WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

So will I :)

I have ideas for the hunting lances bouncing around in my head now but I will have to see how it all goes together with the Cadian torsos before I turn the ideas into fact...

I will be starting on the Hellhammer tomorrow evening and HOPE to get the desert cam on it in one evening but I will have to see how that pans out.

I will not be painting tonight - fighting a battle against the taint of Nurgle and man-flu :sick:

I will have to try to make up lost ground tomorrow if I still plan to be complete next week :(

So as I am about to go off on a short holiday, this is the current level of the Hellhammer.

Still to do - crew, tracks, decals and weathering....

gallery_62353_10396_34896.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_161906.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_29268.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_37619.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_90899.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_85819.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_94008.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_156594.jpg

Should be back at the painting table on the 26th May..

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my holidays but there will be a couple of days delay (Tuesday) before I start painting again but in the meantime these arrived

gallery_62353_10396_666.jpg

Not sure why I got 13 of them as I only ordered 10 but I am not complaining :)

These will be the base of my Rough Rider project and I will dig into my bits box for the rest of the build. I am planning on using the tank commander model for the torso by chopping him off at the waist. I have so many left over from all the vehicles that I need to find a use for them ;)

gallery_62353_10396_23.jpg

The delivery was fast but as you will see in the following photo they need a lot of cleaning up before I will be able to paint them.

gallery_62353_10396_44461.jpg

I will go for a fairly simple green/black scheme with plenty of paint damage and dust and the rider will be in Chocochip (what else ;)).

They will have to wait till I get round to finishing off my first vow so don't expect an update on them before then :(.

Here is a link to Ramshacklegames

I feel your pain with the clean up job required on those bikes. Ramshakle are great for value products but you have to put the hours in to get your money's worth.

I am sure that you will sort something out and soon have these up to scratch though :)

Good luck :) !

Whilst tidying up a particularly untidy gaming/storage room I thought I would try a joint photo of my 711th CCAB with my son's standard Cadian guardsmen and this is how it ended up.. I am sure he has another Baneblade somewhere...

gallery_62353_10396_286600.jpg

Maybe at some point his army could be donated to the 711th's reinforcement queue ;)

I have them but I just need to paint them ;)

Footsoldiers

Guardsmen x 40

Kasrkin x 10

Elysian (Mantic models) x 31

Priests x 15

Vostroyn x 20

Kislev Gryphon Legion (Rough riders) x 5

Dirt bike rough riders x 13

Bullgryn x 3

Ogryn x 6

Vehicles

Chimera x 2

LRBT x 3

Demolisher x 2

Vanaheim Medusa x 3

Wyvern/Hydra x 2

Baneblade x 1 - Nearly done

Will it never end!!!

Nice work on the 'Blade Elmo, and that's a great army shot of the regiment on parade! I've been looking at Ramshackle Games' bike models for my Chem Dogs, might have to look them up. :)