WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

• 3 weeks later...

Will someone please ban me from :censored:  eBay  

... just bought 6 x metal sanctioned psykers - this is a unit where I am a little short of models at the moment as I only have 3.

Just change your shipping adres to mine. When all the stuff that you order never arrives, you'll stop buying stuff. It's for your own benefit Elmo!

I always have problems with taking a collection photo as I just cant get the light/colour balance to work out properly :(

At least the individual photos come out ok :thumbsup:

and it does prove I am not just reposting the same unit over and over ;)

Just ordered a Thunderbolt.....

Should not have read Double Eagle

Bad Elmo - Bad!

Phantine Air Corps
XX Wing 'Umbra' Squadron

http://wh40k-de.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/a/ab/XX.Panthine.JPG/300px-XX.Panthine.JPG

Regimental Colours

In their standard configuration, the aircraft of the Phantine Air Corps are uniformly grey. Upon deployment to a combat zone, each wing will choose a complementary colour featured on the aircraft's fins and tail. For instance, during the Enothian War, the Phantine XIX "Orbis" Squadron chose a deep blue as its secondary colour. However, following Imperial Navy regulations, Phantine wings often abandon their original colour scheme for standard or improvised camouflage. It is common practice for a crew or pilot of a Phantine aircraft to baptise it with an emotionally-resonant name and decorate its nose with emblems, figures or pieces of art, meticulously applied either by the pilots themselves or their fitters and technicians. During combat operations, an aircraft's given name often replaces the standard radio call-sign of the unit, a practice particularly present in bomber wings.

Phantine crews and pilots wear the same taupe flightsuits, a colour chosen deliberately to mimic that of the Phantine Skyborne, the regiment of Drop Troopers also raised from Phantine. Pilots and crew also carry thick, fur-trimmed brown leather flight jackets that they heavily personalise. The last part of their kit, the flight-helmet, is often painted in the secondary colour of their squadron to allow for quick identification.

Edited by elmo

• 2 weeks later...

That was the plan ;)

Pintle stubber as I like them more :)

The hull weapon may be a little overscale but I will have a go but an IG turret weapon should work great.

At least it should be bigger than the tractor I did previously.

The Staghound turned up today - nice model with loads of details and extra accessory options. It is about the same length as a Chimera but a little narrower.

Once I have but the hull together I will post a photo of it next to a Chimera.

The turret is looking good to convert to an Autocannon with coaxial stubber and a pintle mounted stubber behind the commanders hatch with a hull mounted Heavy Bolter or Flamer also looking like it is do-able...

Creative juices bubbling :)

Thunderbolt is a little bigger than I thought... It's a big bugger :)

gallery_62353_11005_44017.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_118285.jpg

The fuselage is glued together but the wings are just tacked on for the photo as there is still loads of prep work to do before spraying.

The wings are warped and will need coaxing back into true...

So after a couple of days putting the Staghound together this is where I am currently up to.

The majority of the hull is assembled, the wheels are just attached for the photo, crewman and stubber are loose at the moment. There is more stowage to go on including fuel drums and canvas rolls over the wheel arches. Still some more IG stuff to add along with some IG decals after painting.

The idea of adding a co-axial stubber did not work due to lack of space on the mantlet so I went with the supplied Browning mg barrel instead.

Size wise, I have added a couple of photos with it next to a Chimera and Russ for comparison.

It is a very detailed model and also includes transparent windows and brass etched parts.

I would say it is slightly too big overall but 1:48 would be too small to make the crew hatches etc visually acceptable so it is the best of both worlds.

I hope to have it ready for priming after another couple of weeks work due to other projects on the go at the same time :(

gallery_62353_11005_11958.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_11207.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_10797.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_53986.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_44302.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_7766.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_79190.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_9428.jpg

• 2 weeks later...