Battle Brothers April 2013

Captain Idaho

So who's going?

Me and sgt campbell are going this year, with DA for my partner and either Necrons or Ultramarines for my other list. Can't decide yet.

The benefits of Ultramarines with DA is we are Battle Brothers on the allies matrix, but the Necrons and DA combination we have is fiendish! Sure we might roll a 1 when we're with 6" but then we have devised lists which are going to work together by operating on different sides of the table.

Anyway, post here if you're going!

I'm curious as to what combination could be so fiendish as to get past the 'allies can't score' downside - so what have you cooked up!? :)

Me and my mates are going to the Battle Brother's in 5 days, so April depend on how we feel about the new format and how flush we are... really enjoy doubles though, it's a great laugh. At least this event will let us see what kind of armies people are taking, when it was 750/750 I felt it was a little harder to 'game' than it is now, I'm betting there will be one or two teams with a Throne of Skulls/Tournament 1,500.

We're trying to split things up as much as possible, even my mates who are running 'Double' chaos have taken a HQ each and troops - it's a Word Bearers/Iron Warriors split so looks quite cool, should be effective too with double Heldrake.

What were you thinking of for Ultramarines and Dark Angels? I think the Ultramarines bring Nullzone, cheaper Vindicators and cheaper flyers (not to mention Honour Guard and cheap TH/SS termies).

I'm hitting this weekend with my Ultra's and my friends GK terminators (last time we took Chaos and Daemons... felt a little 'cheesy' to say the least - Screamers and Flamers, 'nuff said.

Archived