The power maul and storm bolter dude looks so.. over the top, I love it.  "Get closer!  I want to club them to death with my oversized gun!"

Haha, indeed, it's a huge storm bolter - one of my favourite GW models, actually, i'm glad to be painting him at last.

On another note, I'm super excited by the BA releases, and they have swayed me to the Angel's side in the HH setting, after dithering between Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors and Blood Angels for a long time. 

Sanguinius will be a must have. I don't know whether I can give £80 for the background book, but maybe for a Birthday. Crimson Paladins also look ace. 

Once I finish up this BA company, you might see more heretical stuff from me. 

I may be alone in this but Sanguinius does nothing for me.. I was hoping for something more on the lines of this, bulky and badass:

gallery_60983_8363_57140.jpg

Instead they went for the Celestine-esque feminine aesthetic and gold armor which does absolutely nothing for me. Sorry to crap on your thread with this but I thought I'd share, you and I often have similar tastes.

I got a little more of Squad Jovor done today (instead of FoB...I'll get right on that). Base colours down and the first wash really brings them together. Next step is re-assembling them, and then getting the highlights down.

gallery_58096_15071_227433.jpg

gallery_58096_15071_69601.jpg

gallery_58096_15071_369574.jpg

gallery_58096_15071_172246.jpg

gallery_58096_15071_158578.jpg

Photos are a little washed out due to my light source, but these guys are pretty much there. Then I want to make something bigger...

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Squad Jovor is 95% there, I've only highlighted the lower halves so I could get them based properly. I'll go back and finish them off sometime!

Sergeant Jovor:

gallery_58096_15071_44538.jpg

gallery_58096_15071_1192776.jpg

The banner is supposed to be an armoured fist crushing a planet. Something something brought a world to it's knees, something something overwhelming force. You get the drill.

Cant have Squad Jove without amplified gravity:

gallery_58096_15071_260322.jpg

I needed to do something to make this guy stand out. Servoskull auspex it is!

gallery_58096_15071_41442.jpg

The religious fanatic of the group, embellished with reliquary and devotional take away menus.

EDIT: Totally forgot I hadnt gone over the ribbed pipes on his chest again and the red is showing through. I'll get right on that! And the splotch of red on the base.

gallery_58096_15071_209806.jpg

And the last Tony Montana Marine.

gallery_58096_15071_65850.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Xenith

SGT Jovor is well done.

The banner is supposed to be an armoured fist crushing a planet. Something something brought a world to it's knees, something something overwhelming force.

Then there should be cracks in the planet pictured- maybe broken pieces of continental plates, sent flying from the force applied- for dramatic effect.

SGT Jovor is well done.

The banner is supposed to be an armoured fist crushing a planet. Something something brought a world to it's knees, something something overwhelming force.

Then there should be cracks in the planet pictured- maybe broken pieces of continental plates, sent flying from the force applied- for dramatic effect.

Oh yes, that's the next stage - once I decide on the final colour, but cracks for sure :happy.:

Lovely characters! That skull-auspex is almost like one of John Blanche's ideas <3 Only not nearly enough strings and cables coming out of it :biggrin.:

Haha, yes, more cables next time! This was a super fast conversion to make him different.

So a little work over the weekend: A Sicaran Venator and another OldSchool predator, this time of the Baal Variety.

I've had the Venator for a while, a Christmas present to myself in 2016, however I never had the courage to make it. I was very wrong. This thing went together faster than a rhino, with the only warping on the sponson rings - email sent to FW for replacements.

gallery_58096_11967_260531.jpg

Next up, I bought some Baal Pred metal parts on ebay ages ago, so it's time to make another retro predator. I'd really want to use this in HH games, however I cannot bring myself to magnetise the metal sponsons, so this will be fixed loadout. Next plastic pred I get will be of the 5x assault cannon variety, for laughs.

The size of the assault cannons is a bit tricky, they're year 2000 era and huge, so I'm having to raise the turret ring a little so they do not clash with the eventual driver's hatches that will go to the front.

gallery_58096_11967_585451.jpg

Edited by Xenith

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates - the replacement sponson rings on the sicaran have been received and they look great. I hadn't initially planned on magnetising this sucker, but them temptation to have the 3x heavy bolter loadout is too high.

I'm still dithering on the old pred. I really want to use in in HH games, however it would have assault cannon sponsons there, so I might break off the heavy Bolters and magnetise them in with alternative assault cannons from the storm talon ones left over after the stormhawk build.

I also went crazy and treated myself to Shadowspear. Mainly for the Chaos, however I'm liking all the infiltrating goodness.

Still worth considering magnetising the sponsors. iirc the guns come away from the part that makes them swivel, so it should be easy to pop a magnet in there. I'm considering doing similar with my old Predator, however it's an Annihilator so it requires more turner work (should probably just go on eBay and look for a metal Destructor part tbh...)

Oh, and thanks for the Deathmask idea ;)

The Sicaran Venator: The tank so nice, they named it twice!

Taking more hobby time this week, I finally got my Venator magnetised. Normally I hate magnetising stuff, and do it sparingly, however for such an expensive mode, I took the time, using this Scattered Dice Gaming Sicaran Magnetising Tutorial.

The blog made it super easy, and some corners were cut on my part to enable modularity, like not attaching the lower cables, but I think it turned out well.

gallery_58096_11967_625079.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_202018.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_977364.jpg

This is maybe the most complex model I've made in a while, if not the biggest. That said, the main hull including cutting, filing, etc went together faster than the Rhino chassis I made for the Baal Pred. The Sicaran was a joy to make, so kudos to Forge World!

Next up is applying greenstuff detailing to these. As I want them for 30k also, I'll be avoiding sticking too many bits of paper to them, keeping them to bass reliefs, sculpting, etc.

Edited by Xenith

:wub: 

Fantastic model to have in the army, congratulations on assembly completion! 

And I see some more work done on the Aggressor in the background :smile.:

Haha, thanks! And that cheeky aggressor has been on my desk for a while, until I decide what chapter to do my Primaris as. For the moment I'm still leaning towards BA as the model support doesn't scream Flesh Tearer to me...

• 4 weeks later...

I just need to work out a solution for a swappable pintle assault cannon/storm bolter on the Baal Predator, and then I have 2 tanks ready for the ETL. I have so much more in boxes and I'd like to contribute as much as I can - There's a Deredeo that should be a rapid build, and I also have the Space Marine Command tanks, but I'm intimidated by them!

That said, I think I was waiting to get my hands on the old school BA land raider/rhino doors/glacis before I started them, which I now have, so I can crack on.

I might use the opportunity to paint up my Dark Imperium HQ choices also...

So my big FW order arrived:

• Sanguinius
  • Scenic Base
  • Multimelta Pack
  • BA Legion Heads
  • BA Transfer Sheet
  • Malevolence

Malevolence is great already, although I wish it went into more detail with the BA heraldry and unit designations. From what I can see they totally bypass the coloured helms issue, and the only assault marine they feature has a silver helm honorific, which is a bit of a cop out.

That said, I had no idea I'd get the Sicaran Punisher rules in here. That's one sexy tank.

gallery_58096_11765_687622.jpg