Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Recon: Thanks dude! I'm going to begin mixing in some of the gold plated ones, to give it some diversity with the bone.

@Schaney: Thank ya sir!

@Magnus: Right now the plan is to stick to the list so it'll be combi-plas. That said, I have him all modelled up and he should be pretty dynamic :wink: 
@Grizzly: Thanks dude!
@DeathSpecter: Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the offer!

Just getting the last bolter guy and leader all set for priming so more coming soon! :smile.:

Heyhey! Got the last bolter guy and Headsman assembled (and since primed)

gallery_47732_9950_91001.jpg

Not sure if you can tell the end plan for the headsman from the array of bits in this picture, but I'm interested to see how he turns out. More to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little too quiet around here! So here is the last regular dude of 2nd Claw!:

gallery_47732_9950_422362.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_478251.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_647618.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_635529.jpg

Now all that remains is the leader, who has already been assembled and primed (and has been assembled for like 2 months haha).

On a different note, something arrived in the mail today some of you may be excited about:

gallery_47732_9950_191022.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_94723.jpg

So there are 6 Outriders there in total, 3 of which (for starters) will be going towards ETL :smile.:

This kit is kind of nuts, with 3x these bits in the set (plus of course the full scout bike sprue that forms the chassis, but also contributes some cool little fiddly/detail/gear bits):

gallery_47732_9950_797886.jpg

So, with that, I'm going to formally announce my incredibly meager ETL contribution

I, Alan, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 3 Chaos Astartes Bikers, including a Champion with meltabombs, from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 75 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the XCI Company of the VIII Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Plenty more to come on the ETL front, but first, I have to get my Headsman done :wink: MORE TO COME!

@Schaney: Thanks a lot! I actually am kinda happy with myself in that this is farthest I've made it in a painting project in quite some time :smile.:

@Augustus: Haha thanks man! I'll attempt to contribute my beefy 75 points :wink:

@Forte: Thanks a lot dude! Hopefully I don't :censored: the bed too hard!

@Magnus: Yes sir! Coming soon!

Well, I finished up the Second Claw Leader:

gallery_47732_9950_750514.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_142459.jpg

So, with that, I have a complete second claw! That ALSO means I am done with infantry! HOORAY! No one is more excited about this than me :tongue.: I am at my folks house for the week so I can throw some group shots up once I'm back home if there's any interest; I always love me a good family photo :wink: With the ETL underway now, that means it's biker time. More to come on the modelling aspect of that soon! More to come! And as always, thanks for looking and C&C always welcome!

I agree with Loddfafnir - the stock model is an average one at best - somehow this feels more like a character than just a lump of moulded plastic and resin. :tu:

Is that one of the Iron Warriors upgrade heads? I didn't like that head but it actually looks pretty good painted up. Nice model. As the others have said, and okay model becomes awesome in your hands.

Agreed, the Claw Leader is an excellent model!  The pose is a perfect choice, and the paint scheme is clean but burnished-looking.  You can see the malice in this guy!  :furious:

Just awesome dude, you are good at taking bits from other legions and making them suit the NLs theme. But then again, they have probably looted the armour from other marines :P But its amazing how good this mini actually can look with just a bit of kitbashing and a decent paintjob. I would love to get one myself and convert, but I have a distaste for finecast.

Quick question regarding the mini, is the combi-plasma arm attached to the torso?

Wow, thanks guys!

@Loddfafnir: Thanks a lot man! It definitely needed some work to give him the VIII feel, but I wanted something different to another plastic combi-plasma toting marine.

@Olis: Thanks a ton dude! I'm hoping to, at some point, actually start working on the background of my 91st Co. :smile.:
@Fire Golem: Yes sir! It is indeed one of the Iron Warrior FW heads; I was pretty stoked to use it on this guy, so I'm glad it worked well!
@Kizzdougs: That's great to hear man! He was a royal pain to cobble together, but I think he was worth it. Outriders coming up!

@Vel'Cona: Hehe thanks dude! The gold is much more cold and has more depth in person, but the camera washes it out quite a bit.

@Magnus: Thanks a ton man! I think it also helps getting rid of the stock head the model comes with, as it actually looks like a baby head in my opinion :tongue.: In terms of the model, the combi plasma is attached to the arm, from the elbow down, which is seperate from the main bulk of the mini. So the shoulder/pad and upper arm are moulded on to the main part. I think you can see it at the top of this page in the before priming part (at which point I'd already shaved off the entire stock shoulder pad and replaced it with my own) :smile.:
@Recon: Thanks! I wanted that kind of brooding look, but a guy that has, ya know, been living in the Eye of Terror for 10 Millenia and fought during the crusade, so he's not without some nobility/pride (despite being a Night Lord :tongue.: ).

@Peredyne: Hell yeah it does man! Thanks!

So I initially meant to take a before any paint shot of this guy, but I got a little excited and started painting the rider's torso so here's a sort of before shot:

gallery_47732_9950_734430.jpg

With any luck I can not only finish this vow, but also add the remaining 2 biker models to my vow if I have the time! :smile.: Pretty excited to see how he pans out, so MUCH more to come!

That claw leader looks very cool. Just an awesoe little character right there.

I'm also very much looking forward to your bikers! And you have plans of doing consecutive vows! Perfect but bear something in mind:

Wow, thanks guys!

With any luck I can not only finish this vow, but also add the remaining 2 biker models to my vow if I have the time! :) Pretty excited to see how he pans out, so MUCH more to come!

It seems that either you want to alter your vow to get two more bikers in, or to add two bikers to the squad in your second vow. Both are unfortunately illegal in the ETL.. :( alterations are a nono anyway, and you have to vow legal units. Two bikers aren't a legal unit. So just add three! ;)

In that case you've single handedly sold me on those IW heads. They should really show painted photos of everything on the FW site. Some stuff looks rubbish til it's painted. Iron Warriors definitely getting harder to resist.

Awesome work man. All of it.

Archived