Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grotsmasha's Heresy Era Dark Angels

Heresy Era Dark Angels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,800 posts

So my time here on the B&C has been spent mostly flitting from one model to another, never really with a real army project on the go, that changes now. I've decided to go for a HH Era DA force, with the idea that the Great Company/Chapter uses the iconography that will one day become the GotC. So this means (eventually) EVERY legionnaire will feature the crossed swords on their right pad in some shape or form, I'll also be doing red robes. I also intend on a mkII army with officers in mkIII.

Alrighty, enough babble, PICTURES, right?!?!?!?

For those who haven't seen, a 3rd party sculpt of The Lion I painted for last years LPC,

Obligitory Scale pic

gallery_48988_5384_422932.jpg

Next up is my Legion Praetor, who will be February's PtR vow,

and his Command Squad, January's PtR vow,

So, the summer rains are here, which has delayed the priming (yes, I've gotten lazy and avoid hand priming like the plague) for over a week, first piece o'sunshine and i'll get cracking.

OK, so now my usual disclaimer, I have, what I call Hobby ADD, which means all of my projects suffer from a rollercoaster of productivity and inaction, although I fear the most prohibitive force for this project will be actually affording the "plastic crack habit", cheap FW isn't.

Any comments and constructive criticism welcome. 

Cheers,

Jono

Augustus

Augustus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,373 posts

Those are some really cool looking marines. Where are their shoulder pads? ;D

-------
"Loyalty is its own reward." -- the Lion, Savage Weapons

"...I firmly believe that any man's finest hours - his greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." Vince Lombardi

"But Horus has nothing to do with that, and he's always lost the war, since the Emperor kicks his butt and the Traitor Legions cheese it to the Eye, like headless goobers." - Aaron Dembski-Bowden

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,010 posts

Lookin' good - makes me want to do some more HH DA myself (don't let Captain Semper know - he will just nag me!) 4.gif

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,800 posts

@ Augustus: I've left them off because its much easier to paint/prime the models back behind the powerpack, the pads will be primed at the same time and attached once black.

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha, 26 January 2013 - 07:35 PM.

BrotherSamael

BrotherSamael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

I love the idea of this project and the first miniatures look fantastic!

Can't wait to see more of those! no.gif

"Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none"

"Though my guards may sleep and my ships may lie at anchor, my enemies know that big guns never tire!"

ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg

ETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2013.jpgETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2014.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,800 posts

Hey guys, a little progress, Company Champion who will be joining the Praetor in Febs PtR vow,

and some WIP of the Command Squad, Jan's PtR vow.

Cheers,

Jono

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,800 posts

Alrighty then, January's PTR complete, here's the Legion Command Squad

Cheers,

Jono

TheForgottenAngel

TheForgottenAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 915 posts
Awesome!!!!

Tiger9gamer

Tiger9gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,583 posts

I like it a lot! but the wings kinda look silly, sorry to say X-X

"There is an art to dying, but it is a dying art."

-Corvus Corax

"War is the science of destruction."

-John Abbott

Cactus

Cactus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts

Mk II armour? Check.

Surplices? Check.

Unnecessary ornamentation? Check.

The command squad looks perfect to me. :tu: I like the way you made the crossed swords on the standard.

Tanhausen

Tanhausen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,353 posts

I like the robes and those plasma pistols are looking good :)

Herald of DA fun, vocal supporter of proper manners and fostering enjoyment!

2015 Projects - FW Dreadnought Chaplain WIP Painting a Hellbrute just for fun

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpgETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,010 posts

Red robes... hmmmmmmm - ok it works well with these thumbsup.gif

and the firing plasma pistol and the winged helms look great.

Is it just me or are the rh shoulder pads missing?

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,800 posts
@ Crusader_Weber: Thanks!!
@ Tiger9gamer: Thats ok, I didnt think they'd match everyones taste. I don't even know if I'll keep doing them, they were a pain to fit consistantly.
@ Cactus: Those crossed swords were a bastard to get, and they're still a little wonky, but I am quite happy with the finished item.
@ Tanhausen: Cheers!!!
@ Elmo: Yep, they're missing. The problem is I can't decide on what to do with them. I've used GWs DA chapter pads, which dont match the mkIII pads I have left over, but I'm not sure I want to put mk VII pads on either. I may just wait til FW releases DA legion pads and pull of the GW ones.

Cheers,
Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha, 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM.