What's making you dither?

Hobby Butterfly Syndrome in general. I've always wanted to paint up some Mentors. Might leave it at just one unit. 

ETL vow coming this week, hopefully. I've not had a free weekend in May so far. 

I've always wanted to paint up some Mentors. Might leave it at just one unit. 

How about making a Mentor unit for the upcoming Killteam game?

^this

Wanted to suggest that as well but then refreshed the tab. :D

This sounds like a good idea - I haven't read much about it. Will check out N&R. Individual marines like the first version, or units like the second?

This sounds like a good idea - I haven't read much about it. Will check out N&R. Individual marines like the first version, or units like the second?

We have basically no information about it yet. Just a random trailer. I really hope it's individual models.

In the meantime: ETL!

I, Xenith, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

5 tactical marines: melta, combi melta, power sword

Chaplain: Inferno pistol, jump pack

Captain: Thunderhammer, twin bolter, combi grav (modelled as master crafted bolter on bike)

Mephiston, Lord of Death

Tycho the Lost

Primaris Ancient

Land Raider Proteus

Storm Hawk interceptor: 2x assault cannons, Typhoon missile launcher, las talon

of total value 1216 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_58096_11765_694829.jpg

The Land raider has only had spray basecoats - black, then red after the tracks were masked. Hopefully this is acceptable. Characters are sprayed black, apart from Tycho the lost. Stormhawk is on sprue in the box.

Unorthodox approach to Chaplain' helmet, but the 'steel' mask looks very good!

Could you also make a close-up of Vitarion? Always good to see custom Mephy.

Lots of great little conversions there!

Edited by Majkhel

Heya thanks! This was inspired by the old BA artwork of the chaplain sloshing a grail around, I think he had a mask of sorts - the silver is just as I didn't want another blank gold face, and I quite like it!

Looking good! Any advice on how you made that death mask? Just cut both heads in half and mash the together?

Thanks! Yup, pretty much that, cut off the front of the mask with clippers, being careful not to damage the crest details, then cut off the back of the normal head and file it flat and down until it sits nicely. Then use enough poly cement to join any gaps, but to not splodge onto any detail. I have one with metal needle applicator. 

Chaplain Diabocca looks AWESOME! Is he an original character, or was he introduced in the 8th Edition Codex or other recent work?

Cheers man, high praise! Diabocca is my own creation, made in the Great Baalite Bake Off last year, and only just painted, loosely based off a few pieces of GW BA artwork. 

Been putting some work into my doodz - the banner waver is complete, minus the banner, that will take some work.

Land raider has been named "Tyrant's Bane" and is nearing completion.

No additional work on Raxiatel or Notsihpem...

So I finally broke out the stormhawk I've had for at least a year. Relatively complex model to build, but all of the weapons are naturally swappable without magnets, so well done to the designer!

gallery_58096_11967_593931.jpg

As of now, the main body of the bird is fully glued, and in sub assemblies for ease of painting. I just have to think of some ways to Blood-Angelify it.

As of now, the main body of the bird is fully glued, and in sub assemblies for ease of painting. I just have to think of some ways to Blood-Angelify it.

Can you take some press molds of the Baal kit sponsons/icons to cast some out of green stuff?

There are also some good bits on the BA dreadnought kit, although a few of them are on curved surfaces (whereas most of the stormhawk is 'flat').

If you have some spare BA upgrade kits you could also try using half a chalice/grail for the apothecary. 

Can you take some press molds of the Baal kit sponsons/icons to cast some out of green stuff?

There are also some good bits on the BA dreadnought kit, although a few of them are on curved surfaces (whereas most of the stormhawk is 'flat').

If you have some spare BA upgrade kits you could also try using half a chalice/grail for the apothecary. 

Thats a nice idea about the half chalices. I might steal it for my razorback, I have a couple I never used :D

All good ideas - I have a bunch of press moulds already, as well as all the other BA bling I've accumulated. I just need to go through and work out what won't burn up on atmospheric entry!

So Psycho Tycho has been progressing. The model stalled for a while as I wasn't confident enough to sculpt the broken wing, or the bloodied stump with the BA wing ornament, however studying the Adrian Smith artwork in the codex game me the idea to have a stylised representation of the blood drops with blood drop gems:

gallery_58096_11797_118633.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_523329.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_415874.jpg

Tycho has now been undercoated and is ready to go.

As I posted in the BA outpost, the StormHawk is in progress. The kit is one of the more fiddly that I've worked with, however all the guns are essentially plug and play, with no magnets required. They're already pretty snug, and will be an even tighter fit with a layer of paint.

Hawk

gallery_58096_11967_593931.jpg

Las Talon

gallery_58096_11967_1701116.jpg

Storm cannon

gallery_58096_11967_396938.jpg

Thanks for looking!

As requested in the BA outpost by method of "pics or it didnt happen", here's the rest of the guys I'm working on, bar Raxiatel and the Tactical Squad.

Primaris Ancient:

gallery_58096_11797_38752.jpg

Mephison:

gallery_58096_11797_107740.jpg

Psycho Tycho:

gallery_58096_11797_367243.jpg

Land Raider:

gallery_58096_11967_1150759.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_34982.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_237206.jpg

Dat Mephiston conversion ! looks really nice, GZ. Since I'm done with my Dante and Lemartes conversions, now I'm looking to do a Sanguinor and a Mephiston.

Thanks muchly - parts list:

Sanguinary priest

ravenwing spatula sword

space wolf shouty head

death co plasma pistol arm

death co shoulderpads andbackpack.

Guitar wire. 

Green stuff hair

Furioso dread wrist/groin armour for the collar

If I was to redo it, I'd probably take some oversized gloves from the Khorne Berzerker sprue to emulate the older model more.