To be honest, I'm not sure that's the finished project. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that head made out of greenstuff?

Oh no I fully understand its a work in progress but its definitely not what I was picturing for the thallax. I guess I thought it'd be more sinister looking and less refined and sleek. I see homages to the reaver titan's legs which is cool. I'm excited to see the finished product but definitely wasn't what i pictured.

Yeap, I'm also a little let down by the Thallax. Since this would be the first non-Titan Mechanicum-specific unit released by FW I expected something that will make me want to build a Mechanicum army right then and there. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Scout's great though.

Yeap, I'm also a little let down by the Thallax. Since this would be the first non-Titan Mechanicum-specific unit released by FW I expected something that will make me want to build a Mechanicum army right then and there. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Scout's great though.

Maybe its not as bad when it has a paint job?

The Thallax looks a little Necronish, as it's a WiP, I'm hoping that it will change a little to make it more Mechanicus. Although looking at it, I can see a little of the old Imperial robots in it's design.

The Thallax looks a little Necronish, as it's a WiP, I'm hoping that it will change a little to make it more Mechanicus. Although looking at it, I can see a little of the old Imperial robots in it's design.

Actually, it looks a bit more like Legio Cybernetica to me.

A bit of a mix between the old Colossus and the Rho-Tau-17 (its leg structure and weapon holding).

I think the Recon model is kinda cool. I'm wondering, if the Recon Squad has all that stealth and infiltration rules, what new things could the Alpha Legion especific rules add to the game? Hmm 

Guys, does anyone know how the Rampager models come? Are they in individual parts e.g. head, legs, torso, weapons etc. or just as a complete model? I'd love to use the legs for some special sergeants if they come unattached to anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

The bikes are not bad. They have a more futuristic look which can be a good thing ;)

I know many players will consider them less 40K-styled than they should but I don't dislike them. However I think their price will make the standard bikes more viable for our HH armies.

They cost only 5£ less than  Jet bikes and jet bikes are a completely different story, even game wise ;) 

I never found the Rotor Cannons very alluring for a Tact support squad. For the same points you get Volkite calivers.

The Plasma, Melta and flamer kits are welcomed. I really liked the Meltagun you get with the "old" Space Marine special weapons kit and I'm glad I can have them in a box of 10!

The Plasma guns are nice too. A different version of the 41st millenium version. I think the Legion Plasma gun has character. ;)

I'm not a huge a fun of that flamer design (which was the one for the special weapons set I mentioned) but it's not bad.

More new hotness this morning:

Recon Squad: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_MKIV_RECON_SQUAD.html

Thallax: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/MECHANICUM_THALLAX_COHORT.html

Mk III Breacher: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_MKIII_BREACHER_SIEGE_SQUAD.html

I'm happy that the Thallax turned out better looking than that WD preview a while back.  The Recon Squad is still awesome-- love the shotguns.  And I really love the Breacher Siege squad.  Now I want to run them, just because they look great.

Darn you, FW, I just put in a huge order!

Oh, and I forgot the sneaky change they made: Outrider bikes went from 60 pounds to 45.  Oopsie.

Archived