Great work with additions, must have been lots of fun to build. 
Love the wings on the lascanons obviousy - a nice nod towards the Baal Predator kit only upped a bit as befitting a relic of this magnitude. But all those additional skulls, wings, eagles and pennants add a lot to the baroque-gothic feel of 40k. Excellent job!.

I'm all for Superlative :D

Why not Bastion of perfection! =P

Really nice model!

That works also, I'll add to the list.

Great work with additions, must have been lots of fun to build.

Love the wings on the lascanons obviousy - a nice nod towards the Baal Predator kit only upped a bit as befitting a relic of this magnitude. But all those additional skulls, wings, eagles and pennants add a lot to the baroque-gothic feel of 40k. Excellent job!.

I'm all for Superlative :biggrin.:

Thanks, the goal was to make it almost monastery like, like a rolling pulpit for the captain. Superlative is a contender!

It's a command tank, why not Bastion of Authority?

This works, though I want some aspect of the BA's ego in there too,

You’ve been busy! Nice to see all the custom touches you’re adding to the force :smile.:

Thanks!

Oh that landraider is awesome mate nice one. Looking forward to seeing it painted

Thanks, I'll get some pics up soon. Had a mishap with Retributor armour spray, though.

I forgot to take some pics of the assault squad once they were based and weathered a touch, so had a little photoshoot last night:

gallery_58096_12971_48032.jpg

Engine glow with contrasts:

gallery_58096_12971_102774.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_10729.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_36719.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_52428.jpg

I almost swapped out this blade for the same one as on the other eviscerator as I wasn't happy with it, but decided ti try hazard stripes on it first - I think this looks way better than the flat black version.

gallery_58096_12971_24069.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_59827.jpg

And some close-ups of the inscriptions, I'm really running out of ideas, but hopefully they'll give someone who looks closely at the models a giggle.

gallery_58096_12971_120603.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_8909.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_38983.jpg

gallery_58096_12971_42369.jpg

I had a bit of a disaster last weekend that I've not quitecome to terms with - a can of retributor armour has pretty much destroyed my Excelsior. I have no idea what happened, but it seems to have melted and pitted the surface somewhat. It might have been that the can was too close, however I basecoated in sub-assemblies and all other paints went on fine. I've not had this happen in memory. I'm a bit gobsmacked and disheartened to be honest, and not sure how to proceed, whether to try and strip the tank and start again, or soldier on. Pics below. Has anyone experienced this, and is it actual melting/damage to the plastic, or might it come off if I strip the model? The solvent in the paints is acetone, which I'm figuring has done the melting.

gallery_58096_11967_684641.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_631572.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_646862.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_760641.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_716253.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_118646.jpg

All I can think is to ask if it was a new full can of paint. I've had other spray issues with spray paint not shaken up enough to mix the propellent and paint. Some times came out watery if I  remember.  If the plastic is ruined I don't know you may want to buy a whole new take body or cover it with battle damage. I moved away from spray paint primer and color for an airbrush due to ruining a Marauder Destroyer due to humidity.  
I can't say I have heard of paint eating plastic but leaving bumps, I've seen that but can't say for sure why it sometimes does that. 

That could definitely be something to do with it - it's  relatively new can, but has been used before, albeit not in a while. I thought I'd shaken it up enough. I'm thinking maybe the acetone was what caused the damage, which would fit with the not shaken enough story, maybe. But I thought I'd done it enough.

My Land Raider Exelcior also had parts badly melted but that was me accidentally leaving them left to the stove.

I've had spray paint disasters but the melting ones were decades ago and I was too inexperianced to learn any fixes. Last time I had weird residue left behind a few years ago it came off with a toothbrush and washing up liquid but this looks worse than that.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Not wanting to think about the Excelsior for a while, I found 3 on sprue Outrider bikes for £20 and snapped them up. I have 3 from the Indo set, but at £29 for the Outrider Chaplain model, I'm just going to make my own for 1/3 the cost -  Thankfully I have spare Reiver helmets which should make the conversion a cinch.

Edited by Xenith

Honestly, if you hadn’t circled everything it wouldn’t be that noticeable. Finish the painting, add some weathering and battle damage if you want to disguise the areas you’re not happy with (and weathering really finishes tanks off).

It’ll still look great :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the SM codex, maybe against my better judgement, I have a feeling it'll be outdated by next summer when GW relesases a new Primaris 'Chamber'. Still, BA are my Primary army so need some table time.

Lexicanum Varus finally arrived and I got to assembling him. I was already aware of the horrible foot-ankle-joint, so had the GS ready to cover it up. I really wanted to have him looking to the right in a proper darth vader 'join me' pose, but the head sculpt won't allow it, and the psychic hood is too narrow to let me get a terminaor helmet in there after assembly...so stock he is...with the addition of a BA TDA shoulderpad.

gallery_58096_11797_57675.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_274710.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_86719.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_47183.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_53981.jpg

And thanks for the assembly comments.

No worries - I glued the 2 part torso together first, but if you kept them apart, behind the head is a flat plate, you could cut away the plate at back of the head then push a helmet in from behind, if that makes sense? Otherwise, normal trimming of the neck part of a different bare marine head would be fine if you wanted him looking to the left, however I wanted to keep the original models head and didnt fancy cutting it up...just in case. 

I wasn't 100% happy with how...barren my Flesh Eaters looked, so I went back and started playing with some insignia and weathering on the Reiver Serge, which will set the tone for the unit:

gallery_58096_16283_16372.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_45705.jpg

I decided on 2nd company for these guys, a nice little yellow accent. It was hard not to go with 3rd company, but then the only detailing wold have been in white. The Angels Sanguine are 3rd Co, with the Co undecided for the Flesh Tearers. It was super tempting to have them all as 2nd/3rd Co. and then just give them the normal squad markings to make some kind of Primaris Super Friends Crusade Company.

Edited by Xenith