WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

I've gone right back to page 1 Elmo and noticed you've got some Mantic Corp Troopers painted up as Elysians. How do you find the scale of them vs. regular guard?

I've got a box of those Mantic guys in the pile of bits somewhere; I found the restic material they are made with a real PITA to work with but I might try them again.

I still have 35 to paint up at some point but the painting backlog is just not cooperating with my plans at the moment :(

They are a lot thinner.. More real scale than heroic. They are more on a par with the FW figures rather than the over-scaled plastic Cadian models.

The restic was fairly easy to work with if I remember rightly but I only had to do some minor scraping to turn them into Elysians.

Thanks for reminding me - I really must get around to painting up some more of them. :)

I need a little advice before I get too far ahead with troops... I want to get a sensible squad numbering system sorted out now and I have run out of squad numbers on the decal sheet :wink:

This is what I currently have

gallery_62353_10396_35545.jpg

So the troops belong to the 897th Infantry Company...

Company Command will be marked with a skull and the flag will bear the number 897

1st Platoon Command Squad: 100 - Flag marked with 897 central and I in the corner

1st Squad: 101

2nd Squad: 102

3rd Squad: 103

4th Squad: 104

5th Squad: 105

Special Weapons Squads: 110, 111, 112

Heavy Weapon Squads: 120, 121, 122

2nd Platoon Command Squad: 200 - Flag marked with 897 central and II in the corner

and the Squads will follow on as 1st platoon

3rd Platoon Command Squad: 300 - Flag marked with 897 central and III in the corner

and on.... and on :wink:

Does this make sense or am I just being a little too detailed :sad.:

Edit: Special weapons squad #110 done ;)

Edited by elmo

The Cadian Special Weapons Squad no. 110 is now complete along with the single extra Melta gunner from the HQ set I had not got around to doing.

http://pre06.deviantart.net/0780/th/pre/f/2017/014/4/f/special_weapons_squad_110_by_elmo9141-davcigr.jpg

http://orig14.deviantart.net/3aa1/f/2017/014/8/3/cadian_melta_gunner_by_elmo9141-davciiy.jpg

Next up is a short time away from the painting table then I may revisit the Elysians or finish off the Rough Riders as 4 are not much use ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As my Sentinel was looking a little lonely I just ordered another 2 to keep it company along with 15 snap fit guardsmen ;)

I have also ordered some Panzer II style turrets for Chimeras. The plan is to use the ML and coaxial mounted MG (counts as stubber) :)

625x465_16237682_9512473_1481650646.jpg

I will keep the barracks updated once they turn up...

The turrets have turned up and are looking good :)

They even have the chimera turret ring for quick swapping.

I will be cutting off the smoke dischargers and replacing them with gw ones as they are a bit flimsy looking.

Here is the turret with the planned weapon options fitted to a Chimera go give a better idea of scale. The photo seems to have washed out the details... sorry :(

gallery_62353_11005_17486.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_74251.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_142230.jpg

The plan is to paint these up along with the 9 ML teams as spare turrets for the next Chimeras I will be building.

So much to do! Bad elmo... bad! :facepalm::wallbash:

The kit inclues 2 flamers and an extra MG so you could make a Hellhound alternative but I will be keeping these as is as I have 2 mantlets already modified to Autocannons and magnetised for swapping between the GW turrets... Just need more Autocannons and HB mantlets now :wink:

gallery_62353_10396_3205.jpg

Only a text update on the vow so far ...

9 x Bodies and legs done

20+ heads done (stocking up for future models :wink: )

ML arms done

So... need to do the MLs and the rifleman for each team... I am working on 2 weeks to completion :smile.:

Edited by elmo

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to work to a 2 week cycle to complete a project so normally I would alternate between this WIP thread then once complete it would go onto the 711th CCAB - Fluff thread... unless I wanted to show extra angles/details where they would be on here ;)

Keep your eyes peeled - the turrets will be ready next weekend.

Squad 101 (the first officially numbered squad in the infantry company) is done

http://orig13.deviantart.net/dfd0/f/2017/069/0/a/squad_101_by_elmo9141-db1tsd8.jpg

I think this photo background works better than plain white as it shows the cam off better :)

Also the 2 Panzer II turrets are now complete and I am happy with them.

http://pre09.deviantart.net/855e/th/pre/f/2017/069/d/0/panzer_ii_chimera_by_elmo9141-db1tsgb.jpg

Now working on the Enginseer :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers brettfp :thumbsup:

On another note.... you may remember me saying that I was not going to buy anything else till I had made an impact on the backlog

Welllll - I snapped and bought an Armoured Fist box

I guess once I add this one to all the other Chimeras I still have to paint I will be sorted for this years ETL ;)