Shrineworld Garrison (what’s still legal??)

Kierdale

Thanks. :)

I've preordered the eCodex and, despite changes for the better and worse, I'm very excited about it and what directions I might take the army in (particularly via my first post-codex order).

Oh, no Scions yet. Wallet's too light this month. Perhaps in that post-codex order. :D

Now for some idle codex musing that won't get resolved until after the weekend...

First I wonder if I'll end up using my beastmen penitents as conscripts (might have to add ten more, which would be a pleasure as they're a great kit) or veterans (in which case they'll need a couple of special weapons, which is an exciting prospect. Perhaps sniper rifles and dare I say a scratch-built mortar...and camp them on an objective. The CO told them to graze there ;) ).

Glad to see there are still SWS. I was thinking I'd have to expand my sniper SWS into a full veteran unit, and still have one sniper rifle too many!

Now for my three veterans squads: triple plasma, melta and finally flamer plus a heavy flamer. With the plasma one I have to remove one plasma gunner and might replace him and a lasgunner with a lascannon HWT. Then put that lasgunner into the melta squad to replace one meltagunner. I can't think of a good heavy weapon to out in the melta squad as it's likely to be mobile.

If the flamer vets can have two flamers and the heavy flamer then I just need to replace one flamer with a shotgun. A simple chop job.

It seems that PSBs are still in but without an overseer anymore! I really like my overseer model, so perhaps he'll become a PCS officer or something. Or a CCS bodyguard if they still exist, perhaps.

Oh, and a bit of ETL prep: I got out all my unmade metal (Mordians) and some other models yesterday.

One mortar HWS.

One quad flamer PCS (might vow them as a CCS for the points ;))

One quad melta CCS

One quad plasma CCS, inc twin plasma pistol officer (just for fun)

Two infantry squads (GLs and one with autocannon, one with missile launcher as I don't have a 4th autocannon)

Am tempted to get the GW spray gun to speed things up in general. I don't have the time or funds for a full airbrush.

Edited by Kierdale

It seems that PSBs are still in but without an overseer anymore! I really like my overseer model, so perhaps he'll become a PCS officer or something. Or a CCS bodyguard if they still exist, perhaps.

Damn it! Oh well, mine will make for a nice Sergeant model at least :pinch:

I've not done anything about the new codex yet, I'll try and sort it this week but I've a fair few things to juggle. It doesn't sound like there's been radical changes from what I've been hearing.

And Invulnerable Bede is complete!

If it looks like he's frothing at the mouth...he is!

gallery_63428_8145_19109.jpg

med_gallery_63428_8145_41849.jpggallery_63428_8145_18150.jpggallery_63428_8145_23793.jpggallery_63428_8145_10144.jpggallery_63428_8145_1848.jpggallery_63428_8145_23144.jpggallery_63428_8145_28759.jpggallery_63428_8145_28251.jpg

Very pleased with how he came out.

I did a bit of Druichi Violet under his eyes, and a thin Carroburg Crimson over his eyes so he looks well and truly mad. :biggrin.:

Next up will be infantry prep for the ETL. After that I have Bede's superior to do...the real Pontifex Maximus...

Thanks! If the rumours are true then he should be more useful in the new codex.

I've been filing and gluing a lot, preparing my metal infantry.

Bit the bullet and tried replacing the head of a Mordian with a Pistolier head that I've wanted to use (a helmetless one with hair blowing in the wind), for a standard bearer. The head is a little large I must admit (the hair doesn't help!) but I think it'll be okay.

Hopefully some WIP shots this weekend.

...and probably some reworked armylists for 500 and 1,000 points. Maybe 1,500 too!

Off to bed now. I'll download my codex when I get up in the morning.

Thank you, Malediction.

Unfortunately it seems ministorum priests can no longer take shotguns (I haven't told Bede yet. I'm too scared to :wink: ) so either he'll be armed with a counts-as-autogun (cringe!) or that shotgun is packing plasma-shotshells for the foreseeable.

Actually I rather like the sound of the latter!

As priests lost the option for eviscerators though, that nixes a conversion I planned of another WHFB priest with his double-handed hammer turned into an eviscerator. Unless I build it as an Inquisitorial henchman...

Other than that, the new codex, now I've had a chance to go through it, doesn't seem to mess up my army too much. Very much looking forward to getting some new armour (I'm pretty much decided on a LR demolisher, a manticore and a wyvern). Am planning to make some removeable camo netting too.

Great work, Bede looks fantastic.

And best of all, with the new codex you can include him in your army for a fraction of the cost under the old codex AND he'll be much more effecive!

I haven't seen the new Codex yet but, if you don't mind me asking, have they changed Veterans much?

They're 10 pts cheaper, and their doctrines are cheaper too (except demolitions). Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been busy preparing for the ETL3...

First up: Company command squad, 4x plasma gun, officer w/ 2x plasma pistol. 150pts.

gallery_63428_8145_28841.jpg

And a couple of shots of the cocky-as-hell (WHFB duelist-turned) officer. An overheat might wipe the smile off his face...

gallery_63428_8145_31048.jpggallery_63428_8145_31900.jpg

The sword is, of course, purely ceremonial (rules wise:sweat: )

Another company command squad: 4x flamer, officer with bolt pistol, laurels of command, blade of conquest. 131pts.

gallery_63428_8145_23508.jpg

A third company command squad: 4x melta gun, officer with blade of conquest. 125pts.

gallery_63428_8145_6914.jpg

Glad to at last be making this officer! He's got an Aquila belt buckle, Aquila crosspiece on his sword...and a couple more on the corners of his coat for good measure!

gallery_63428_8145_33018.jpg

And, so he can be put in a Russ turret (and demand to be driven within sword range), he is not glued but is rather double-pinned at the torso.

gallery_63428_8145_29408.jpg

One triple mortar heavy weapon squad. 60pts.

gallery_63428_8145_6880.jpg

And a couple of infantry squads:

squad one: grenade launcher, auto-cannon. 65pts.

It's nice to have a different model of sergeant for once! Wish I'd gotten more of this one before he disappeared.

gallery_63428_8145_26307.jpg

A shot of one of my two quick lasgun-to-grenade launcher conversions.

gallery_63428_8145_34412.jpg

Squad two: grenade launcher, missile launcher. 70pts.

med_gallery_63428_8145_31334.jpg

MIssile launcher conversion:

gallery_63428_8145_3543.jpg

As it's yet another of the same sergeant model I gave this one the typical facial scar.

gallery_63428_8145_57997.jpg

And last but not least two models which won't earn me points as they're not parts of squads, but I'm going to do them at the same time.

First up a sergeant turned standard bearer.

gallery_63428_8145_13582.jpggallery_63428_8145_7611.jpg

Saving his old head. Might give it to a Psychopomp as a trophy. New head is from WHFB Empire Pistoliers. Hourglass is from Flagellants. Put a rope wrapped around the flagpole too, which will be done in yellow (command colour). Not sure what design I'll actually put on the flag! Suggestions...?

And a vox carrier. Need to make a second one sometime so he's useable. Was very fun to build.

gallery_63428_8145_28001.jpggallery_63428_8145_33021.jpggallery_63428_8145_20797.jpg

Thick aerial replaced with guitar wire. Handset made from an IG pickaxe, SM backpack vent and a skull from WHFB Flagellants (love that kit!). Cable is guitar wire. Hammer also from Flagellants.

Thank you both!

Great to see so many models! A shame they're not worth much but they'll certainly keep you busy!

Don't you need one of those command squads to be a PCS to make the Platoon units legal though?

Well, I figure they're legal squads. If the vow has to be legal FOC choices then it's a different matter. Should anyone complain, I'll change the infantry squads to veterans (which would actually up the vow by 20 points or so).

Thank you very much, I consider that great praise!

First, a WIP update:

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

med_gallery_63428_8145_10412.jpg

Decided to do the four flamer-wielders, Lord Solar (thought not in quite the `official` colours) and the skull-kisser (as Elmo named him). Should have them finished this week.

Also picked up some nice decals at the weekend...

Firstly some exceedingly fine red text (they also had white, grey and day-glow orange). Too small to read. There are a few different shapes and should make for excellent detailing on tanks but also on banners and books. Kept the label in the photo if anyone's interested.

gallery_63428_8145_23064.jpg

That cost me about 300 yen, while the next one was rather more expensive (about 2,000y) but is far larger and very, very cool...

gallery_63428_8145_34707.jpggallery_63428_8145_28795.jpggallery_63428_8145_33738.jpg

A wide variety of warning labels (in different sizes and colours)...

Caution: firearms control, power supply, caution, high voltage

Warning: follow the maintenance manual, unauthorised persons must not open this door

No Step

Warning: High output laser sight, do not look straight, see medical attention immediately in case of accident

Warning: Electromagnetic wave has an effect on the human body. Do not approach within 50m while in operation

Radioactive materials waste

Man-machine interface...

many, many more

And also those pinup-silhouettes.

Gold!

I'll be super detailing my old armour (and future pieces) from this sheet as soon as the ETL is out of the way.

Thank you!

I'm doing this one in infantry-colours (dark red) and will need to do another vox-carrier for a command squad sometime. I'm thinking about upping the bar on the next one: do away with the handset and have it wired directly into his head. Speaker/mike mesh in the mouth, etc.

Lord Solar Macharius and the four flamer-wielders are done, as is the vox-carrier.

gallery_63428_8145_5575.jpg

Likely these four will get red added to their epaulets to demote them to a PCS (rather than a CCS) before they hit the game table.

gallery_63428_8145_5843.jpggallery_63428_8145_3745.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_6474.jpggallery_63428_8145_8765.jpg

gallery_63428_8145_6264.jpggallery_63428_8145_29897.jpggallery_63428_8145_12382.jpggallery_63428_8145_4530.jpg

Now working on the five HWTs of my vow (3x mortar in one HWS, 1x autocannon and 1x missile launcher for two ISs).

gallery_63428_8145_6382.jpg

And a few spoilers...

gallery_63428_8145_12690.jpg

Very glad I got the lefthand one before he went out of production.

The right one needs a new sleeve GSing on his right arm, then cabling adding from his backpack to the power-cat o'nine tails. I figure he's carrying out punishment for some minor infraction...

And...

med_gallery_63428_8145_46575.jpg

The guitar wire then got replaced with coiled copper wire...

gallery_63428_8145_31057.jpg

...which will go down into the hood behind his head.

And there's a second Primaris in the works.

Depending how quickly I get my first vow done, my second might comprise those two commissars commissar lords, two primaris psykers...and I think I could get the remaining two members of the shotgun vet squad built quickly enough...