Elmo's new project - Landraider Ares, the fun begins!

elmo

Right  - came back and had another go at the wings, no change on the shield and muddied it up/weathered it but still needs another nights work before I am going to declare it complete.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/IMAG0129_zps0bbb4bfe.jpg

I had multiple tries at the wing and could not get it exactly as I wanted but I am happy with the overall attempt at what, to be honest, is a massive icon.

I will be sticking to smaller ones in future ;)

I will take better photos at the weekend in my lightbox.

Great job!  

Now grab a bit of sponge from an old blister pack and some tin bitz and boltgun and stipple some tin bitz on then a lighter stipple of boltgun to bring out the metal edges of those teeth in the muddied up bit...  

Barracuda - yes I know, boo hiss filthy xenos :)

But I am waiting to see what the next SG challenge will be. I have a rhino as a side project but I have no time to complete it for this challenge due to Xmas commitments.

I think good freehand is always difficult, and especially on very big or very small areas. I also think your freehand is generally pretty good, although I can't help but feel that the 'dozer blade looks very busy. I say this despite liking the overall model though, so don't take my comments as pointed criticism - your efforts are definitely more than I would have tried myself! :)

Thanks brothers.

Unfortunately you will have to wait till Friday for better photos/montage of the redeemed, crusader and ares.

I will load them onto my 4th company thread as this one is drawing to a close.

I have not forgotten about the magnetisation tutorial and should be able to work on it over the Xmas break.

The siege shield has been a bit of a labour of love and I will soon get back to my normal DA.

I'm looking forward to working on loads of ravenwing starting next year.

Archived