Nice work! How big a force you got now?

Good question! The very first post has a list of all my painted models, while the pile of shame thread has all the unpainted! The amount of "made but not painted" blood angels is about 10 sniper scouts!

Edit:

After a quick count it's about 5500pts fully painted,and before upgrades

Edited by Xenith

Good question! The very first post has a list of all my painted models, while the pile of shame thread has all the unpainted! The amount of "made but not painted" blood angels is about 10 sniper scouts!

Edit:

Impressive! I need to count mine up one of these days - I might surprise myself!

Edit:

Impressive! I need to count mine up one of these days - I might surprise myself!

Surprise/Horror. One of the two :D

I'm going to have to get a full squad photo when I get the highlights on my last lot of tacticals done.

• 2 weeks later...

After finishing most of the Baal, I got back to work on Kaspar, including a little freehand:

gallery_58096_12427_472907.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_469598.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_296044.jpg

The chapter symbol became much larger than I thought, and rather than constrain or cut it off, I thought I would just extend it around the shoulder. I'm going to try and be a bit more...'arty' with the BA. I'm still looking for ways to push myself. This is the largest freehand piece I've done, and I think it turned out ok, I pretty much did it in one go after studying how the other angel wings on the carapace were sculpted.

I also painted the magnagrapple skavenblight dinge, which is about the colour of ferrite magnets, and tried some Luthermax style blending on the red saltires to add some depth. I think they turned out ok also.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Xenith

Thank ye!

Not much time for painting this weekend and only managed some highlights on Kaspar's shin armour.

Looking at some of the threads, I'm thinking of making the second assault squad in my company foot based, with a rhino/pod - does anyone have experience/fluff stickiness about what to equip their squads with in a full company?

• 2 weeks later...

So, my entry in the Great Baalite Bake Off:

Captain Raxiatel of the 6th Company, Caller of the Fires

gallery_58096_11797_402234.jpg

As you can see, there's a few wings on him. I count 17 in total.

This was the most intensive kitbash I've done in a while, and it was pretty rewarding, thanks to Jole for organising, and I look forward to the next one I enter into the GBBO.

Edited by Xenith