Converting some black knights.

AngelVeto

I was thinking of using some of the DV bikes I have and trying to convert them to black knights, as I'm not a fan of a 50$ tag for three bikes when I want 6 of them. What do you guys think about using plasma pistols in place of bolters to act as the talons?

the hammers arn't to bad, I piced up some on ebay for about 1.50 per hammer. else you could always take some thunder hammers, cut off one part drill in the side you've cut off then stick a part of a thin nail or tooth pick in it. after that green stuff it a little bit for the correct shape.

I'm going to do the same thing... my trouble is: what are you goint to use to represent the corvus hammers?

You could always get away with not showing the corvus hammers on any of the models as well as they are all stock (just like you don't show a bolt pistol on everyone).

As for making plasma talons (and grenade launchers), please see here - http://indexastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/plasma-talon-conversions-from-dark.html

Ifyou are thrifty like me, you could consider not modeling the hammer since its included in the wargear description as standard.

Edit ninja'd by epk! Who by the way has an awesome tutorial on conversion, great work if its yours. Great find if its not!

I am also converting my black knights with plasma pistols.  I am trimming off a rectangular piece of the pistol and gluing it on top of the bolter body.

You can see my conversions on my blog here.  

For my corvus hammers I am planning to use the pick accessory from the leman russ kit, with a bit of conversion work.

The hammers arn't to bad, I piced up some on ebay for about 1.50 per

hammer. else you could always take some thunder hammers, cut off one

part drill in the side you've cut off then stick a part of a thin nail

or tooth pick in it. after that green stuff it a little bit for the

correct shape.

1.5 pound or euro? However not so cheap if you need some... Probably thunder hammer are even more expensive! XD

You could always get away with not showing the corvus hammers on any of

the models as well as they are all stock (just like you don't show a

bolt pistol on everyone).

I know... but I don't like this option, they are "cute" with corvus hammers!

So, in response to realising my Plasma Talons lacked induction coils, I knocked these out;

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7569/20130130002421.jpg

Just a little GS work, and repositioning of the pistol parts, but I think it makes a lot of difference! 

As for hammers, I think I might be using some of the Chaos Warrior ones which have the spiked/clawed back...

Hmm, I may actually do this (I have a spare RWAS from DV incoming but since I already have only full RAS in my standing force they would be remainders).  The only downside is that I am really fond of the RT-beakie style bacinet helmets on the Black Knights.  Have to check the instructions, can't remember if head swaps will be a pain on these guys.  But I'll see how I feel when a get them.  I may just stay the course and use Black Knight boxes all the way.  I don't even remember if I have enough plasma pistols either.

Archived