Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

wow - great new look

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

paqman

paqman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3 posts
Just wanted to say that your new forum and the new color pattern is very very nice. I really like it!

Tow thumps up!

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts

I concur, whole heartedly. Looks wonderful- very sharp! Hopefully, you gents can get by all the bugs. Having the B&C down is like having a family member in the hospital.

Edited by rednekkboss, 28 January 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Taliostro

Taliostro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts

Yes wonderful new look, very inline with the old Theme  :)

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

Have the admins considered making the background image scale/fixed via the background-size: cover; method? You'd need a fallback for IE8-, but that could be done in the CSS by making the background-size a repeat at the end.

body {

background: #191919 url('http://www.bolterand.../background.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
}

Maybe you'd need to feed an IE conditional CSS, I'm not overly familiar with the site. But the fixed background would make scrolling look better IMO and cover those people who like to browse at the entire screen width.

Edited by The Red Worm, 15 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,261 posts
Yes, a fixed background image is one of the options we are considering in working on the broader range of skins. What you currently see is a "B&Cified" application of a template skin.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Gurth

Gurth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,387 posts
Can I suggest that the yellowish background of the "Edited by" box is removed? It is so eyecatching that at first sight it's the only thing you really notice about a post, and yet it's the absolutely least-interesting part of it … in fact I would like to make a case for removing that line altogether, considering how pointless it generally is to mention the last time a post was edited.
comment_edit.pngEdited by Gurth, Today, 21:08 AM