Decent enough in 40k too:

* 36", Heavy 18, STR 5, AP -1, D 1

I think the gun has the same stats in HH, stay still and the big gun gets rending, which is tasty. Add 3 heavy bolters to that and you're onto a winner. 

Maybe after I paint all my other FW stuff...

That bit is a re-roll of 1s if it stays still and given my last game*, I'm not surprised I overlooked it :facepalm:

I forgot my Scorpius could fire twice if it stayed still...

That bit is a re-roll of 1s if it stays still and given my last game*, I'm not surprised I overlooked it :facepalm:

That's a bit of a shame as it overlaps with the captain aura. 

Rereading some of the I:A stuff, there are plenty of tasty models! Can't wait to get my Deredeo built, although I'm thinking the Hellfire Cannonade might be more effective than the Anvilus...a straight 3 damage is insane,

Edited by Xenith

So with ETL fast approaching and a bunch of unmade plastic monsters lurking in my closet, time to build more stuff!

I've had the Command Tanks since about 2016, however the desire to do a good job with them paralysed me. Now I have my FW original BA stuff, I can give them the justice they deserve. First up, the Rhino Primaris (not that kind of Primaris...)

gallery_58096_11967_585737.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_934399.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_834642.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_18278.jpg

Minimal additional modification or conversion, this model is pretty awesome right out of the box. Just the Angel icon on the back. This will be a damocles/command rhino stand in in 30k also, so not too many scrolls, parchments, seals, etc, and will have the more black/red colour scheme of my HH era compatible models, as opposed to my white/red 40k Angels.

I just hope ETL allows index units this year!

If it doesn't, you should be able to counts as them as a suitable replacement. For example, the Excelsior could be an Achilles as it's the closest in points, the Primaris could be a Damocles or something else.

Yes, that's what I was hoping - I'd figured Primaris-> Damocles, but thanks for the Exelsior-> Achilles idea! The Exelsior is a beast at about 500pts by itself, should be a good leg up in the ETL

I just have to work out whether they get painted red or gold. I'm really leaning towards gold+silver with red accents. 

Edited by Xenith

Really wish you hadn't said that. I was all up for painting my Excelsior red - even got it undercoated white - and now you've made me doubt my choice...

I think what is going to tip the balance is that there's nothing on it to mark it as BA - hence red is the more obvious choice. (I also have plans for a gold one using a third party extra armour kit)

The kitbashed Command Rhino is well done.

Oh man, I wish they were kitbashed, but they're official GW models!

http://www.tabletopencounters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Space-Marine-HQ-Command-Tanks.jpg

Really wish you hadn't said that. I was all up for painting my Excelsior red - even got it undercoated white - and now you've made me doubt my choice...

I think what is going to tip the balance is that there's nothing on it to mark it as BA - hence red is the more obvious choice. (I also have plans for a gold one using a third party extra armour kit)

Hngh, I really, really wanted the FW extra armour upgrades up put on the command raider, however I think the snazzy front side plates etc won't fit the FW extra armour pack, so didnt pull the trigger in the end. 

I have a can of retributor armour paint just waiting for me to use. I'll be adding a lot more BA iconography, and the gold hull will be accented with white wings on the cupola and grav cannon cowling - it'll look like a fat Sanguinary Guardian. 

So I decided to hold off on the Exelsior because of Jolemai's pretty extra armour pics. I really want this tank to look the best it can.

In the meantime, I started slicing up a Betrayal at Calth Contemptor...

gallery_58096_12427_101710.jpg

Ball joints at the hips

gallery_58096_12427_220165.jpg

Shaved down the fingers to make them look like the talons.

gallery_58096_12427_67369.jpg

Green stuff assault cannon in the fist (counts as combi bolter in 40k)

gallery_58096_12427_607862.jpg

Chest piece and new head

gallery_58096_12427_744825.jpg

All this while his brother sits in the bath...

gallery_58096_12427_594739.jpg

Waiting for the GS ball joints to cure, then will start on posing.

Edited by Xenith

So as part of my ETL prep, these are my current offerings/built but unpainted models:

Sicaran Venator: pew pew snazzgun, two lascannon sponsons, heavy bolter - 305

Baal Predator: Twin assault cannons, heavy bolter sponsons, storm bolter - 156

Damocles command rhino: Storm bolter - 122

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: 2x dreadnought power fists, 2x storm bolters - 219

Total 802pts

In the works is a Land Raider Exelsior 2x twin lascannon, gravcannon and amp counts as Land Raider Achilles: 2x twin multimeltas, quad launcher - 423

So instead of doing FoB stuff I put together that dread. Initially I didnt want to magnetise, but Contemptors are expensive to get another for a second loadout, so this guy has all the options:

gallery_58096_12427_332920.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_551763.jpg

He still needs more BA iconography, and I'm thinking a tilt shield to cover up those weak points on the shoulder joint.

In other news, I'm still trying to decide what Chapter to go with for my Primaris Project. I love Flesh Tearers, however I feel that Primaris units don't match their modus operandi. I also love the Mentors/Mentor Legion, and feel that Primaris really shine with a bright, noble colour scheme. So I painted up a test model.

gallery_58096_15459_267072.jpg

I'm not decided yet. I also have a 30k mk 4 model that I'll be painting up as a Flesh Tearer for a Siege/Scoring era force. FT's will really go well with the Mk4, bonding stud, heavily weathered vibe. There's also a little fluff snippet where the Flesh Eaters were being massacred by Eldar until some Mentors stepped in, turning the tide. Might well base a force round this... Only problem is getting the bright Flesh Eater red.

Well considering your only issue with Flesh Tearer Primaris is the currently avaliable units I don't think that's a legit reason not to start them if you can still wait.

That being said I think the Flesh Tearers colour scheme looks a lot better than the Mentors colour scheme on your test models. :P

Ahem... etl?

I actually quite like the green and white but having painted 60 odd biel tan Eldar in the 90s... white is not a lot of fun at scale. :-)

• 4 months later...

Hi all, long time no see!

It's been a long rocky few months involving changes in relationship status, job, and resident country, but I'm starting to settle down a little and think about toy soldiers again.

To that end, it was my birthday recently and I'm a sucker for Terminators so I did a thing:

gallery_58096_11765_588021.jpg

I got super lucky with these, getting at least 2 of all the normal dudes...and this guy:

gallery_58096_11765_685606.jpeg

gallery_58096_11765_355223.jpeg

I was over the moon, until I opened the second box and pulled this guy:

gallery_58096_11765_530398.jpeg

Then my geller fields failed and I got sucked into the warp.

I'll likely sell or trade away the doubles, maybe keeping 1 - 2 of the interesting poses. I'd really consider these boxes great value. I picked them up for Edited by Xenith