Chaplain kit-bash Comp

Grotsmasha

So while the B&C was absent, I posted the question to the members of the IBoH forum to a positive reception.

As the title says, would people feel about a Chaplain kit-bash competition? Rules would be along the lines of:

1- Not to be painted, conversion only.

2- Must have Crozius and Skull Helm, doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here. If a bare head is used, the helm must be attached to the model or base.

3- Maximum of 25% existing metal/Finecast:

---25% consists of the following combinations;

--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model

---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or seperate models

---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or seperate models

---Torso- 25%

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to full sculpts.

5- 1 calendar month build time.

6- Multiple entries per user.

7- Wolf Priests and Dark Apostles acceptable

8- 3 options for judgeing;

---1- I'll put up a prize, and be solo judge,

---2- Forum-wide voting.

---3- Contestant only voting.

I'll be participating for funsies. I'm thinking April for the challenge, that way the LPC will be done, and everyone has time to plan and get bitz.

Any suggestions? Something you'd all bee interested in?

Cheers,

Jono

3- Maximum of 25% existing metal/Finecast:

---25% consists of the following combinations;

--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model

---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or seperate models

---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or seperate models

---Torso- 25%

Regarding the highlighted, do you mean that it is acceptable to use a head from an existing chaplain model?

This sounds like a great idea, however rule three is a wee bit confusing. Is that a maximum 25% metal/finecast from each constituent model (eg: all of it can be finecast/metal, just that the arms, legs, torso etc. must be from differing donors) or 25% metal/finecast total (eg: the rest is FW resin/plastic/sulpted components)?

I see a bit of a hole in your rules Jono. Seraphicus is not metal or failcast so it wouldn't stop me from sawing him in half and bunging him on different legs which are potentially still not metal or failcast.

I mention this because it's super easy to get multiple copies of this model from ebay giving me plenty of oppourtunity to destroy a couple or three experimenting.

@ Jolemai: 3rd party pieces are acceptable.

@ CovertToaster: I have actually considered this loop-hole myself, and the final version of the rules will expand that rule to include and named special characters, wether they are metal, Finecast or plastic.

Cheers,

Jono

• 1 month later...

I didn't read every reply but as far as voting goes, my suggestion would be that it be contestant voting only, with each contestant given two votes if they choose to use one for themself, that should be legal, but both votes can't be cast for only one one entry (apologies if I didn't explain that well).

I'm planning to make a counts-as Thulsa Kane soon.

Unfortunately, he does not use a Crozius... Though I was planning on incorporating it into either his relic blade or his backpack.

Also, what's the word on Forge World parts?

Archived