WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

Sorry... I have no plans to do it :(

I believe there is one on YouTube but mostly uses nuts and bolts for the arms rather than magnets. Can't find the link at the moment... On phone sneakily at work ;)

I have seen magnets used on a warhound but the reaver is just too big. There would be a good chance of the magnets being ripped out of the resin due to the strength you would need for the weight.

I will try to find the link for the bolt tutorial.

The reaver tutorial he will be using is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=8&list=LLo7UoYoVSvUlPi9dyUbRqrQ&v=C4GiDpjlBFQ

I will be happy if the accessories sprue comes with them, not for the crew but for the track guards :wink:

Edited by Elmo9141

The box of FW goodies has arrived. The titan needs to be checked over but I have had a look at the Medusa's and I am pleasantly surprised.

gallery_62353_10059_133955.jpg

They are all the sprues to build a Basilisk, plus the resin bits for the Medusa and a tank accessory sprue :)

They just don't have any of the kneeling crew that I seem to remember my son getting with his so I will re-purpose some of the HW team members I have in the to do pile. Also there are no decal sheets and no instructions on building the Basilisk but I am sure I will be able to work it out.

gallery_62353_10059_30903.jpg

Even more stuff to build :)

Curse, now I want that feeling of unboxing FW... :lol: The Bassie is straight forward to build, you won't have any problems if you bring up a picture of one to look at as you build it :) The kneeling crew were metal and would have left the box a long, long time ago! To be honest the models weren't that great if I remember right so it's not a huge loss.

I look forward to seeing these beauties done :D

Thanks. I am looking forward to building them.

I have had a look and rather than sticking a pipe into the Medusa to make it into a Basilisk, I think I will just magnetise the 2 cannons so I can swap them over. I will keep the Medusa gun shield as it looks much better.

So I talked it over with the missus, and she has decided to let you adopt me :laugh.:

It appears that I am losing this arms race, so I may need to step up my game :cool.:

That's awesome that you got the Medusa's, and even cooler that you and your son share a hobby. Let us know how the build(s) go. My experience with FW has been very limited, and the items I ordered were kinds "Meh", but I would like to give 'em another go!

Enjoy! (I know you will)

Edited by captain sox

So I talked it over with the missus, and she has decided to let you adopt me :laugh.:

Just sprayed a mouth full of beer over the keyboard :woot:

I actually have 2 sons, one is 23 and collects chaos/deamons and now Deldar. The one with the reaver is 17 and also has an AM force of about 7k points which I mostly painted for him :)

We have just gone through the Reaver bits and so far it is all ok, no major damage and no missing bits so that is a bonus. He is going to invest in some decent tools and sprays (he wants a dark blue/bronze-gold scheme which sounds good).

Sorry Sox... no more room for you :(

I must say Commisar Elmo, these are fantastic. I was inspired by your chocochip scheme to try something similar with an Astartes. Now I'm not the greatest painter, but I managed to get a decent looking scheme by using your guards as reference, and I'm quite pleased with it!

Keep bringing this amazing work so that I may stare in awe of these glorious models!

It is a great camouflage scheme isn't it? I did it as a tribute for the currently running Inquisition painting challenge and it was a lot of fun and turned out nicely as it's not difficult :smile.: If Elmo has inspired your scheme you should post up an example so we can see! Here's mine:

gallery_30308_3239_66019.jpg

Don't worry sox, as a Commissar you are all Elmo's children :wink: We keep you entertained, tidy up your messes and stop you squabbling - sounds like parenting to me :laugh.:

By all means show and tell your blatant copying of my Chocochip® cam. Expect a letter from my legal team soon!!

- only joking... I am glad to have inspired someone to try something out of the norm ;)

Don't worry sox, as a Commissar you are all Elmo's children :wink:

I can't help but feel this should have been worded slightly differently :ohmy.:

Just sprayed a mouth full of beer over the keyboard :woot:

Sorry Sox... no more room for you :sad.:

I like to make people laugh, so that's good!

Last chance for a 44 year old son...

My father and I use to share all sorts of hobbies. He enjoyed building wooden ship models, and he introduced me to the wonderful world of plastic models, rocketry and of course, aviation. 

Really looking forward to seeing your Medusas built... I may order a few :)

Don't worry sox, as a Commissar you are all Elmo's children :wink: We keep you entertained, tidy up your messes and stop you squabbling - sounds like parenting to me :laugh.:

I have no issues being called a child :teehee:  Ironically, have you ever noticed that the boxes that GW ships their models in specifically says "Not Children's Products"

Your choco-chip scheme above is aces!

Edited by captain sox

Well... The guard is all about hordes of troops and heavy armour :wink:

Well then, Then I guess I am no guardsman. :smile.:

Nor do I have hordes of soldiers, or heavy armour. 

I have gone totally opposite... few soldiers, and light vehicles... something is wrong here...

*btw, checking in and out of this tread all the time. Getting many useful tips and inspiration for my own guard. So thanks for sharing!

Edited by Vash

Thanks guys, no matter what GW write on the boxes I still feel like a young adult when "playing" with my models :P

Just had my first battle with my Chocochips against Deldar... Turn 4 wipe out :( Still... learning process plus I only use the models I have WYSIWYG so that limits my selection a little.

Not bothering with a batrep as it was such a poor showing.

@Vash: I suppose it is the fluff I have been reading. I always have a mental picture of the hordes of guardsmen and masses of tanks. of course your way of gaming is just as valid ;) Also glad to inspire as you have inspired me with your torso swaps - just need to find time to do something about it now...