The Tempestas Crusade [ETL IV: VINDICATOR! VOW COMPLETE!]

Urkh

@all: Ty. I spent a very long time and got made fun of by my peers for how long I took painting this thing, lol. ZEAL!

@ Brother Christopher: It's twofold, really. I painted the cockpits of my landspeeders and hated it, and vowed to never paint a cockpit again if I could avoid it. Also, I just wanted to get the thing glued together and start painting, so no time for a cockpit paint job. I think the fading blue turned out very nice myself.

@ Greggles: TY! It is actually the theme for all the vehicles in my crusade. There are pictures of my Drop Pods, my Vindicator, and my Landspeeders in previous posts, and although they tanks don't have the red and white as predominately as the other vehicels, there is a pattern/ruleset I use to determine what color to paint what part of the vehicle.

Sorry it took so long for replies, my work was doing a fundraiser to help victims of giant mudslide, and as a manager there, I was forced into a VERY long shift.

Nice work.

Your StormRaven will help me to finish mine. (I've started with the same part painted in white, but I thought it was too IronHandy, but you gave me idea for mine)

Your army is intimidating when you place them all together xD (Add more LRC to be feared more)

• 1 month later...

I think I know where you're going with your test model and I'm pretty jazzed to see how this turns out. Grimaldus is just wonderful. Well done.

Onwards Brother, there is plenty of ZEAL left to unleash!

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess the last server info lost got rid of my pic of Grimaldus and his completed squad, so I guess I should share that one again...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/Grimmyservitors.jpg

It is also taking me WAAAAAAYYYYY too long to finish this vow, but alas, progress has been made! Here is Storm Talon #1!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/StormTalon.jpg

No Templar livery on it yet, as I still have to make the stensils for it, but I am calling it complete for now. Just one more storm talon to go until my first vow is completed!

Grimaldus and crew look awesome! Very well done as is your Storm Talon.

The reason things take longer is because you are putting a lot of effort into them. Don't change what you are doing, you'll be playing with these guys long after the ETL.

ONWARDS!

Ty brothers. The real reason it is taking so long, is because I work 40 hours a week on a variable schedule, so a lot of the time I just want to come home and go to sleep! But alas! I have today off, and will put all of my ZEAL into getting as far on this second stormtalon as I can.

K guys, just made my second ETL III vow! Ironclad dreadnought w/ x2 heavy flamers, a 10 man crusader squad with various weapons, and a "Knights of the Cursed Flame" squad that will count as legion of the damned. I've already started a story for the Knights of the Cursed Flame, and you should all know they ARE Templars, and after what happens to them, they hate themselves and will do anything to atone for the heresy that they now (unwillingly) embody.

Before PICS!

Ironclad Dread:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/WP_20140623_003.jpg

Crusader Squad:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/WP_20140623_004.jpg

Knights of the Cursed Flame:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/WP_20140623_005.jpg

The crusader with the white shoulders in the crusader squad is literally as far painted as he looks. just some white on his shoulders and a basecoat. Still near maximum work needed on him.

2 flamers = burning witches twice as fast. I particularly like it when they run into cover, thinking they are safe. Excellent choice!

ONWARDS BROTHER!

The Ironclad Dreadnought has been completed. I put this one in a spoiler box because I painted him unlike any other model I've ever painted, and I didn't want to "ruin" the surprise factor. He still needs some "Black Templar-ifying", but for now  he is done. So without further ado, here we go!

So, I started with the legs on this particular model, and I was in anguish over how I wanted to do the shin guards. I knew I was painting his front armor panels red and white, So I figured that I would make them match pattern and quartered them. After I got done with the legs and had painted the armor plates on the chest, I thought to myself, "Hm... This looks really... ORKY!!!" I figured this paint job had to be some sort of heresy. But then I figured... What if this guy likes killing orks? LET'S MAKE A STORY!!!

Kastellan "Morkdread" Korlak was a Kunnin' and Brutal Kommander (Or was it brutal and Kunnin'?) He fought in life for da Emprah wit' much zeal. He killed many orks for a spess mahreen. One particular Ork, Warboss Morlag, was da toughest opponent he had fought, and ended up mortally wounding Korlak before falling to his own wounds. Korlak was interred into a dreadnough, and took the name "Morkdread". Korlak knew orks not so smart, so he Kolored his armor like an Ork to konfuse his enemies, and make them think he was a Deffdread so he could get close enough to BURN DEM ALL! Surprisingly, it worked!

Eventually, he got cot up in the roll of an Ork and even started talking like one! Some think he has gone Krazy after so many years in the dreadnought suit, and believe that Korlak might actually tink he IS an ork one day and turn against the Spess Mahreens of the Black Templars. Da Templars hold to their faith in Korlak, however, as he has yet to prove da doubters correct.

I like this, I 'liked it' at the point I laughed out loud and the wife said "Again, you lot are mad."

Great paint job Brother, fear not, Venerable Brother Korlak is simply getting into his roll, I believe a few years on Armageddon would be an invaluable training exercise, ALL DEM ORKS TO KILL. laugh.png

I 'liked it' at the point I laughed out loud and the wife said "Again, you lot are mad."

War Dollies: What They Really Do To Your Mind - Front page, National Enquirer

That is a very nice Dreadnought. Beautiful neat painting and I really like the variation in metallic colours, makes the worky gubbins interesting without making them distracting. I think I'll be saving a copy of that rear view into my inspiration file!

Quick update of the tactical squad. the sword brother.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/PMSwordbro.jpg

Power Maul size level: ABSURDITY!!!

I stole the idea of using combat blades from another one of our forum members. Glued six of them to an oversized melta bomb, then pinned and clued it to a cut in halt antenna that's supposed to be on the back of a storm talon (if you look at my talons further up the page, you'll notice that the antennae are gone). Result: Huge Freaking Power Maul!

Power Maul size level: ABSURDITY!!!

I stole the idea of using combat blades from another one of our forum members. Glued six of them to an oversized melta bomb, then pinned and clued it to a cut in halt antenna that's supposed to be on the back of a storm talon (if you look at my talons further up the page, you'll notice that the antennae are gone). Result: Huge Freaking Power Maul!

This is just brilliant looking.

Your score: 23/10 :)

Archived