Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Dosjetka: Thanks man! They are indeed done, the light glares off of them pretty bad; in reality they are shaded much better and are more gunmetal in color.

@Augustus: Thanks bro! Ya know, I've been thinking about that as well and I'm leaning toward keeping it clean. I've always preferred the cleaner look for my dudes, lacking battle damage and, even with my VIII'th, lacking trophies :tongue.: There will no doubt be some lightning incoming, though! Also, I'll forgive that last dig since no one wants to be in the XIII'th :wink: :tongue.:

Sponsons are completely done!

gallery_47732_9950_663742.jpg

I'm leaving them off for the time being as I am in the process of applying the transfers on the sides and the sponsons make it more difficult.

I have since started work on the turret guns as well. More to come! :smile.:

I think you're just saying that because you actually secretly do want to be in the XIIIth. ;)

Honestly though, you're much better off sticking to clean models without the usual Night Lord... distractions.

I think you're just saying that because you actually secretly do want to be in the XIIIth. :wink:

Honestly though, you're much better off sticking to clean models without the usual Night Lord... distractions.

Just for that last bit, we're reserving a special corner for you in the skinning pits. :p

I think you're just saying that because you actually secretly do want to be in the XIIIth. :wink:

Just for that last bit, we're reserving a special corner for you in the skinning pits. :tongue.:

I think we may have a score to settle here, oh traitorous brother of mine... :devil:

@Hydra: Thanks dude! I hope she lives up to the expectations!

With that being said...

The VIII Legion Sicaran is finished!

I present, the XCI Company's World Burner :

gallery_47732_9950_799252.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_688828.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_94499.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_45417.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_630327.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_365004.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_767853.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_348441.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_746919.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_212678.jpg

So, the Sicaran is all done and man did that take forever! This is the biggest model that I've painted to date, and I think at my incredibly slow rate of painting anything bigger would be in-achievable in my lifetime :tongue.: That said, I'm really happy with how it came out and honestly all the assembly difficulties with this model are well worth it. The detail in the sculpt are absolutely insane and really offer as much painting freedom as one could want on a Marine tank.

Now that that's been taken care of, it's Hell Blade time! I'm hoping to get all of its pieces scrubbed today so tons more to come! Thanks for looking and all C & C welcome! :smile.:

Your Sicarian is a beast and is really well done. The clean paintjob lends itself well. The one niggling thing I would say is that for a tank named "World Burner" I would have expected it to have flamers and meltas mounted on it. That said, to my knowledge I don't think they had Redeemers back in the Horus Heresy days. Regardless I'm still jelly and keep up the great work.

Cool tank, crips paint job as always. That's no VIII legion tank, though: it's bad enough that you skimped on the trophies, but the lack of lightning is unforgivable. 

XIII Legion wannabe. :tongue.:

:wink:

Edit: OK, maybe that one transfer makes it 'not-a-XIII- Legion-tank'. But it doesn't make up for the lack of lightning. ;)

@Magnus: Thanks bro!

@Shvagyer: Thanks man, yeah I could definitely see how the letters run together!

@Soric: Thanks! Yeah I just saw the name transfer on the Minotaur sheet I had lying around and thought it sounded bad:censored: so I went with it. I think it's fitting enough!
@Recon: Thanks man, it needed a little bit more chaos I thought :tongue.:
@Skimaskmohawk: Thanks dude! I'm hoping the lightning will break it up a bit more!
@Kizz: Thanks bro!
@Augustus: Hey now, two transfers! :tongue.: Lightning is more than likely gonna be added; I'm gonna try and go back to apply names to the previous 2 rhinos, and I think I'll probably do all of their lightning at once :wink:

In other news, the Hell Blade is getting all prepped and assembled:

HEY THERE, UGLY:

gallery_47732_9950_820853.jpg

That's a bit better:

gallery_47732_9950_576336.jpg

So I'm working on making the flying stand provided work. More to come once we see if my solution works! Thanks for lookin'!

Looks cool buddy! It's cool they added the flying stem thingy! I bought mine from eay before, when flyers werent so common. :) The whole thing comes together pretty smooth no? One piece of advice: add the wing tip stabalizers with glue before you undercoat, itll make your life easier, trust me.

Good to hear you'll be adding lightning to the tanks! (I see my campaign of terror worked ;) )

Thanks dude! I've actually just added the stabilizers, which were surprisingly difficult! The whole model is kind of a pain in the :censored:  to be honest, lol! Even the stuff that seems like it would be easy to fit together has some sort of weird issue. It's just so badass looking, so hopefully she's worth it!

In good news, my base peg-attachments seems to have worked so I'll be working on the base, getting the window panes cut out,  and then undercoating the model. More to come! 

Even the stuff that seems like it would be easy to fit together has some sort of weird issue. 

I know right? The cockpit canopy doesn't fit. At all. I had to extent the cockpit covers by 2-3mm with plasticard to make the canopy fit. But she is definitely worth it. I´ll put money on it being the best ant-flyer flyer in the game. 6 TL S7 shots with a reroll to pen and that preferred enemy thing, plus its supreme maneuverability for only 115 points. Just remember it doesn´t hover.

Some WIP shots where´s she´s at right now? 

Gorgeous paintjob dude... Your works are the inspiration to me. Actually I'm starting my own night lords army and I'm trying to copy your style.:wink: Btw, how do you manage to make the stickers on that Sicaran look so neat and nice? Basically I'm giving up using the stickers now because they always wrinkle. It will really help if you can share your experience.:cry:

@Augustus: Thanks buddy. Yeah the cockpit actually seems to fit fairly well; the stupid canopy cutouts have been the most hassle so far! I'll be sure to get some pictures up soon once I'm back home! 

@lanceqi: Damn, thanks dude! That's awesome to hear! In regards to the decals, I used to shy away from them because of their inability to lay flat and the gloss sheen they always left behind. However, try investing in the Micro Sol/Set combo (linky). Micro Set makes the decals adhere stronger, and after they have tried, Micro Sol dissolves them down to the point they look painted on. This is especially useful for abnormal surfaces like pesky marine shoulder pads. After that, just giving it a nice finish of matte (or gloss if you prefer) sealant makes the decal and filming blend right in to the paint! Honestly it's one of the most useful and easy to use tricks in the old hobby arsenal. 

Just got the ol' Hellblade primed and started on the blue so more to come! 

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated anything, huh? I kind of lost my desire to paint because I'm so burnt out on vehicles so I decided to mix it up a bit. On that note, the HellBlade is on hold and I've decided to go for 2 Hades Autocannon Rapiers in my 1,000 point list. I ordered them from Forgeworld a few days ago and in the meantime have been working on the artillery captains since the ones that come in the kit don't really do it for me:

gallery_47732_9950_95333.jpg

And close ups on number 1:

gallery_47732_9950_348257.jpg

And number 2:

gallery_47732_9950_324797.jpg

I'm super excited to get back to some infantry and even more excited because I get to use some B@C bits on these guys, including those awesome crests.

More to come! :smile.:

Archived