=][= Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 =][=

I've got a twisted wrist, so there's no way I'm going to get the last mini in my Vow completed, despite trying different ways of holding the brush :(

I'll spend the rest of the day trying to think of something suitable to submit to the Librarium.

Alas Brothers and Sisters, I will be breaking my vow :(

I was all set to get it done today after several failed attempts to organise something but after travel time and my painting tutor's disastrous home situation catching up with him as we were about to put paint to model, all I have is 5 models glued, no paint :(

Paint tutor is moving house all this week so, hopefully, there will be some models up soon but not soon enough.

*sigh*

-J-

finally completed my vow. I had to bust my ass to get them done before i went on vacation for a month at the beginning of march, but they are done. didnt have any internet to post anything until now. ill try to get some pics up tonight when i get home from work.

Great stuff guys - the total completion rate of the event is now at its usual levels (ca. 43%). But we do have some hours to go - let's see the last minuters coming in!

FRONT PAGE TABLE UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Last minute completion (if you will allow them not being based). This is no where the standard of other peoples' work, but I've never been known for my painting and have spent the last year painting hordes of hourglasses.

This is where I started from - old models that have been repainted a number of times, including one marine that is legless (I must have tried some re-positioning at some point in the past.)

sml_gallery_14945_2214_4479.jpg

A little later on, although five will make it to completion (the others will remain weaponless until after the holidays).

sml_gallery_14945_2214_335978.jpg

And the final group shot (without red bases).

sml_gallery_14945_2214_681487.jpg

Sorry for the poor images, I cannot find the camera. Actually, I just apologise for everything here - move onto the next post, it is more interesting, but dammit vow complete!

I Brother Moridius have finished my LPC vow

gallery_57102_7676_30780.jpg

gallery_57102_7676_2624.jpg

Glory to the first legion!

On a lighter note, great job to everybody that participated and even more congratulations to those who managed to finish. I know my tiny vow was a struggle for me.

Moridius

I have to post pictures of one model to finish my vow and will not be able to upload the pictures until tomorrow evening. Will this be ok or will I have to wear the mark of shame? The model is currently drying and is complete, I just can't post pictures until after work tomorrow.

gallery_19254_8299_74013.jpg

In before the shame-time... (though as usual not as nice as I would have liked!) Link to WIP thread in my sig

I'll probably have to look at doing a librariam article to make up for my poor showing anyway (self-imposed pennance).

Best of luck to anyone still furiously painitng!

Vow complete.

The photo of the Heldrake is rushed because I'm late to go meet a friend. I'll post better pictures in my WIP when I get back, but this will do for now. Remember, these are all counts-as because the Iron Hounds don't do the Chaos Gods or daemonic thing.

Heldrake:

gallery_53134_7133_115791.jpg

Icons of Excess:

gallery_53134_7133_92286.jpg

Icons of Vengeance:

gallery_53134_7133_24651.jpg

Painting pilots is a pain in the rear. I totally understand why people just paint over the canopy, but I think the effort is worth it.

my vows have just been finished since about 11.30pm but only able to post in the relevant subforums after midnight. i had 2 vows - one for chaos ascendant and one for the IG sunforum. my brother is now gone so i can't post links here (using my ps3) but if you go in those 2 subforums you'll see my LPC vow threads. i hope these count but if not, c'est la vie and all that. if not, i guess i'll have to start writing up some articles when i'm in a better pc position. 

Archived