Father Mapple's Blood Suns Chapter Work Log

Father Mapple

• 1 month later...

Finished the first group of terminators! Except for basing. 

I didn't do any edge highlighting on the red, but I was sick of looking at these guys for 2 months. I need a break!

Here's some pictures.

24602396352_221434b3ba_z.jpg

24424654380_603bc7dd47_z.jpg

24424655940_b9560e8c0b_z.jpg

24693970546_fb155e71b1_z.jpg

24693971506_0823554a7b_z.jpg

24693972366_0d73151bc0_z.jpg

24626682401_52bd96699a_z.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome, whether just flattery or actual constructive advice!

I'm doing some terrain for now. I'm moving to a house in 2 weeks, which will give me a dedicated hobby and gaming area, so I'm looking forward to gaming more as I can leave things out and get stuff done when I have time to come to it. 

On other models, I've used the flesh tearer symbol, but painted the saw blade the red or white of a sun, and the blood drop black, white, or red as appropriate. It's on some of the sternguard and death company. But it's not on every model. I've left the shoulders on the terminators blank because I'm still holding out for a reissue if the flesh tearer transfer sheet, or some small enough brass etchings so I don't have to free hand it. When I do free hand, I leave the blades off the saw.

Good work on getting them done, they look great! I like the pose on the flamer guy.

Finished the first group of terminators! Except for basing. 

I didn't do any edge highlighting on the red, but I was sick of looking at these guys for 2 months. I need a break!

tell me about it. I bit off more than I could chew with 16 termies, doing highlights and all, and lost motivation.

From now on, no more than 5 termies at a time, or 10 other models. 

Edited by Xenith

On other models, I've used the flesh tearer symbol, but painted the saw blade the red or white of a sun, and the blood drop black, white, or red as appropriate. It's on some of the sternguard and death company. But it's not on every model. I've left the shoulders on the terminators blank because I'm still holding out for a reissue if the flesh tearer transfer sheet, or some small enough brass etchings so I don't have to free hand it. When I do free hand, I leave the blades off the saw.

Ah, that's a good way to reuse the resources. :yes:

Thanks for the positive comments! 

@Xenith - yeah, the flamer guy has a bit of a "Is this thing on? Is it set to cook heretics, or just sear them?" look to it now that I've gone back. 

@Pcm979 - I can freehand a blood drop, or a circle, but making the edges of the saw look sharp is hard for me, control wise. The edges of those brass etchings helps a lot. 

• 1 month later...

Ok... house is moved, and gaming/hobby area is setup in the garage. Even with Texas sized hail and the threat of tornadoes like today, I'd rather game in the garage and leave the car outside. :tongue.:

I finished the Arcane Ruins set as a "palette cleanser" and that felt good. Grey primer, heavy agrax earthshade wash, grey dry brush, light grey drybrush highlight. DONE!

So I cast my eye over my items, and I couldn't quite bear doing another 12 terminators yet. Or even 5 right now. So I'm digging through the list of things and I found the following:

1 metal venerable dreadnought

1 self kit-bashed and converted librarian dreadnought

1 Assault on Black Reach Dreadnought with converted 2nd close combat fist with talons made out of lightning claw blades.

1 unmade librarian dreadnought from current kit in bits

1 forgeworld chaplain dreadnought with infernus flamer (S6 AP3) which will be a good counts-as frag cannon, but the dreadnought needs a left combat arm. 

1 current blood angels dreadnought kit from the deathstorm box I'll turn into a magnetizable "normal" furioso or death company dreadnought. If I leave the arms as push ons, I got enough arms to switch between white and red arms to meet the color scheme

2 old metal furioso arms, and extra random "normal" dreadnought arms which need to be brought up to current painting standards.

So 4 dreadnoughts to finish assembling and making more blood angely, and a whole mess of arms. I could get a 5th in bits if I just got another set of body pieces that are where arms go on. Maybe I'll search on eBay for bits...

Any melee based dreadnought will get smoke launchers, as well as dreadnoughts that could be "normal" ones. So only dedicated furiosos and the chaplain dreadnought (which with arms swaps could be a death co or furioso dread), will get magna grapples. 

Also, I need help, brethren. First: I also have a Contemptor in resin without arms and the plastic Betrayal at Calth contemptor that I am not sure about because I want to use one or the other for a 30k ultramarine project to make Telemechrus. I got tons of bits to bling even an ultramarine dreadnought out. Do you all have ideas for which is better for Blood Angels or suggested load outs in 40k? Then the other can be Telemechrus. I'm tempted to use the plastic one as Telemechrus as additional ornamentation wouldn't make him harder to use in the Calth boardgame.

Second: The assembly is started. I'll probably only paint 2 dreadnoughts at the same time if they have the same basic colors. So the Death Company dread and the chaplain will be painted together, the two librarians at the same time, etc..  WHICH two do I paint first? For reference, I have the ones already seen in this thread: a close combat contemptor, a death company dread from the old metal furioso, and a venerable dreadnought being used as a furioso. Now that I make that list, I'm missing librarian dreadnoughts... Give me your suggestions!

I'll post WIP pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Here's the promised pictures!

Workstation shot

25633096365_b4172811c6_c.jpg

Some of the arms:

25006381413_1091db1ef3_c.jpg

MORE of the arms. The sword one in the middle is the metal terminator captain's sword inside of a plastic venerable fist. The one on the left is using a killa-kan klaw, as I originally was making these for a flesh tearer army. I saw a guy at the GW in Blue Water make a dreadnought for flesh tearers with the buzz saw blades. They were great. I will probably swap the claw for the buzz saw ones after de-orky-fying them later.

25002579134_08b72f568d_c.jpg

This beautiful, wonderful, metal, venerable dreadnought: 

25606925636_4242c38f6a_c.jpg

A dirty AoBR dreadnought conversion. I use him in games where a dreadnought goes on a stormraven as all my stormravens have magnets on the dreadnought hookup, so he lets us know if the raven is transporting a dread. 

25633099865_e4bb51f450_c.jpg

Kit bashed body of a Librarian dradnought made from venerable plastic dreadnought, and Baal Predator bits. 

25006385753_054df80987_c.jpg

25002584584_e0c8d44a34_c.jpg

Chaplain dreadnought with inferno flamer, to be washed in a bath of soap and water soon.

25633102805_ae2c36b83d_c.jpg

BITZ! Another dreadnought in pieces, at least.

25606930466_e834741e0d_c.jpg

25002587874_1f24e63850_c.jpg

I'll probably post a before picture when I get everything assembled and primed. Until then... None shall stay their wrath! :biggrin.:

I would say that in my experience colors dictate what gets paintex next. So if im sick of painting death company marines, i go to either regular marines or veterans with a leader/hero from time to time cause adding flair to onea army is always fun.

So in your case since youve been painting a lot of terminators, i would start with DC dreads or Libby dreads

From a pragmatic and "fun" color wise aspect, I think I'll do the chaplain and death co. The chaplain could be a furioso as well, and the death co dread will be magnetized so it will double as a furioso. Then I'll have the 4 possible furiosos I need for the ArchAngels Company formation. Thanks, guys!

Soo many dreads! So much win!

EDC

I don't know how much winning I'll do with 9 total dreads, but it WILL be tons of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I signed up for this Liberalis challenge. So I'm going to post this here and keep editing it so I don't have to re-edit the formatting and everything when I copy it over from Word or another editor. 

THE BLOOD SUNS

http://bolterandchainsword.com/sm.php?bpe=4F4B4B&bpj=A63C3C&bp=A63C3C&bpc=A63C3C&hdt=A39450&hdm=4F4B4B&hdl=4F4B4B&ey=0BA14C&er=FFFFFF&pip=9E9999&nk=A63C3C&ch=A63C3C&eg=F5EBEB&sk=FFFFFF&abs=A63C3C&bt=7A7676&cod=A63C3C&ull=A63C3C&lk=A63C3C&lll=4F4B4B&lft=4F4B4B&url=A63C3C&rk=A63C3C&lrl=4F4B4B&rft=4F4B4B&slt=FFFFFF&sli=4F4B4B&srt=FFFFFF&sri=4F4B4B&ula=A63C3C&lel=A63C3C&lla=A63C3C&lw=A63C3C&lh=423E3E&ura=A63C3C&rel=A63C3C&rla=A63C3C&rw=A63C3C&rh=423E3E&gr=B0ACAC&rb=423838&nkl=A63C3C&chestl=A63C3C&abdl=A63C3C&hdtl=A39450&hdml=4F4B4B&hdll=4F4B4B&btl=7A7676&codl=A63C3C&erl=FFFFFF&bpl=A63C3C&bpjl=A63C3C&bpel=4F4B4B&bpcl=A63C3C&abdc=B0ACAC&bg=F2EEE1&grid=&

SUMMARY
▪ GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR): Blood Angels
▪ FOUNDING: 3rd
▪ CHAPTER MASTER: Kreios
▪ CHAPTER WORLD: Cruentum
▪ FORTRESS MONASTERY: The Peak
▪ FLAGSHIP: Galleria of Cruentum
▪ MAIN COLORS: Deep Red, black, supernova white, copper for honorifics and awards.
▪ SPECIALTY: Fighting Xenos
▪ BATTLE CRY: 
For Sanguinius! For our Emperor! We Burn bright, and bring the long night upon our foes!
▪ CURRENT STRENGTH: Near 1,100 strong with the scouts, neophytes, and death company factored in.
▪ KNOWN DESCENDANTS: None.
▪ ALLEGIANCE: Loyalist to the Emperor's cause, but suspicious of the High Lords of Terra.

ORIGIN OF THE CHAPTER:
The Chapter was created by a Sanguinary Priest given visions that a figure, wreathed in red, copper, and fire would be the deliverer of the Blood Angels from their curse, and that this figure would come at the end of the Imperium. This figure explained that, just as a star would enlarge and become a supermassive red giant before exploding into a supernova of white hot fury, and then collapse into a black hole that took all things, even light, with it, that the Blood Angels and the Imperium would have their brightest moments before their end, and then collapse into destructive nothingness that only took everything around them with it. Sanguinius's bravest and brightest moment was trying to redeem and then destroy his corrupted brother, and the Emperor's brightest and biggest accomplishment was the moments before the Horus Heresy, so too would the Chapter go if these self destructive tendencies were not quelled.

The Priest shared these visions with only a few, including a chaplain and a few of his company command, and his ideas took hold. A new Founding was being offered near this time, and the Priest saw this as an omen that he should take this opportunity to possibly preserve the Chapter for it's bright, fiery, greatest moment, and so founded the chapter of the Blood Suns. Both sons of their Primarch, and wearing the red of beating, blood red super giant star on the verge of a white-hot nova explosion.

The Chapter traveled far and wide, east through the galactic seas until arriving near the Eastern Peripherary, where they met Eldar, Tau, Necrons, rebellions from forgotten Imperial worlds, and many other Xenos undocumented by Imperial records. Amongst this strife and perpetual war, the Chapter found their homeworld.

CHAPTER HOME WORLD:
Near the heart of the Mansfeldus Sector on the far Eastern Periphery, circling a binary star system, is Cruentum, a luxuriant ocean/island planet sitting in the circumstellar habitable zone. Most of the surface of the planet is underwater, but the ocean at it's deepest is only a mile down. The highest point of dry land is where the fortress-monastery of the Blood Suns sits. This crag raises out of the ocean over two miles into the sky. It is a dormant volcano who's seemingly limitless geothermal energy is vented to power the impregnable void shields and other defenses of the Blood Suns chapter home. It is a fitting fortress for such a chapter: A staunch, solemn redoubt holding in the red, hot fury of the fortress's potential destruction within itself, channeling that power to further the causes of the Emperor and Sanguinius, yet liable to burst forth in unexpected violence and consume everything around it. It has been named the Peak, and a burning, bright signal sits upon it, acting as a lighthouse for thousands of miles in all directions.

Cruentum's shallow ocean and lack of super-massive land masses means the ocean is relatively fresh and without salt compared to other worlds. The ocean and the smaller islands and archipelagos are full of teeming flora, fauna, and wildlife. The planet is also unique in that it does not rotate across a traditional axis and so does not have a traditional day and night in a predictable half of the planet's rotation. The seemingly erratic rotation means all portions of the planet see sunlight relatively evenly over any given period of time, meaning ice caps are unable to form but for short periods of weeks before being melted.

With the stars being unreliable guides to the local human populace, and no landmass large enough to provide the stability of civilization, the people are a fiercely self sufficient breed. Humans gather in tribes that never number more than hundreds in a single unit, creating small floating fleets that go between the islands. Maps are sacred treasures as the land moves less than the currents, the moons, and stars, meaning they only have themselves and their families to depend upon. The Peak's signal light is commonly believed by the locals to be the center of the known universe, but it is only those who pass the tests on the slopes of the fortress monastery that ever learn the greater truth behind their legends of an All-Father and His Son, who died to provide hope for all and placed the symbol of that sacrifice upon the Peak.

PRESENT ACTIVITIES:

In the Mansfeldus sector, out on the Eastern Fringe, the light of the Imperial Astronomicon does not shine as brightly as it does elsewhere in the Imperium of Man. Xenos threats and the influence of Chaos are more widespread, and many systems in the sector still contain native space faring empires that never saw the fury of the Great Crusade 10,000 years ago. It is in this sector, ripe for both conflict and conquest, that the Blood Suns have made their home and many wars have been fought.

Recently, a terrible warp storm has drawn the attentions of many races, as was foretold, prophesied, and calculated by the different races, and have all pointed to the imminent appearance of a Space Hulk of terrible proportions. It is bigger than a floating continent, and has appeared in the sector. It was a remnant of the Dark Age of Technology, a time even before the collapse of the Eldar Empire, the creation of the Eye of Terror, and even the Emperor's Imperium of Man. Imperial, Chaos, and Xenos factions all desire the possible Archaeo-Tech that could be found on the hulk, known only as The Tomb of the Dragon.

Previous appearances of The Tomb of the Dragon had seen whole Imperial expeditionary fleets disappear as the space hulk warped from place to place, distorting and destroying those caught in it's warp-wake. But even the debris that has floated off the hulk was priceless enough to justify such losses, and found items have advanced both the technological levels and the rites of power for the forces who captured the Arcaeo-Tech. Any force that could claim The Tomb of the Dragon for itself and learn it's deeper secrets would be set to harness it’s destructive potential and could easily conquer whole swathes of the sector. The Blood Suns have taken it upon their duty to purge any opposing force's contest to the traveling hulk, even to see the space hulk denied to others by destroying it and the knowledge it contains. This replacement of idealism with such harsh pragmatism is further evidence of how dim the Emperor's Astronomicon shines in this sector.

COMBAT DOCTRINE: 

The Sons of the Suns show their heritage as Blood Angels as the heat of battle warms their veins, and the war drums beat in tune with pulses. They are masters of invasion style warfare, a possible holdover from the intense beachhead invasions and naval guerrilla warfare that allows the future Blood Suns to strike as swiftly as the Cruentum currents. They descend upon the enemy as Angels of Death, in drop pods, diving aircraft, jump pack insertions, and fast mechanical deployments. There is no safe place when defending against an invasion from the Blood Suns, just some spots on the battlefield that are temporarily closer to a landing spot than another. While trained for zero gravity void combat, ship to ship boarding actions, systematic underground exterminations, and close quarters urban warfare, the Sons of the Sun prefer open horizons and a sky over their head. If the enemy desires to hide in their holes, then orbital lances, subterranean charges, and promethium floods will flush such cowards out. 

When a more traditional frontal attack or land assault must be called for, large scale mechanical and armored assaults on fast, Lucifer patterned engines are preferred. While few other Space Marines can equal the skill of Blood Suns with jump packs, speeders, or aircraft, the various drivers of the vehicles using Rhino chassis make up for the lack of maneuverability of ground vehicles with a penchant for death-defying maneuvers that are unheard of among other mechanized infantry forces. The current record holding driver for such stunts among the chapter launched a Rhino off a small bluff, over a dwelling, and landed upon five Orks caught underneath. It was reported that one neighboring Ork of the same squad started to speak his disbelief of such an amazing trick, but didn't get to his second word before tactical marines, flamers and bolters in hand, disembarked and cut down the entire Ork force.

ROLL OF HONOR:
The Trials of Scarthonyx

The Dark Eldar are constant raiders out on the Eastern Galactic Periphery as Imperial forces are sparse this far out. The Blood Suns, having met the Eldar's trickery countless times, have become one of the most adept Imperial forces to countering the quick Eldar speeders and skimmers. In the compliant colonist world of Scarthonyx, one squad of Assault troopers were awarded for their amazing artifice of war by either dropping themselves onto the open topped skimmers as they passed under, or timing their ascent to grab upon the dangling racks and blades underneath, causing some skimmers to crash and many times slaughtering the pilots to ensure such a fiery end. One marine, Brother Azmodus, was seen still fighting Eldar pirates as the skimmer disappeared into the Webway, and many believe the unprecedented two year halt to the raids afterwards might have something to do with Azmodus's actions on the other side of the portal.

The Kraken Released on Jumantium

The Blood Suns have much experience in the past decades that Hive Fleet Kraken has descended upon Imperial Worlds. As the Blood Suns have lost much of the compassion towards humans in their constant suppression of rebellious forces, the main tactic is to allow a hive fleet to invade a world and then either poison the planet with virus bombs or torch it ahead of the conquest, whichever will weaken the hive fleet by expending or wasting resources. But a local forgeworld, a rarity this far from Mars, had to be protected, and so four companies mobilized to defend it.  Initially, the chapter master at the time saw the futility of a prolonged ground campaign, so strike cruisers and smaller frigates deposited strike teams of marines in the outlying asteroid belt mining colonies. Using atomic blasts, these asteroids were pushed into the path of the largest of the command hive ships. Some were able to be dodged, but the movements pressed the enemy Tyranid ships into a closer cluster, allowing Imperial ships to focus fire and outmaneuver the encrouching xenos. As the last volley of the asteroids approached, atomic charges blasted many of the rocks apart, creating small, mineral missiles hurling at near the speed of light in the deep space void. These remnants were able to pierce and stop the ship containing the Norn queen of this splinter fleet, and with the head of the organism based fleet lost, the remaining marines were successful in wiping the system over the next two years of prolonged purge missions. During this time, the forge fires of Jumantium never stopped, but shells, rounds, and ammunition supplies were, at one point being taken from the assembly lines directly to the front defense forts of those marines defending the Forges.

CHAPTER ORGANIZATION:
The chapter is no longer Codex adherent, as the circumstances of their deployment beyond many supply lines has lead each company to be more self sufficient. Therefore, each company is a self contained battle, scout, and veteran hierarchy, with reserves only existing in theory. Every company has a commander, librarian, and priest or chaplain, a few squads of veterans to lead the other squads or form lead strike elements, several squads of scouts and inductees to teach, and various tactical, assault, and devastator marine squads. The various armories of each company will have some bikes, speeders, dedicated transports, and supporting armor, but with the chapter prioritizing high impact, invasion strategies as battles must be won quickly and decisively before moving on to the next battlefield, drop pods, jump packs, and flyers are predominant in all companies.

FLEET ASSETS:
1 Battle Barge - The Flow of Red Honor

5 Strike Cruisers

11 Rapid Strike Vessels

BELIEFS:
The Blood Suns believe that the High Lords of Terra are not to be trusted. This belief has led them to set their home so far from the light of the Astronomicon, and out of the prying eyes of the agents of the High Lords, like the Inquisition. They believe the Omnissiah beliefs practiced by the Mechanicum to be a heresy, as they more closely remember the teachings of the original Imperial Truth. They don't deny the amazing psyker power of the Emperor or Sanguinius, but don't place them in the realm of some omniscient, benevolent divine being either. Both had flaws, and those flaws live in the blood and minds of the Blood Suns, who wait for the future of redemption they will be lead to by their red and copper suited leader prophesied by the original founding Sanguinary Priest. They venerate Sangiunius as a role model, and follow his teachings. These beliefs are closely held to only adherants of the chapter, and with their reclusive nature, there is little fear of prolonged questioning by the Inquisition.

Also, the Blood Suns believe that the end of the Imperium is nigh, and  that they have a duty to purge the galaxy of the enemies of Man as much as possible, hoping that the "Long Night" between the Age of Darkness is shortened and more likely to allow a resurgence of human activity if the xenos threats are extinguished prior to the fragmentation of the Imperium.

RECRUITMENT:
New recruits for the Blood Suns are inducted regularly. Of the many inhabitants of Cruentum, those who are great athletes, warriors, or unusually brave will attempt to climb the Peak to speak to the supposed red spirits who live upon the mountain. These petitioners are either seen in broken husks that have tumbled down the mountain, or return in almost unrecognizable glory in bright colored armor several years later to speak of the glory of service in the Angels. The climb up the two mile peak, near the edge of the breathable atmosphere, is arduous and plagued by predatory avians who could eat men whole as they are used to fishing in the waters surrounding the Peak. Careful planning for the ascent, bravery and courage beyond those of most mortals, and skills perfected over a decade of survival on the harsh seas of Cruentum are necessary to reach the copper gates of the Peak. Those who make it are welcomed by other serfs in the process of being inducted, and the physical process where a mortal man is turned into an Astartes of the Blood Suns is begun shortly thereafter. Unlike other Blood Angel successors, the physical transformation has a much higher success rate than many, and the Chaplains and Priests are in disagreement on why such a high rate exists. 

The first assignment after a decade in the Scout squads of the different companies is a refining of their aim and weapon prowress amongst the Devastators, with their second assignment being as Assault Marines. Those who can keep their blood lust in check during both ranged and close melee are then promoted to the Tactical squads where they fill any role needed on the battle field. 

LOCAL RITUALS:
Time is very rigidly structured for an Astartes not actively campaigning. The Blood Suns believe martial discipline comes from the combination of physical and mental discipline that is only achieved with ritual, practice, regimen, and effort that is maintained by the Chaplains and Priests of the chapter. Studies of philosophy, tactics, Imperial history, xeno physiology and weaknesses, art, math, mechanics, military theories, and many other areas are as important in holding back the Red Thirst or Black Rage as the physical discipline found in combat and weapons training, exercise, conditioning, and regular hypno-therapy. Time is alotted even when it comes to the time in the schedule where they are permitted individual expression of the arts, where marines are given the subject matter to create about. This creates a unity in the chapter that is surprising to others who see it, as the frater are more united in expression, ideas, beliefs, and temperament than most other Chapters. This kind of cohesion is necessary when there is such a diverse amount of threats surrounding the chapter.

BATTLE CRY:
For Sanguinius! For our Emperor! We Burn bright, and bring the long night upon our foes!

GENE-SEED:
Blood Angels based.

CHAMPIONS OF THE CHAPTER:

Chapter Master - Kreios - Called the lord or master. He is master of a thousand campaigns, having been responsible for the wars to cause the extinction of a dozen xenos species single handedly, Kreios's legend amongst the chapter is as bright as the double sun system the Blood Suns call home. He is a former Sanguinary Guard, and was promoted to the position of Chapter Master from the Sanguinary Priesthood. All Chapter Masters are promoted from the Sanguinary Guard, but not all Chapter Masters have to be priests. Many are. Like all previous chapter masters, he retains the same suit of Sanguinary armor that each chapter master has used. As it is so old, it has irreparably lost or damaged the single thruster that modern Sanguinary Guards have, and been replaced with a double thruster jump pack. 

Chief Epistolary Librarian - Saint Michael, the Arch Angel. A psyker of great power, he has permanent psychic wings which seem to emanate from his body. Once, on a combat assault mission while jumping out of a Stormraven, his jump pack failed. Availing himself of the broken machinery, he used his powers to guide himself safely to the ground. The Psychic impact of his fall killed hundreds of Orks upon landing. He wields the force axe that is common within the library of the chapter. Because of this incident, he will not don the Terminator armor some Librarians prefer, finding it too cumbersome, and is often found in the front of battle, his axe cracking with power and psyker might.

Master Techmarine - Orestes - Master artificer and a devoted technician. Loves fixing the land raiders and flies the Stormravens himself sometimes. Orestes has forsaken the Machine God, like all Techmarines in the Blood Suns, due to its heretical bent. The normal machine cog imagery was changed to a nova sun. They have abandoned many of the rituals, incense, and other decorations that typical Techmarines possess, and paint their armor in Chapter Colors except for a single bright, Blood Angel Red shoulder and knee pad for their squad markings. He forgoes the servo harness since he prefers the mobility of a single servo arm. 

2nd Company Captain Evander - "The Good Man" - He has been the 2nd Company commander for hundreds of years despite being a veteran of many campaigns. The 1st company commander has changed more often than Evander, who "hates the stench and enclosure of Terminator armour" and refuses to wear it. Evander has turned down promotions because they would sometimes take him into duty where his jump pack would not be useful. This restriction has placed him in a disfavored light to all the senior commands he's been under, but no one can deny the results from his miraculous precision when Deep Striking deep behind enemy lines.  He is famous for literally landing with his boots upon one great Ork Warboss who was upon the back of his personal transport, and then killing the driver of the Battlewagon so it collided with a Stompa, ending an Ork assault without even firing a bolt round.

I'll notate edits here in this as I work.

First copy and paste of form and some edits on Fleets, summary, homeworld, and recent activities

Second - battles and founding done.

Third - Entire Entry finished. Copied from the Liberalis Martial final thread.

Edited by Father Mapple

• 5 weeks later...

Been working on the post above some. Still got another month on it, so it's coming along.

I also sent in something to the Black Library for their call for submissions. If I'm the next short story author they pick up, take my silence as confirmation since I'll have signed an NDA by then. 

In the meantime, I need some more primer to finish Raphen's squad which I assembled, and the last Games Day miniature which I'm painting in a Death Company style, as he's got power fist and a storm bolter. I also need some airbrush time scheduled as it's the only way I'll do my white proper justice. But airbrushing is something i need to do for a few hours, in a block. It's much harder to just "pop in" for 30 minutes a night like I do with brushes. 

I looked for something I needed to finish, but was past the ETL stage. And I found the Guardian of the Lost!

26503963951_a37d4a008b_z.jpg

26297194350_78fde4fc00_z.jpg

26503963341_6c337fdf9d_z.jpg

26297196880_0f3846b590_z.jpg

Looking at him this close up, I guess I need to wash the shell with some reikland fleshshade or agrax earthshade to give it some more definition. And there's a mold line on his pistol! Blast it all!

Also, the white is smoother on plastics than it is on painting metal. I wonder why that is. The primer goes on both pretty evenly. Maybe it's something I can't tell even with my jeweler's glasses when I'm painting.

Comments and Criticism welcome!

The shells I've used for other models had more natural vibrant colors, and this one doesn't. I was thinking of taking bright oranges, yellows and reds, running semi blended stripes over the shell in blocky lines, then washing with a couple of coats of a red wash to tie them together. But, I'm not rushed on it.

Thanks for the compliments

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help on deciding on some painting priorities. Here are the two lists I'm thinking about. They're in the Army Lists Forum.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322335-pick-between-two-1850-list-themes-then-critique/?p=4392350

I like themes. Even when playing normal blood angels and not Death Company or Archangels, I do invasion themed lists where it's Jump Packs, flyers, and drop pods. So that's still present in those lists, but even further refined.

Please comment on it! I need the help. While waiting for ETL to start, I've been painting something so heretical, it's not even 30/40k, so I'm itching to be painting righteously again.

• 1 month later...

If you go to the post above here  you can read my submission for the Liber Astartes competition detailing more about the Blood Suns. This is fluff I've more or less had for the past 7 years worked out. Did most of it during boring lectures in law school, as it looked like I was taking notes! 

Started on the ETL vow of a Chaplain Dreadnought and the Cassor the Damned dreadnought. Almost done with the base colors.  I had to reference back to this thread and my earlier death company dreadnought to figure out the paint pattern. Then realized on the 7 Death Company I sprayed white on with an airbrush that I had reversed the black and white areas from my previous minis! By Sanguinius's blood, was I frustrated. So I'll sort that out soon.

Got some bits in the mail for a heresy era 30k project. Let's just say I might need to move this thread to the WIP forum instead of Blood Angels if I post pictures of that project in here. Either way, I'm dedicated to finishing my ArchAngels Detachment of all Terminators and Furiosos, as well as my entire Death Company army, so there's still going to be updates!

Ok, finished my ETL vow! Here's a Furioso with frag cannon and a Cassor the Damned from Deathstorm.

27453080533_d6cd637767_c.jpg

28033476366_0b0183f586_c.jpg

28067126545_14b16a1ce6_c.jpg

Sorry for the slight blurriness, my phone got replaced and this one's camera is not NEAR as good as the previous one. 

VOW COMPLETE. So, I am not re-vowing. Sorry, it took too long for this one to be done. ALSO - I got another probject I'm working on. 

I've had this picture blog for a few years now, and have been working away at the successors, the Blood Suns. I'm about 7 death company and 12 terminators away from finishing a complete 2000pt Death Company force AND a 2000pt Archangels All Terminator force. But I got an itch for 30k, and I couldn't scratch it hard enough.... so here begins this other WIP Blog.

I decided to post it there so I can do other things like my Inquisitor allies, terrain, Militarum Tempestus/Militia, and other projects I also work on which aren't Blood Angel successors as well. My Heresy force will be the Ultramarines, and I'm going for an all infantry and dreadnought Zone Mortalis list first, then a 2000pt list with only some rhinos, and then 3000 with heavier transports for killer units.

If you are kind enough to act interested in this thread, maybe you'll enjoy seeing the slow progress in the other as well. I'll get back to those Death Company soon.