@Soric: Oh, I'm looking forward to it just as much! This Sicaran is taking a toll on me though, 3 tanks in a row is a lot for me!

@Magnus: Thanks buddy! You bet they are, and I actually have something special in mind for the Lord, but I'll just tease ya for now :wink:

Sicaran progress is plinkin' away, having just finished basecoating the blue and some of the silver, which is a task for those of us not fortunate enough to own airbrushes :tongue.: In the meantime, I was putzin' around on my new laptop and I discovered some cool new photo-editing software and threw a quick photo together:

DRAMATIC EARLY 2000'S BOYBAND ALBUM COVER PHOTO:

gallery_47732_9950_146764.jpg

More to come guys! :wink:

I have ran out of likes, Alan, so you will just have to settle for me chanting your Nightlords are awesome a couple of times* -

"Your Nightlords are awesome!

Your Nightlords are awesome!"

They really are, and the group shots highlight the fact. Great army, looking forward to the Sicaran :)

*perhaps to the Lego theme?

@KS: Thanks a ton dude! It means a lot! Love your World Eaters, even if they might not be as depraved as my VIII legion ;)

@Midnight Runner: Thanks man! I think the Lego theme works :P

I have a small non-sicaran project in the works here and it's related to a small update to First Claw. More to come very soon!

Update time! So very little progress on the Sicaran so far, but I did update a model that I felt really needed it: First Claw's Leader. He seemed to be sort of lacking any identity, especially compared to Second Claw's leader, so say hello to his replacement:

gallery_47732_9950_158865.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_613883.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_440977.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_217520.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_664019.jpg

FIRST CLAW HAS COME FOR YOU

gallery_47732_9950_14147.jpg

Some of you may notice I cannibalized the Combi-plas from the original model, but I think this guy adds a lot more flavor to the unit (and was definitely worth the price people are charging for him on ebay :tongue.: ).

So, with that small detour, the Sicaran is up next! I sort of just needed to get some power armor painting out of my system :wink:

All C & C welcome and plenty more to come!

Edited by AlanofAngels

@GrandMagnus: Thanks dude! He definitely fits right in :smile.:

@Augustus: Thanks buddy! I just felt the first guy was lacking in some uniqueness, at least compared to Second Claw's leader. Plus, I had the itch to paint some Power Armour!

The Sicaran is coming right along so more to come!

Thanks, Dosjetka! The Sicaran is going to take a while for sure, but it's funny you ask because I actually made a change to the 1,000 pt list. I dropped the Terminators and added a Hell Talon (I think, the fighter one, not the bomber). I've been playing a ton of Star Wars Battlefront lately so a flyer sounded kind of cool and I've had my eye on that model for ages, so after the Sicaran comes the Hell Talon and then my HQ! 

More to come!

@Augustus: Hell ya they are dude! I'm excited to get to work on it!

@Hydra: Thanks man!

On a note related to the Hell Talon; From what I understand it comes with the flying stem and a square resin bit to mount it on the bottom of the Hell Talon, but since the bottom of the Talon is triangular, there is no flush way to attach the surfaces. Does anyone have any solutions for this? This video illustrates what I am talking about towards the end, around the 11 minute mark. Also, does anyone have solutions for creating the clear canopy pieces, because from what I can tell the kit only includes the cockpit frame but not the actual clear canopy portions. I haven't had to tackle these issues before, so any ideas as to how to model those would be appreciated!

Edited by AlanofAngels

On a note related to the Hell Talon; From what I understand it comes with the flying stem and a square resin bit to mount it on the bottom of the Hell Talon, but since the bottom of the Talon is triangular, there is no flush way to attach the surfaces. Does anyone have any solutions for this? 

video illustrates what I am talking about towards the end, around the 11 minute mark. Also, does anyone have solutions for creating the clear canopy pieces, because from what I can tell the kit only includes the cockpit frame but not the actual clear canopy portions. I haven't had to tackle these issues before, so any ideas as to how to model those would be appreciated!
Yeah I can help you out. What I did with my hell talon is just leave out the plastic clear stand altogether and just use a 2.5mm rod, for which i simply drilled a hole in the bottom of the hel talon at a slight angle, so the extra gravitational force on its front wings keeps it in one position. Check out the WIP pic of it here:

Now for the canopy I suggest you just buy some clear sheet of plastic (the stuff you use for a projector or spot light works fine) and cut that to size. Glue it in with PVA - not sith plastic or super glue, because that stains the clear plastic. You can buy the spotlight sheets clear or coloured. Or you can colour the clear sheets with Tamiya clear paints.

I hope this helps.

@Comandante Alexos: Thanks a TON, dude! It means a lot to hear words like that, much appreciated! 

@Augustus: Thanks for that awesome reply, buddy! It's funny I was looking at yours before you posted that, and it seems like most people tend to do the same thing with the 2.5mm rod. There's a good chance I end up doing it too, but I am still hoping to find a way to make the clear stem work. One of the ways that occurred to me was drilling a peg into the top of the stem and then using the peg to attach it to the flier. I can't remember the width of the stem, so it may not have the width to drill for a peg but I'm likely to give it a try anyways. The canopy idea is great I'm definitely going to go that route! Thanks a bunch dude! 

I totally undrestand you want the clear stand. Your idea of a peg on top of the stem sounds a bit wobbly, tbh. Perhaps you could dremel out the cross shaped form of the stem (why didn't I think of this idea before)? Where it's supposed to go is pretty solid block of resin, and even if you slightly damage the cockpit's interior, no-one would be the wiser after putting the servitor gunner in and putting a coloured canopy over that. :tu:

Hey all!

@Augustus: That's actually what I meant! It's hard to illustrate with words, but I think we are talking about the same thing. When it gets here, I'm pretty curious to see how it will work!

After a solid few hours of painting I've gotten the main chassis of the Sicaran to the shaded stage:

gallery_47732_9950_775283.jpg

Really loving it so far, but it's definitely taking a while! There's a ton of detail, and it's tough finding areas to tie in some gold since I'm trying to make a loyalist vehicle look more chaos-y and there isn't a ton of trim or the like. There's just so many components to the kit; it's easily the biggest I've done in some time!

Anywho, highlights on this piece are next, so plenty more to come! :smile.: