A Blood Angels Successor can. You can either choose inheritors of the primarch, where you're basically plain old BA, otherwise you can choose 2 chapter traits and say you're a BA successor to get access to BA units, warlord traits and strats, but not relics and named characters. 

You can get a +1 advance and charge trait, with another, but there's no other way of getting +1 to wound without being a Blood Angel. My philosophy on the traits are a few posts above, but essentially, statistically speaking, +1 to hit is the same as +1 to wound, and 2 hits on a 6 is the same as +1 to hit, however as I have a lot of powerfists, I'm wounding marines on a 2+ anyway, so +1 to wound is wasted, claws give rerolls, and transhuman/deathwing dont care about +1 to wound, so I went for volume of attacks through whirlwind of rage, and it's been pretty decent so far. I prefer it to +1 to wound. 

Been working on some bases for my Bladeguard, Eradicators and Indomitus Characters:

gallery_58096_16283_173366.jpg

I tried to get them to match with my other bases as much as possible, while retaining some uniqueness. As usualy, trip hazards are in yellow +/- hazard striping. In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there are only Personal Injury Lawyers.

Tourney Update:

The GSC/Tyranid player lost to the Death Guard Vehicle Mash, which is who I'll be playing against next. It's a low model count army, so I might be able to overwhelm, though my troops may be at risk from a plagueburst crawler's indirect fire.

Edited by Xenith

So I've just about finished my Bladeguard and Lieutenant, just putting the finishing touches on the Flesh Tearer.

Lieutenant (stand-in sergeant) of the Flesh Eaters. I attempted a marble effect on the shield to reflect his rank, it looks ok from a distance, but it's not as good as some. This was corax white, with lines of eshin grey painted thinly over.

gallery_58096_16283_327162.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_411558.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_109150.jpg

The Blood Angel. Heraldic device shows insignia of the Blood Angels 5th company next to an argent bend on sable [meaning undetermined].

gallery_58096_16283_347688.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_277221.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_207231.jpg

The Rift Stalker (name undecided). Obvious Deathwatch theme going on here, if you hadn't realised. Tilting shield reflect the watch bastion, surplanting the marines original heraldry.

gallery_58096_16480_270153.jpg

gallery_58096_16480_123415.jpg

gallery_58096_16480_322047.jpg

Well, we're a quarter of the way through 2021 (YIKES!), and I did a quick count of what I've painted so far this year, and it's not too shabby!

Seems I forgot to updae a bunch of stuff this year. My total tally for 2020 is:

1x Devastator Marine

3x Outriders

4x Sanguinary Guard

1x Sanguinay Ancient

Land Raider Crusader

Stalker Tank

3x Eliminators

1x Bladeguard Lieutenant

3x Bladeguard

1x Invictor Warsuit

Undercoated

Contemptor Dread

Primaris Mephiston

3x Eradicators

Judiciar

What I really want is to get the Indomitus set finished before the end of the year, however I'm starting a Tyranid Crusade, which will need ~200pts a month, which shouldn't be too hard with contrast paints. I want to get a move on with Mephiston and the Eradicators, then at least I have the most effective Indomitus units painted...

I had my Tournament game, the Semi-Final last night, a very close and tough gameagainst an experienced Death Guard Player

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Blood Angels Successor, Tactical Withdrawal, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Angel Ascendant

+ HQ +

Sanguinary Priest: 2. Artisan of War, Artificer Armour, Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Angel Exemplar, Teeth of Terra, Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad
. . 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. . Incursor Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet
. . 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. . Infiltrator Sergeant: Quake Bolts

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Guard
2 Fists, 2 Swords 1 Axe

Vanguard Veteran Squad: Jump Pack
Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

3x Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Power fist, Storm shield

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad
3x Attack Bike: Multi-melta

++ Total: [55 PL, 4CP, 999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

His list 3CP

++ Spearhead (HS) -3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++
+ Configuration +
Detachment Command Cost
Plague Company: The Inexorable
+ HQ +
Death Guard Chaos Lord: Combi-bolter, Ferric Blight, Plaguebringer, Power sword, Warlord
+ Elites +
Helbrute: Helbrute fist, Multi-melta
+ Fast Attack +
Death Guard Greater Blight Drone
+ Heavy Support +
Chaos Rapier Carrier: Quad heavy bolter
Plagueburst Crawler: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger
++ Total: [57 PL, 3CP, 1,000pts] ++
Created with BattleScribe

Mission: Incursion 21: Centre Ground
Primary: Take and Hold
My secondaries: Engage, Scramblers, WWSWF (ATB's, SG, VV)
Opponents' secondaries: Cut off the head, Domination, WWSWF (Plagueburst, both Hellbrutes)

Hoo boy, this was a tough match. DG are no joke for BA. Disgustingly Resilient straight up halves the effectiveness of SG and Powerfists against hard targets, so I was already at ~50% damage output against a totally multiwound army as half of my melee models have D2 weapons. Contagion also meant that if I was in melee range, things like his S7 Plaguespitters would be wounding me on 2's.

BA T1

No pics of deployment, but here's the end of my T2 - I started with the SG and VV behind the ruin to the right, ATB's behind the containers. In my T1 I loved them all up behind the bastion, the ATB's has LOS to the Plagueburst, 2 in melta range, and did a total of 3 wounds. Phobos huys were parked on my objective, the incursors a litte further forward in no man's land. I got over excited and charged them T1 into a rapier to try and kill it, whiffing for 1D. Infiltrators quake bolted a nearest hellbrute. 2 pts for Engage puts me at 2-0

gallery_58096_15972_147960.jpg

DG T1

Hellbrutes move anticlockwise to the incursors One brute shoots my sanguard killing one, everything else shoots the attack bikes, killing all of them. Damn. Hellbrute and Chaos Lord charge and wipe the Incursors, despite Transhumaning them. Quarter of my army and half my scoring lost in T1. I should not have been so aggressive with the attack bikes and incursors. I knew the PBC was a trap and fell into it anyway. I should have tried to shoot down some drones or rapiers with the MM's, that would have been more effective. No secondaries achived.

BA T2

I get 10pts for 2 objectives. I'm on the back foot now, pretty sure I've lost this game, but lets see what we can do. Priest Overflows his chalice putting SG and VV into combat doctrine. Infils stay put to try and quake bolt stuff to help my melee...but miss. I might do better with a unit of Eliminators to at least get BS2+ Quakes. VV's jump over the bastion to line up on the Chaos lord, drone and green hellbrute. Sanguard jump over to the other hellbrute and within 6" of the priest who lands in the middle of the VV's. Priest ress's a SG and heals a wound on SG and VV.

Angelus boltguns open up, hititng on 2's and manage to get 3 wounds on the Hellbrute somehow. VV's multicharge drone, lord and hellbrute, my thinking being that I need to kill stuff or get locked in combat, so he either has to fall back and cant shoot or cant shoot. SG multicharge the Hellbrute and chaos lord.

VV attack first, power fists onto the Hellbrute. 8 Attacks...and six sixes (see below)! That's actually insane, I love Whirlwind of Rage, it's miles better than +1 to wound. From 8 attacks the hellbrute took 12 hits, 10 wounds, and dead.

A fist, sword and claw on the VV's take the Chaos lord down to 2w, and the sword does nowt to the drone. Opponent then inteerupts with the hellbrute and kills 1 sanguard.Priest attacks taking 2-3 wounds off the drone. Sanguard then attack. As the Hellbrute has already gone, I put everyone I can into the lord, namely an axe and fist. Hitting on 2+ wounding on 3+ is no joke and the lord dies. Last sword and fist on the SG knock the hellbrute down to 1W. Drone knocks a wound off my priest. Nothing for engage. BA 12 - 0 DG

The start of my fight phase

gallery_58096_15972_532605.jpg

DG T2

5Pts for one objective. Drone flies away to the south objective. rapiers maneuver to get LOS to my VV's, hellbrute remains in combat. Everything (2 drones, PBC, 3x Rapiers) shoots the VV taking them down to 4 models, 1 wounded, SG wounded. I lose the squad sergeant to take them out of LOS of the last rapier. Scary. But not as bad as it could have been, my dice were making up for the atrocious rolls in T1. In combat, I get to attack first and put the last hellbrute down. BA 12 - 5 DG

DGT2 end of movement

gallery_58096_15972_533509.jpg

BA T3

10pts for 2 objectives. VV's ignore the bait rapier to the north and shoot south east, the SG following jumping over the PBC. Wounded SG and VV healed, and the serge is returned to the VV's, 2" closer to the rapiers :devil:. Infiltrators deploy scramblers in my DZ. Shooting ineffectual, SG charge the PBC on 9 wounds, eating the overwatch losing a model. VV's multicharge both rapiers, the priest going into the northern most one, staying within 6" of the SG. SG attack, 15 fist and axe attacks knocking the PBC down to a singe wound. Priest attacks, killing a rapier, VV's kill the other one. Things are swinging back my way. Opponent only has 2 drones, 1 rapier and a PBC on 1 wound left. I get 2 for engage. BA 24 - 5 DG

DG T3

5pts for one objective. Drones split to go on the north and south objective, rapier moves out to draw a bead on the SG, the PBC falls back to open the SG up to shooting. Now I play my trap card. Cut them Down for 1CP, 3 guys in combat, needing a single 6 to inflict a MW. I roll 662. 2 MW on the PBC and it dies as it falls back. Now crippled, the Drones and rapier shoot the SG to try and wipe them, succeeding in killing 2 and wounding 1. One model alive is all I need. No secondaries. BA 24 - 10 DG

BA T4

10pts for 2 objectives. Last remaining SG flies to the rapier, priest lands behind 3" away. VV's land around the priest, within 3" of the bloat drone o nthe north objective. Priest heals the SG, Himself, then returns an SG to the unit, putting me 1.01" away from the rapier. Infiltrators guerilla tactics into the opposing DZ and deploy scramblers. SG charge the rapier and kill it, VV's+ priest charge the drone and kill it. Nothing for engage as the VV's are within 6" of the table centre. BA 34 - 10 DG

DG T4.

5pts for 1 objective. Not much, the drone moves to shoot the SG, not doing anything. BA 35 - 15 DG

BA T5

15 pts for holding 2 and more. SG jump and land on the north objective for no reason. VV's and priest fly south, heal a model and res one. Infiltrators guerilla into no mans land and deploy scramblers, completing that objective. VV's and priest kill the drone then consolidate south to get engage for 3. Opponent tabled. BA 52 - 15 DG

End-game objectives, I get scramblers, 10pts for WWSWF, 10 pts for painted, opponent gets 10 for painted. Victory tothe Blood Angels.

Results end of T5:
My Objectives:
Take and Hold - 45
Engage - 7

Deploy Scramblers - 10

WWSWF - 10
Painted - 10
Total - 82

Opponents' Objectives:
T&H - 15
WWSWF - 0
Cut off the head - 0

Domination - 0
Painted - 10
Total - 25

Springer's Final Thoughts

springer3.jpg

Death guard are pretty nasty and have a lot of ways to counter BA. -1T is brutal, evenstuff like power axes are wounding on a 2+, and the Inexorable have a -2 to charge strat, which is also nasty. My opponent's WLT was an aura of -1AP on everything within Contagion range (1 - 9"). That's the whole of the Flesh Tearers Chapter tactic for free, when you're in range, always on, no fishing for 6's, and that's on top of every model getting the BA tactic of +1 to wound for free, on top of their own faction abilities. DG seriously outclass anything before them.

This was definitely the hardest fight I've had in a while, and not because of the army, my opponent is also experienced with the army, and had gone undefeated in the tourney so far. Rapiers are also possibly undercosted at 85pts for 4 heavy bolters on a VEHICLE, which would normally be 60pts alone, meaning you get a T5 W4 VEHICLE for 20pts, while we pay 30 for an attack bike chassis. Maybe I need some of my own!

Looking to the BA, I'm really liking Whirlwind of Rage over +1 to wound. It feels like my guys have a way higher damage output than normal, and I'll look forward to testing this out with some volume CC attacks like DC. The VV's with shields+ fists and claws are money, and real workhorses, that 2+ save is invaluable in keeping them alive. Chalice Overflowing is always worth it in T1+T2 if you expect melee with 2 units, plenty more attacks at better AP from affected units. The oriest again did sterling work, bringing back I think 2SG and 2 VV's over the game, as well as a couple of clutch 6+++'s that really helped me out, just simple things like leaving a marine on 1W so the next multimelta just nuked a 1w marine instead of a healthy one.

Edited by Xenith

Very nice BGVets! The holster on the sarge brings thoughts of a hairy hide, really interesting effect! Compliments on the robes too.

And a really well-fought battle with the DG, congratulations on your victory! Whirlwind of Rage is working really great for you :)

Being away with work, I had the idea of taking some models with me to paint in the evenings, seeing as everywhere is closed. Working on my Eradicators, these guys are getting done up as Angels Sanguine, I'm really going with whatever vibe I'm feeling at the time. I had a thought that I should maybe do each armour type as a different chapter, so I'd have an awesome unified force if I, say, wanted a pure gravis army. It was also really tempting to have these guys as Flesh Eaters also, but I don't think it fits with them so much - though the scarlette with white stripe would look great on other gravis I think.

gallery_58096_16480_156139.jpg

• 1 month later...

Alright? Haven't posted here in a while as I've worked on Hive Fleet Jabberwocky, but I'm gradually getting stuff done.

I've been working on the last four Infiltrators that I've been putting off forever, these guys are now done bar the basing, and I've also been cracking on with a Land Speeder Storm I've had since....2013? Now It's getting done. Minus the crew. Well, driver and gunner will go in the thing, the others will get made into a dynamically posed scout squad.

gallery_58096_15020_303456.jpg

We also got asked for a model photoshoot for the tournament (still not concluded), so I took these shots:

Vanguard Veteran Sergeant:

gallery_58096_15955_162807.jpg

Company Champion now acting Vanguard Sergeant:

gallery_58096_11797_16994.jpg

Company Champion now acting Vanguard Veteran:

gallery_58096_11797_121293.jpg

Vanguard Veteran:

gallery_58096_11966_336342.jpg

Flesh Tearer Sanguinary Guard:

gallery_58096_16852_225059.jpg

Dante proxy, now Sanguinary Guard:

gallery_58096_16852_232848.jpg

I got to play in the Tournament final last night, and was playing against the the Death Guard opponent with his gorgeous Blanchitsu-style dark gritty dreadnought army. In the double elimination standings, you're only out after you lose 2 games - my opponent had only lost one (to me) so far, then he won the losers bracket to move back to the winners bracket, and got to fight me again.

My list 4CP

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Blood Angels Successor, Tactical Withdrawal, Whirlwind of Rage

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Angel Ascendant

+ HQ +

Sanguinary Priest: 2. Artisan of War, Artificer Armour, Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Angel Exemplar, Teeth of Terra, Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad
. . 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. . Incursor Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet
. . 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. . Infiltrator Sergeant: Quake Bolts

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Guard
2 Fists, 2 Swords 1 Axe

Vanguard Veteran Squad: Jump Pack
Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

3x Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Power fist, Storm shield

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad
3x Attack Bike: Multi-melta

++ Total: [55 PL, 4CP, 999pts] ++

His list 3CP

++ Spearhead (HS) -3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++
+ Configuration +
Detachment Command Cost
Plague Company: The Inexorable
+ HQ +
Death Guard Chaos Lord: Combi-bolter, Ferric Blight, Plaguebringer, Power sword, Warlord
+ Elites +
+ Fast Attack +
+ Heavy Support +
Plagueburst Crawler: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger
++ Total: [57 PL, 3CP, 1,000pts] ++

Mission: Incursion 22: Ascension
Primary: Take and Hold
My secondaries: Engage, Scramblers, WWSWF (ATB's, SG, VV)
Opponents' secondaries: Ascension, Domination, WWSWF (Plagueburst, both Hellbrutes)

See my thoughts on my opponent's army after our last game here.

In short, I underestimated the rapiers last time, so they killing them was priority #1 in this game. No more splitting fire. No more silly charges, just focus on them 'til they're dead. Here's how it went.

The mission was tricky. Ascension immeidately killed my PHOBOS units' ability to forward deploy onto objectives and table quarters, however this was probably better in the end as it made me play them more conservatively.

One rapier is to the left of the blight drones behind the ruin in the top right, the other to the right of them, with the third between the two ruins to the bottom right. Chaos Lord was behind the two hellbrutes ready to race into the middle for ascension. PBC was on the home objective. My VV's, priest and bikes deployed in a blob in the middle behind the LOS blocking ruins. One rapier could see them, but it was really the best place to threaten his whole army if it moved toward the middle. I figured I could take one rapier firing at me (8 hits, 5 wounds, 2-3 dead van/sanguard or an ATB), but all 3 would be lethal.

Deployment, fighting over the trophy.

gallery_58096_15972_228274.jpg

Low angle showing LOS from th rapier to my guys.

gallery_58096_15972_443633.jpg

BAT1 - No sense rushing around and getting myself killed, especially when I largely was obscured. SG advanced up the right flank to get into cover in the RHS ruin, ready to jump on the right hand rapier next turn. I rolled a 1 for advance...command point rerolled to a 2... Still it was enough to get 4/5 of them out of LOS from everything. One guy could be targeted by hellbrutes, but they'd only kill one, and make the rest of the unit untargetable. VV's shuffled forward into cover. Attack bikes moved left to draw LOS to the LHS rapier and stayed in cover, which my opponent maybe wasnt expecting, they could have easily targeted the juicy hellbrutes of PBC, but I'd learned from last time. Incursors moved forward onto the west objective ready to put some bolt rounds into the rapier if it survived, the infils stayed in cover and deployed scramblers. ATB's put everything into the rapier, wiping if off the board. Incursors put some bolt rounds into the nearest blight drone, but did nothing. I have 1/3 scramblers and 2 for engage. BA 2 - 0 DG

Start of DG T1 Movement.

gallery_58096_15972_146230.jpg

DGT1

My opponent reaslises he's crippled himself with poor fire lanes on the rapiers - by putting them so far back in cover, they can't see anything. Helbrutes move forwards, one in range of the centre Objective, blight drones land near the incursors to contest if they can kill the inc's rapiers shuffle forwards. Everything fires at the incursors, so I pop smokescreen and transhuman. This was a bit of a trap move, as if they shoot the incursors they're not shooting my killy stuff, and the incursors can be deceptively durable with those strats. 2 multimeltas, 2 storm bolters, ~16 shots from the blight drones left only the sergeant on 1w, with judicious application of a command reroll on a 4+ save. Blights then had to charge in to finish him off, howevr that was about 500pts of unit's shooting to kill 105pts of Primaris. My opponent has 3 objectives to my 1 so gets domination and Ascention for holding the middle. BA 2 - 4 DG

Gorgeous Hellbrutes draw a bead on the Incursors.

gallery_58096_15972_127044.jpg

BAT2

Then the hammer falls. I'm on 1 objective for 5VP. Priest put the VV's into assault doctrine. Sanguard jump west for a short charge on the rapier +out of LOS, or a longer charge on the PBC and Hellbrute if the rapier died to shooting. Vanguard jump forward with the priest to target his warlord hellbrutes and last rapier. Attack bikes ignore the drones and move east to target the rapier. Infiltrators advance forward onto the east objective, still in the SE quarter, and deploy scramblers. Attackbikes annihilate the western rapier with a vengeance. Angelus boltguns into the hellbrute do 1w. I make a dumb move and charge the priest into the rapier first (should have VV's) priest eats the overwatch, 2 6's to hit, one wound, passed save. VV's multicharge the lord, rapier and hellbrute. SG's multicharge PBC and Hellbrute. Hammer, fist, 2 claws and a sword go into the Lord and smush him, with a command reroll on the hammer wound. 2 fists 1 claw, 1 sword go into the hellbrute, lucky rolling gets me 9 hits with the fists (8 attacks, 2 misses, 3 6's) and these pretty much splat the hellbrute which doesnt explode. Opponent interrupts with the hellbrute and gets 2 wounds on the SG, both saved on 5+'s. Priest kills the rapier with the Teeth of Terra. VV's consolidate to lock in the PBC and priest consolidates to safety in the VV clump (towards the PBC). SG's now the priest moved nearer with his consolidate get +1 to hit, knock wounds off the PBC and knock the Hellbrute down to 2W. This was an error as I thought one had to attack the PBC but he could have put it into the Hellbrute. As the bikes moved and the infils couldn't make it to the NE quarter, I'm only in 2 quaters so get nothing for engage, but the battle is in my favour. 2/3 Scramblers. BA 7-4 DG

BA T2 movement, after I moved the Sanguard

gallery_58096_15972_190325.jpg

BA T2 End of charge phase

gallery_58096_15972_295885.jpg

BAT2 end of Fight Phase

gallery_58096_15972_435296.jpg

DGT2

Nothing much to do. On2 objectives so scores 10. Drones move to contest the attack bikes on my home objective, shooting and charging and doing a total of 3w to one bike. Hellbrute shoots into combat and melts a Sanguard, PBC misses with stuff and kills one vanguard. After the drones, the SG attack the hellbrute, finishing it, VV's pile into the PBC taking the objective it was holding, and doing a handful of wounds. BA 7-14 DG

BAT3

I'm on 3 objectives for 15 VP. Now time to mop up. VV's fall back ready to recharge the PBC, priest jumps south to the centre objective, VV's go south to get the drones, stringing out so they're within 3" of the priest for resurrection. ATB's fall back to the SE quarter, infils cant run and make it to opposing DZ so guerilla tactics over there (pre FAQ, not that it mattered at this point) and scramble, completing that secondary. Priest ress's a SG who appears closer to the drones. Spent my CP on guerilla, so no fall back and shoot on the bikes. Sanguard charge both drones, landing in the SW quarter, knocking one down to 1W (poor rolling vs T7, 9W, 5++, DisRes.) VV's charge the PBC remaining in the NW quarter, knocking it down to 1w. I'm in all 4 quarters and completed scramblers for 13. BA 35 - 14 DG

BAT3 end of Charge Phase

gallery_58096_15972_473472.jpg

DGT3

Holds no objectives. Opponent knows it's over but want to play on. PBC falls back from combat to try to contest the priest and score ascension points, 1w drone does the same, intact drone falls back to west objective to try and score. Opponent forgets Warlords get ObSec in this scenario, so I hold it. Offer to let him redo the moves and maybe shoot into combat, but we lock in the movement. No shooting as everything fell back. BA 35-14 DG

BAT4

I'm holding 3 objectives to 1 for 15 VP's. Infils move out to get LOS on stuff. VV's move to be able to charge the intact drone. ATBs hold east objective. SG move north to the PBC and I res a model killed by the drones. Priest krak grenades the 1W drone, doing nothing. ATB mm's finish it off. Infils quake bolt the PBC, but then 3 rapid firing infils get some auto wounds and it dies. VV's get a long charge and jump over the drone into the SW quarter, SG charge it also lading in the NW, the drone dies easily, and I table my opponent. I'm in 4 quarters for 3VP. BA 53 - 14 DG

BAT5

The game was over but we do my moves to see. I max the primary for another 10 (5+15+15+15) and 45 total. All my WWSWF units are alive, and I get into all 4 quaters for another 3. BA 81 - 14 DG.

Stunning Victory to the Angels of Baal.

King of the Hill

gallery_58096_15972_384864.jpg

BAT4 end of Fight Phase, VV's standing around the hole where the drone used to be.

gallery_58096_15972_407358.jpg

BA Dead Pile.

gallery_58096_15972_130100.jpg

I managed to table my opponent at the end of my Turn 4, however we made my moves for T5 to see how well I could manage to score. With 5 units left on the table, take and hold and engage was scored easily.

Results end of T5:

My Objectives:
Take and Hold - 45
Engage - 11

Deploy Scramblers - 10

WWSWF - 15
Painted - 10
Total - 91

Opponents' Objectives:
T&H - 10
Ascend (Mission) - 1

WWSWF - 0
Domination - 3

Painted - 10
Total - 24

Edited by Xenith

Congratulations on the big win Xenith!

Well played, Xenith! Congratulations!

I second that the Silver Surfer SG looks ace :smile.:

Thanks guys! Also a big fan of the silver SG, might have to do more chrome/silver looking models.

I got some more photos from my opponent showing the view from the other side of the table:

DG Deployment

gallery_58096_15972_124257.jpg

The rapier threatening my Vanguard

gallery_58096_15972_39738.jpg

Turn 2 multicharges: VV's into the Lord, Hellbrute and Rapier, SG's into the PBC and other Hellbrute.

gallery_58096_15972_18027.jpg

Last rolls of the game, the VV and SG mopping up the last Blight Drone, which vindictively blew up with a CP wounding the valiant heroes.

gallery_58096_15972_122128.jpg

Congratulations on the big win Xenith!

Well played, Xenith! Congratulations!

I second that the Silver Surfer SG looks ace :smile.:

Thanks guys! Also a big fan of the silver SG, might have to do more chrome/silver looking models.

I got some more photos from my opponent showing the view from the other side of the table:

DG Deployment

gallery_58096_15972_124257.jpg

The rapier threatening my Vanguard

gallery_58096_15972_39738.jpg

Turn 2 multicharges: VV's into the Lord, Hellbrute and Rapier, SG's into the PBC and other Hellbrute.

gallery_58096_15972_18027.jpg

Last rolls of the game, the VV and SG mopping up the last Blight Drone, which vindictively blew up with a CP wounding the valiant heroes.

gallery_58096_15972_122128.jpg

Biggest loss is the wing of the silver Sanguinary guard ;)

Biggest loss is the wing of the silver Sanguinary guard :wink:

Tell me about it, it literally popped off as I was getting him out of the case for this game, and nobody at the club had brough glue. I thought it was a bad omen...

• 1 month later...

I've been working on my nids mainly, recently, also some bloodbowl, but I did managed to finish off this Land Speeder Storm that's been in a box since about 2013...

gallery_58096_11967_120888.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_231599.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_345859.jpg

Quick and dirty, but gets the job done. This thing is a pain in the ass to assemble, and I'd advise leaving the drivers arm off before glueing him in - I had to rip it off as he won't just slot in nicely, causin a lot of damage to it.

I kept the other scouts spare so I can make a free scout squad with it! Also, it's missing the cerberus launcher. I just forgot to glue it on!