Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

Hey guys! I finished up the seventh guy finally! :biggrin.:

gallery_47732_9950_173751.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_808349.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_695680.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_399966.jpg

So I actually really dig that helmet now; my opinion has only improved since seeing it online before I ordered it :smile.:

As I mentioned, I ordered a mk II set from FW the other day so I am waiting for it to arrive to finish off first squad because I want to get some mk II bits in there! In the meantime, I think I may start work on second claw! If anyone is interested, I could take a group photo of first claw as it stands until those bits arrive. Just let me know! More to come! :smile.: C&C always welcome!

@Anaziel: Thanks a bunch, man!

@Flint: Thanks! The bases may yet have some snow added to them, if I ever get around to it!

So about how I was saying I was gonna move on to second claw while waiting for my FW stuff... I said :censored: it and decided to start the plasma guy, mk III style:

gallery_47732_9950_229386.jpg

I went for the mk III because I thought it made sense for a plasma-wielding dude to want the added protection :tongue.: The plan is to still wait for my mk II bits to do the sergeant and a last bolter dude to finish up the claw. More to come soon! :smile.:

group shots please!

don't take it the wring way, but may i also be so bold as to ask for more dynamic posing? with marines painted so well, i'm sure you can bring it up a notch with some awesome little conversions! :biggrin.:

wouldn't say it if i didn't think you could do it!

@Caprera: Hahahaha, thanks dude! 

@Argent Aquila: I'll get them photos together soon! I hear ya on the poses. In my defense, all these bolter dudes are naturally pretty mundane :tongue.: I'm going to be getting some more running poses in here though; I already got the legs sorted :smile.:

So here's that group shot :smile.: :

First Claw, Night Lords XCI "Tenebrous Winter" Company

gallery_47732_9950_107697.jpg

Still working on the plasma guy and of course am waiting for my mk II bits to start the sergeant and last bolter guy. Thanks for looking guys, all C&C welcome!

Oh yeah, that's the stuff!

All ya need now are more...................... Raptors. ;)

Seriously, i really wanna see you do some assault marines or raptors, that killer paint job on all the details, man that'd be sweet

Looking forward to 2nd claw!

@Heinrich: thanks man!

@Argent Aquila: I do plan on doing some of them soon with my favorite GW kit, those raptors!

@Anaziel: right now the plan is to use regular space marines because I want to use drop pids :P

@Flint: I love winter themes and it seems to match the VIII legion perfectly hahahaha! :)

Damn they're looking fine, you know I love MKIII apart from the helm lol

Every NL needs a plasma gun eh? Lol

Sorry for that double post within a post

Edited by Dorns_fist

It's amazing how you've managed to make the standard tactical marine kit look so absolutely evil, with so few chaos bits used. I'm surprised at how well edge-highlighting works on those clad in midnight... Says something about your painting skills. Looking forward to seeing more of the "Tenebrous Winter".

@Entei: thanks so much! I really love the newer tactical squad kit, especially the legs which is why I opted to use 'em!

@The Chaplain: for sure dude, no withholding here! :) it's as easy as runelord brass with a heavy agrax wash, finished with a n ironbelcher highlight! I've found it gives a great brass tone.

@Brother Captain Arkhan: thanks a lot, man! I love the mk V legs as well! I'm hoping I can salvage the pair I ruined whilst priming; simple green, here I come!

@Captain Asmodai: thanks! With all the navy blue I paint, hopefully it's good enough by now! :P

@Anver Cassiel: thanks dude! The bases are really easy. Its just cork, painted a very dark grey and then given 2 drybrushes! The last, bright (almost white) drybrush realy helps bring out the edges in my opinion :)

More to come very soon, guys!

Made some progress on the plasma gunner:

gallery_47732_9950_801457.jpg

Lookin' pretty ugly right now, but I'll get him all shaded and highlighted soon! In the meantime I am eagerly anticipating Forgeworld's new Chaos book; I may be able to actually play my Night Lords from that book, since drop pods would then exist and I wouldn't have to commit heresy by playing though the loyalist 'dex :tongue.: More to come! :smile.:

Hey hey! Finally finished this guy up! Plasma gun, ahoy!:

gallery_47732_9950_631542.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_444260.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_304082.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_649715.jpg

I have to admit, I dig the mk III quite a bit. I will say that the armor is considerably bigger than other armor marks, so mixing and matching is a bit harder, as I found out when I wanted to give a model with regular marine legs a mk III torso; it looks way out of proportion.

In the meantime, part of my FW order also arrived!

gallery_47732_9950_335105.jpg

Got some new pads and heads for my VIII, as well as a surprise pin related to the new Imperial Armor book :smile.: Unfortunately, I am still waiting on the mk II squad :tongue.: More to come once I get everything together. I might start 2nd claw in the meantime :smile.: All C&C welcome!