God, I remember watching UFC and fanboying the :cuss out when the Green Ranger entered the octagon.

*Rant*

You have never watched UFC and seen the Green Ranger fight. The Ultimate Fighting Chanpionship is a specific promotion showcasing the sport of MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, which Tommy has never fought in.

What you said is the equivalent of "I was so excited when I was watching NFL last week and LSU was playing Alabama!"

Tommy has had several MMA fights, tis true, but all MMA is not UFC, just as all football is not the NFL.

/*Rant*

[off-topic]According to Jason David Frank, the actor/stunt double for Tommy, Tommy knows seven different styles of Mixed Martial Arts. Behold, the evidence!

[/off-topic]

On Topic, I wonder what that Mk III Command Sprue would look like with Jeff's helmet as a decoration.

God, I remember watching UFC and fanboying the :cuss out when the Green Ranger entered the octagon.

*Rant*

You have never watched UFC and seen the Green Ranger fight. The Ultimate Fighting Chanpionship is a specific promotion showcasing the sport of MIXED MARTIAL ARTS, which Tommy has never fought in.

What you said is the equivalent of "I was so excited when I was watching NFL last week and LSU was playing Alabama!"

Tommy has had several MMA fights, tis true, but all MMA is not UFC, just as all football is not the NFL.

/*Rant*

*shrug* I honestly don't watch much TV beyond season DVDs. I just remember someone calling it UFC at the pizza parlor where I was at the time.

God, I remember watching UFC and fanboying the censored.gif out when the Green Ranger entered the octagon.

*Rant*

/*Rant*

*shrug* I honestly don't watch much TV beyond season DVDs. I just remember someone calling it UFC at the pizza parlor where I was at the time.

... but I have seen Jason David Frank's training journals, evaluation logs from his gym at Streamline performance and his force production numbers. Whatever he chooses to work at, he is a *serious* athlete. Plus, sweet tats ^_^

Anywho, I am getting seriously pumped to see those new command models come out. I'm going to end up with waaaaay too many standard bearers to ever be practical. I use vampire counts standards in my tactical squads instead of those goofy backpack banners for Legion Vexilla. I suppose it's my WHFB background spilling over...

Has anyone seen todays Forgeworld Blog? Theres some very interesting WIP Tank treads on Stuart Williamson's desk...

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/BLOG12.jpg

Looking at the cylindrical part on each of the tread units, they look like they attach to the main body of a larger unit. Could these be the front or rear treads for the fabled Quad-Tracked Mastodon Personnel Carrier, which was capable of carrying FORTY Marines?

Whatever it is, it's going to be pretty damned big! That ruler on the right has been left there rather deliberately IMHO.. If the ruler is showing 5-6cm in length, that makes each of those treads approx. 18cm (just over 5") long. eek.gif

I'm going to stick with my initial guess, I reckon those are the rear treads for the Mastodon. The sides we can see could be inside-facing, and attach to the main chassis via those cylinders. If they are inside facing, that would explain the flat surfaces and lack of detail as it would be mostly obscured.

Of course my opinion is biased, as the Mastodon was primarily used by the Iron Hands :D

This discussion has become too ponderous (and too off topic) for its own good, so it's being closed.

In the future, we'll discuss upcoming releases in individual discussions. This will allow us to keep each discussion focused on a specific model/kit.

Archived