=][= Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 =][=

Friend: Diablo 3!

Me: Awesome!

Brain: Tyranid Army!

Me: Great Idea!

BNC: LPC Vow!

Me: LPCwha-?

With the obligatory excuses out of the way, I'm pretty sure I made it...right? Oh well, wither way here goes...

WIPS...

gallery_46975_8329_39852.jpg

gallery_46975_8329_60885.jpg

gallery_46975_8329_66750.jpg

And the finished pics...

gallery_46975_8329_29685.jpg

gallery_46975_8329_19252.jpg

gallery_46975_8329_33134.jpg

gallery_46975_8329_66266.jpg

Sorry the pics are so huge...still working that part out. Anyway, nothing like finishing up at the last minute. Grats to everybody who finished!

With 28 minutes to spare, I am done my LPC vow!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Danny_Cyanide/minis/image_zps6525dfd8.jpg

More pictures to follow tomorrow! Glad I didn't let the Guard forum down!

Waaah! I'm doing this from my phone, so bear with me. My wip and final shot are in my gallery. I'll try and do a proper update when I have better internet access.

Thanks!

++++++Edited for pics++++++

20130312 225044 LLS

Brother Caelestus in his formative years (or gone to pieces - whichever is punnier)

2 squads finished

Two more squads for the Lions of the Dawn!

Hi guys i unfortunately suffered a motorbike accident last weekend so i was unable to finish my vow however i did manage to get the final piece half finished before the accident. Anyway i'll think about what i shall do for my article.

Well, I'm late in the office (it's 22:40 local time) so I won't be closing the event today... And so it is open until it's closed! :D I plan to give it some 12 hours more - so make the best use of it! :)

I

Well, I'm late in the office (it's 22:40 local time) so I won't be closing the event today... And so it is open until it's closed! biggrin.png I plan to give it some 12 hours more - so make the best use of it! smile.png I

I am not gonna even ask what you are doing in a bank at this time...sigh...

Just browsed the first post. Well done Grey Knights. A 100% completion rate!

By just skimming the red completions I believe (hope) we a high completion rate all over. :)

That would be so cool!

Well done everybody. :)

AND IT'S OVER!!!

Well done everybody - we've seen some fantastic effort this year! 

Now let's have a quick overview: The LPC-13 was unlucky enough this year to have its sign-up period in January, a month that took the main burden of the B&C software upgrade and having large periods of time off-line. When it was on-line it was plagued with slowness and frequent crushes that put people off and many waited for the teething peoblems to sort out before they returned in earnest.

As a result this year participation was muted and total participants stood at 219 (total vows 223), slightly more than the 2010 levels of 211 and certainly below last year's overwheming 325(!). But here's where the bad news end and the good news start. This year, the completion rate (i.e. completed vows over submitted vows) was a record in its own right exceeding 50% - the highest in the LPC history. The 115 completions mean that LPC-13 scored higher on this front compared to 2010 (84) AND 2011 (108) and only some 20% less than the record year of 2012.

So fewer maybe, but way more committed - so I beleive congratulations are in order!

And before I forget here's the forum tally:

Black Templars: 9

Blood Angels: 19

Dark Angels: 45

Index Astartes 10

Liber Astartes: 6

Space Wolves: 3

Ultramarines: 3

Chaos Ascendant: 6

Legio Morbidus: 2

Throne of Skulls: 1

Legion of Excess: 0

Horus Heresy: 1

Imperial Guard: 6

Grey Knights: 3

Sisters of Battle: 2

SO THE LPC-13 CHAMPIONS, FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW ARE: THE DARK ANGELS!!!

Congratulations and a special champion badge will be coming your way soon!

The LPC thread will remain active for a week or so to post any comments or objections on the final list.

Thanks much for hosting this, Cap!

Sadly, a host of things kept me from finishing my own vow. Stick the loser's badge up, and I'll wear it for the Shame Period. :(

This was my first vow doodad, and I failed... However, I have learned just how long it actually takes me to get off my censored.gif to do anything.... Which has actually made me paint a little faster. Very pleased with the completed vows on here, some awesome work. Whatever the next comp is that I can enter, I will definitely be entering, and completing whatever I vowed. My procrastinating ways are behind me! :D

Archived