Just read this end to end. Amazing evolution over the years Xenith. Some really great ideas that give me food for thought with blinging up my very old collection of models.

Love the little nods to 2nd ed though. Takes me back

Just read this end to end. Amazing evolution over the years Xenith. Some really great ideas that give me food for thought with blinging up my very old collection of models.

Love the little nods to 2nd ed though. Takes me back

Hey, Code, thank you very much - I'm glad you can take some ideas from what I've done, and flattered you took the time to read the whole thing!

As an aside, I showed my GF my Thunder Hammer Biker Captain, and she exclaimed "Oh, like 'Little Rabbit Foo Foo'?".

I was very confused, then she showed me the following image, from a kids book when she was younger. Warning: Safe for work, but some things, once seen, cannot be unseen.

So now Hammer Bikers are forever tainted for me. In the story, the Rabbit does go on a spree of bopping things on the head with the hammer, which is pretty much what my Captain will do. Maybe he needs a new name.

Edited by Xenith

Power Bat is from the Ravenwing yeah?

Thinking of how cool an entire squad of those would look... HOME RUN.

Haha, yes, I've been wanting a guy with a power baseball bat since I learned about the Angry Marines...

Power Bat is from the Ravenwing yeah?

Thinking of how cool an entire squad of those would look... HOME RUN.

Haha, yes, I've been wanting a guy with a power baseball bat since I learned about the Angry Marines...

I'm seriously tempted to paint my Deathcompany as Angry Marines whenever I think about it.....but I kinda what it to be a serious army....but Angry Marines are cool as heck....such pain! :D

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since an update, so here goes:

5DC in progress, assault marines sprayed and ready

gallery_58096_13031_682031.jpg

I have also learned that I really prefer painting one model at a time as opposed to production lining them.

gallery_58096_13031_323480.jpg

gallery_58096_13031_231316.jpg

gallery_58096_13031_176861.jpg

gallery_58096_13031_38876.jpg

gallery_58096_13031_178910.jpg

The first and last guys here were highlighted in different ways, one with Skavenblight dinge and codex grey (baseball bat guy), the other (bottom) dark reaper and fenrisian grey, a more blue-black scheme. I umm-ed and aah-ed for a while but I think I prefer the white grey. The blue-black is neat, but just doesn't look at brutal as the stark grey highlights.

I'm also experimenting with a new way of painting white chest eagles:

Previous: codex grey base -> nuln oil wash -> ceramite white highlight

New way: celestra grey base -> wash of 50:50 lahmian to drakenhof nightshade -> hghlight with ulthuan grey.

The blue-white will work well on black and gold armoured models, but I don't think it will as well on red ones.