Differences of the Successors - Update Project - DoC

Grand Master Belial

I originally wrote this at the end of 2007 after the previous codex came out and the Frater of that time wanted more information about their beloved successors. As one who liked to write science fiction for fun, I took to the boards with my own interpretation of each of the Successors and allowed the community to shape them into what became the original article that has since been added to the Librarium. Now it is 2013, little more than five years has passed and a new Codex has come out. With it, the canon for the Successors have intentionally been kept to a minimum to let us the gamers add the missing details with our creative imaginations. Now all of us here have our area of the hobby we enjoy more than the others, be it gaming, painting, converting or writing narratives. For those that enjoy other aspects of the hobby besides creative writing and would like to know more about the Successors, I present this UNOFFICIAL background to you for your use. Take from it what you like, discard what you don't. Use this as a framework to add more depth to your Successor and enjoy!

THE DISCIPLES OF CALIBAN

An enigmatic Chapter made to chase after an enigmatic character. The Disciples of Caliban has been tailored by the DA for a singular purpose, to find and capture the most notorious of the Fallen Dark Angels.

HOME WORLD

The Disciples of Caliban is based off of a number of fleets made up entirely of some of the fastest and most sophisticated ships constructed. Only the ships of the Grey Knights and some members of the Inquisition are more advanced. When necessary, the ships of the The Unforgiven Chapters work collectively to assist in the recruitment for the Disciples of Caliban. Those that pass the most rigorous of tests are transported to one of the Disciples’ Battle Barges to begin their training.

COMBAT DOCTRINE

The Disciples of Caliban is primarily a quick strike force, focusing on getting to grips with a small group of individuals or even a lone person. However, they are not above a protracted engagement if it serves to complete their mission. To this end it is rather rare for the Disciples to employ a large number of tanks.

ORGANIZATION

The Disciples of Caliban does not follow the company organization of the Codex Astartes like the rest of the Unforgiven Chapters. Due to their highly specialized nature, they are divided into ten Quick Strike Forces. Each force is a Company size unit reflecting a tenth of what is found in a Chapter. The 1st squad is made up of Terminators, while the 10th squad is made up of scouts. The 3rd-5th Squads adjust their role between Tactical, Assault & Devastator as the mission dictates.

What confuses many outside the Unforgiven is that as Strike Forces join together; their units blend to make a larger unit that takes on a typical Codex chapter appearance. This is very common when one known as the Voice of the Emperor becomes present in a given system. Anywhere from three to all ten Strike Forces will descend upon the system in an effort to capture the one Voice.

BELIEFS

While many in the Disciples of Caliban do not know the full extent of what they are chasing, they do know that they are chasing some of the most dangerous traitors to the Imperium; ones that continue to defy the Imperium and sow dissention wherever they go.

Only the Inner Circle knows that they were once called brothers.

BATTLECRY

“Strike Hard! Strike Fast!”

Time to update this venerable old document to take into account some changes from the new Codex. But I will let the Frater to suggest any modifications or additions. I left the photos out for the moment so I could see some painted models.

• 3 weeks later...

Added Legal

I originally wrote this at the end of 2007 after the previous codex came out and the Frater of that time wanted more information about their beloved successors. As one who liked to write science fiction for fun, I took to the boards with my own interpretation of each of the Successors and allowed the community to shape them into what became the original article that has since been added to the Librarium. Now it is 2013, little more than five years has passed and a new Codex has come out. With it, the canon for the Successors have intentionally been kept to a minimum to let us the gamers add the missing details with our creative imaginations. Now all of us here have our area of the hobby we enjoy more than the others, be it gaming, painting, converting or writing narratives. For those that enjoy other aspects of the hobby besides creative writing and would like to know more about the Successors, I present this UNOFFICIAL background to you for your use. Take from it what you like, discard what you don't. Use this as a framework to add more depth to your Successor and enjoy!

To be fair to Belial i was in a rush so i skimmed it on the intention of returning to read it properly and was commenting of the information i had read, so apologies for the confusion ive brought. 

I do bear some of the fault. This is five years old. The Librarium has been closed for about two years now. We have had new members join who didn't know that this was fan made.

Octavulg helped me put it into the Librarium so he knows the nature of it and wanted me to remind everyone that this is not canon to avoid embarrassment for the person that quotes it thinking it is canon when it only exists here.

Archived