WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

The chocolate chip camo is painfully beautiful!  It doesn't quite look perfect on the sniper's cloak, though, since it's obvious there that it's just "islands" of a set design set against a single base color.  Maybe a few splotches of brown static grass applied directly to the cloak (very very fluffy in any event) would break that up a bit?

Thanks march and I do sort of agree with you on the snipers cloak. It is such a large area to try to cover and it does become a little obvious. I have got enough bits now for another 2 snipers and I wanted to play around with them (maybe try a ghillie suit). We will see :)

Very cool, but I can't help noticing a distinct dearth of tanks...

Not for much longer :)

2 Leman Russes, a Demolisher and a Chimera on the way. A Chimera and a Hydra in the paint queue and, not forgetting the centre piece -  the Baneblade.

I have the ETL for the DA and a 90% complete Devilfish to finish first then my IG should be getting some face time on the painting table. I just hope I remember how to do chocochips ;)

I hope you will do what is best for the Greater Good, Shas'vre El'mo. :tongue.:

Ssshhhhh - I don't know what you are talking about :ph34r.:

@WarriorFish - I have to clear some room to make space for the new stuff so unfortunately the fish needs to be finished... then Astra Milliwhatnow

@fearlessgod - Thanks and I can't wait to get started on the heavies. My footsloggers need the support. Also I have managed to acquire quite a few more Cadians (thanks eBay) so loads on the to do list.

There are two reasons...

Fluff: I have based the colours an an initial deployment to a new war zone and only the uniform material was available from the Departmento Munitorum. The armour and equipment is awaiting respray. This is along the lines of what actually happened to a lot of troops during GW1. There are many pictures available of troops wearing a mixture of desert and temperate/woodland cam due to delays in the supply chain.

http://redstarmilitariacollectibles.weebly.com/uploads/2/5/2/5/25250286/2485258_orig.jpg

Starting with my new vehicle builds I will be adding sand/tan to the green to help them blend but the old chimera was painted for a standard Cadian force before I decided on chocochips.

Modelling: I like the sharp contrast between the armour and material colours. Personally I think the armour in tan would be drowned out and be difficult to see against the chocochip where as the green makes the model "boom" and brings out the best in both schemes.

I like the idea. The issues with the clothing weren't confined to the States in gw1 too, same here in the uk for gw2 and Afghanistan.......

great theme though and such patience to achieve the pattern. Jealous of your abilities.

It happened to UK troops in Gw1 too but they did not get chocochip so I did not mention them. ;)

I know as I was that soldier wearing European temperate pattern in a desert.... "Quick Sgt Major, make like a tree!" - "You've gotta be bloody stoopid sir..." It's a cunning plan but for one fatal flaw..

I am getting all excited.... the first of my 3 Russes are on the way. Must tidy up the painting corner so I will be ready.

I am planning on Sand/Green wavy scheme with the sand looking like it was hastily sprayed over the original green with sub-standard paint and some of the green will be showing through as weathering. It is hard to explain and I can't post a photo of the images (and voices :teehee: ) in my head.  

Give me a couple of weeks for the orders to come through then it will be tanks, tanks, tanks and a couple of squads :smile.:

The winter wash tanks is sort of the way I was planning to go.

A mixture of these patterns trying out the hairspray method.
http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/3/30c766368a68678dfc5ba9e165a52e81.image.500x307.jpg

http://www.miniatures.de/vehicles/camouflage-schemes-winter-panzer-IV.jpg

The plan is to make all the tanks (I include the Russes, Hydra and Chimeras and the Baneblade) interchangeable as much as possible. Luckily I have already stocked up on magnets.

I plan to do my own Pask using the tank commander bits and a different colour scheme and not buy the GW one.

I hope to be starting with the vehicles in about 2 weeks when they have all turned up and will be doing a production line rather than one at a time so they should be fairly fast. The Baneblade will be last, partially for a change and mainly that I will have to plan how to make it magnetised (my way).
Edited by Elmo9141

Nope - just guardsmen for the next couple of months although I do have 9 stealth suits to do sometime ;)

The Russ is now base sprayed and gluing sub-assemblies will begin tonight.

Work has now started in earnest. The hull  is glued together less tracks as I will paint them separate and glue them on as one of the final items.

I have fitted 2 magnets into the floor of the hull so I will be able to fit a dozerblade later.

2 magnets have been fitted in-between the hull sides for the sponsons and the sponsons are assembled and braced with some cut down sprue which will be the location for the corresponding magnet.

I have been digging around in my bitz box and found a couple of winged skulls and a heavy stubber for the turret along with some backpacks for later and 4 parts of track guard. Also found a peaked cap for Pask. Just need to greenstuff a cape and find a couple of arms.

The main weapons have been glued together but I need to give a lot of thought about how to magnetise them into the turret but still be able to fit the gun shield to each weapon.

The plan will be to get it all together ready to start spraying on the weekend and if I have some spare time I may start on the Chimera I have laying around.