How did you do the inferno pistol on the guys backpack?

It intrigues me to no end.

Heya!

You can see it in grey here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/269697-xba-etl-psycho-tycho-conversion/?p=4680617

Its a cut down part of combi melta from the tactical sprue, and the top half+handle of a melta bomb, with a spare terminator sensor I had lying around - super easy! The hardest bit is cutting down the combi melta and making sure it glues straight.

EDIT:

There's a bunch more shots from different angles in the GBBO - Great Baalite Bake Off thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330682-the-great-baalite-bake-off-2017/?p=4680613

Edited by Xenith

Land raider approaching completion. Getting into the weathering. I think I may leave the tracks black, but muddy them up.

gallery_58096_11967_302188.jpg

Painting between the tracks is an absolute pain in the :censored: , hence you can see lots of red and undercoat poking through. You'll never see it from the table, but I know its there. I've been over it so many times with black paint, nuln oil, thinned abaddon, yet still red. I might cover it all up with fake mud.

And another two models crossed off the list:

Mephison is done

gallery_58096_11797_1043405.jpg

And the Land Raider is also finished

My only photos of the sides of the raider were super blurry, so heres one from the front:

gallery_58096_11967_426550.jpg

Also made progress on the StormHawk - base coat down, black parts masked off and recess shade applied to panel lines.

gallery_58096_11967_168282.jpg

Still 5 tactical marines, the Ancient, Tycho and Raxiatel to go.

• 2 weeks later...

And the addition of my Death Company Chaplain.

gallery_58096_11797_171184.jpg

Xenith, what parts did you use for that Crozius?

That's a vanguard veteran thunder hammer with the hammerhead cut off and replaced with the banner top from the sanguinary guard.

Edited by Xenith

• 4 weeks later...

STOP THE CLOCK!

I'm done. Currently sitting in Geneva Airport uploading these as I wont have time before 1st August, most likely!

4th company 2nd squad:

gallery_58096_14294_95764.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_201179.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_46527.jpg

Shaded and just needing based to finish them for the army.

And the bike captain. Not my best work as I'm pressed for time, but tabletop ready, just lacking washes and highlights.

gallery_58096_11797_737026.jpg

Also some better pics of Tycho: I'vwe gone back and based him, and worked on the ruined face:

gallery_58096_11797_283441.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_691402.jpg

And the banner

gallery_58096_11797_424902.jpg

Thanks for looking, Xen Out!

Edited by Xenith

The Sanguinary Guard biker looks good, but IIRC, that wasn't allowed in the 7th Edition Codex, which explicitly stated all Sanguinary Guards use the same sets of wargear. Is the Sanguinary Guard biker new to the 8th Edition Codex, or did you create your own?

The Sanguinary Guard biker looks good, but IIRC, that wasn't allowed in the 7th Edition Codex, which explicitly stated all Sanguinary Guards use the same sets of wargear. Is the Sanguinary Guard biker new to the 8th Edition Codex, or did you create your own?

Hey Bjorn,

Rules wise he is (was) an artificer armoured captain on a bike - he gets the gold treatment just like Tycho and my other jump captain, and represented Raxiatel of the 6th company who are trained to be entirely bike mounted.

Unfortunately now, bike captains are index only, can no longer take artificer armour, and Raxiatel is dead as of Devastation of Baal, so I'm really not sure what to do with him other than a snazzy centrepiece!

Thanks Charlo! I'm not a good enough sculptor to attempt a mask, so went by the old fluff that an Ork ripped his mask off in his final battle. I dabbled with directly painting half the face gold, like the Adrian Smith painting but it looked odd.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so settling back into normality after the ETL and 3 weeks holiday. Next up will be to get a group shot of everything I painted during ETL, then polish off some details on the biker captain. I also want to paint a company stripe on the StormHawk...it feels a like a big lump of red when viewed from the front right now.

In the meantime, I've started basing those 5 tacticals with Stirland mud. Love that stuff. 

Good job. Are the black stripes on the vehicles unit designations, e.g., to ID the Stormhawk and the Spartan as 3rd Company vehicles?

Hey Bjorn, Good question - all of these vehicles have been permanently seconded to the 4th company and will eventually have the green blood drop icon to show this. The black stripes are more vehicle designation than company. My idea on the Stormhawk was that the flight leader has 3 stripes, the thick one in the middle. His wingmen (if he ever gets any) will be thin thin thick, and thick thin thin respectively, so flying in formation would look like this:

III III III

The yellow stripes on the land raider...I dunno. I'd probably not do these if I was starting over again. 

The real reason behind all of it is that my GF bought me some modelling masking tape of various thickness and I wanted to try them out!

• 1 month later...

Okay, update time!

I've had some terminators that have sat unbased since...they came with Dark Vengeance. I wanted to use the Space Hulk Terminators in 40k, and make another set to be used in space hulk, so I was unsure whether to put these guys on square bases or base them as per my army, and in the end did neither. They have the old peg bases, so I havent glued them in, and they can be removed at will!

gallery_58096_13328_256779.jpg

Not the assault cannon guy.

gallery_58096_13328_182316.jpg

Not Claw-dio

gallery_58096_13328_1069064.jpg

Stealer-bait

gallery_58096_13328_847009.jpg

Majestic

gallery_58096_13328_641791.jpg

Not-Lorenzo

gallery_58096_13328_1138331.jpg

---------------------------------------------

I have also finally got round to shading my biker captain, Raxiatel, and the reliquary on the back of the bike. He has the 6th Co chevron heraldic device on shoulderpad and the shield on the bike

gallery_58096_11797_719058.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_188014.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And back to Primaris. This is the start of an easy build aggressor squad, 9th of the 5th company, rebuilt in the wake of the black crusade.

Back banner because SPESS MEHREENZ!

gallery_58096_14920_596934.jpg

Thanks for looking!