WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

Thank you fellow guardsmen. There where times I did not think the Scion bits would fit properly and the paint helps to hide the greenstuff used ;)

The chocochip has now become one of my favourite schemes and is far easier than it looks once you get into the swing of painting it.

Really loving how that camo looks on the barrels of the Stubbers. You're really selling the idea of getting a Baneblade to me, man!

I wanted to use the same idea of a cloth barrel cover like on the veterans for the stubbers to help to blend the whole army together also to keep pointing out the uselessness of the Departmento Munitorum as they have not been able to provide the full issue of desert issue equipment for the poor 711th.

Get one, you know it makes sense ;)

Just could not turn down a deal on 2 boxes of Vostroyan Firstborn.

My mixed force is becoming even more mixed :smile.:

+++Sons of Cadia! Of Elysia! Of Vostroya!

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails,

when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day.

An hour of heretics and aliens when the age of Men comes crashing down!

But it is not this day! This day we fight!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand! Men of the Imperium!+++

Paraphrasing Aragorn, but it works well. ;)

Edited by Elmo9141

Morning Frater. Just came across your thread as I was googling, and after seeing the wonderful photos on the first page, I was wondering whether Elysian arms fit with Mantic figures? I've half a mind to do a small Guard ally force, and the Mantic stuff could be just what I need.

Keep up the good work with that Commissar too! Nice contrast on the cloth and armour.

I don't have any elysian arms to check the mantic figures with but as the figures are so slim and gw is normally heroic scale I don't think that they will fit together.

Here is the current state of play with the Baneblade "Imperator"

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2015/016/5/6/wip___baneblade_by_elmo9141-d8e470m.jpg

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2015/016/a/0/wip___baneblade_by_elmo9141-d8e474w.jpg

And as an added bonus I finished off my Chimera Autocannon conversion (magnetised on of course :wink: )

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2015/016/f/6/autocannon_chimera_by_elmo9141-d8e478f.jpg

Edited by elmo

Oh no you didn't...

Looking at this and the great results jus makes me want a Baneblade... I actually succeeded in dropping it from my list I was planning. But now it has reawaken in my soul. 

I don't know if I should hate you or love you for this... 

Anyhow... great work non the less. Actually fantastic progress. 

*edit 

I have decided... I slightly dislike you... ;)

Edited by Vash

Damn, out of Likes. Excellent work on the Baneblade, the temptation to buy one of those babies is returning...

[whisper] Haven't you got a Manta to save up for? [/whisper]

Joking aside, I really am in awe of the speed of this.

If only :rolleyes:

Speed... speeeeed?? I have spent the last 2 evenings painting :censored:  rivets!!

Although... it does seem to be moving along quite well.

I am hoping to be up to the weathering stage by the weekend so complete by middle of next week, fingers crossed ;)

Jolemia, my dream would be to get a Manta but I just can't justify to the wife why I should pay 1000 pounds for a display piece as it is too big to deploy on a normal table.

But it would be great to be able to see people's faces when I deployed it ;)