Greetings fellow hobbists,

I'm currently involved in several Great Crusade/ Horus Heresy projects. I have built about 100 Space Marines, more or less ;), alongside several vehicles and I'd like to share those models with the B&C community.

I'll start with a Rampager Squad, one of the first quick conversions I made for the project, for accompany Angron on the battlefield and a Primus Medicae with Jump Packs for a Son of Horus army.

Let me know what do you think about them.

Rampager Squad

gallery_61103_8110_10381.jpg

Rampager with Twin Falax Blades

gallery_61103_8110_28528.jpggallery_61103_8110_1058.jpggallery_61103_8110_52102.jpg

Rampager with Barb-hook Lash

gallery_61103_8110_29584.jpggallery_61103_8110_46365.jpg

Primus Medicae with Jump Pack

gallery_61103_8111_53010.jpggallery_61103_8111_18036.jpggallery_61103_8111_47914.jpg

Note on the Fluff aspect of the Project:

The purpose of this project is a twofold one: the miniatures are used to represent both the original Legiones Astartes they belong to, both a Space Marine force for the “standard” 40K period.
I really like the Great Crusade/ Horus Heresy period since it depicts several of my favorite events from 40K universe but I also want my armies to tell a piece of story set the current 40K timeline as they fight on the table. Several of my friends are willing to play their 40K armies against HH ones and I’m planning a small narrative campaign.

So I found the solution: in the 30K context the miniatures of this project represent their actual Legiones while in a 40K context they represent a Chapter who decided to leave the “center” of the Imperial Society during the Age of Apostasy/ Age of Redemption and rebuilt themselves into a demi-legion before reentering the wide Galactic scene. Just like a sort of Carcharodons-like (namely a “no one know who controls them, from where they come etc” ;) ) Space Marine force but with a the organization, and numbers, of the old Legiones; everything made “easier” by strong connections with several circles within mechanicum and an abundance on STCs and resources from their explorations (I’ll explain that point when I’ll write the fluff ;) )

In few words every Legion from the FW books will represent a chapter of the demi-legion with every Primarch model and rules counting as the leader of that given chapter and Horus count as the supreme commander of the demi-legion.

I’m sure many of you will ask: How do you justify a Primarch-like being?
Well if we analyze the stats of the Primarchs from Betrayal book we can clearly see they are nothing god-like in gaming terms. Every of them is like a Monstrous Creature with advanced equipment (armours, weapons etc). So they may represent SM heroes enhanced by some tech acquired during expeditions in the unknown regions of the Galaxy

So allow me to introduce the :
Void Leviathans

I’ll try to write something more detailed about them in the future, in the meantime you can give a look at minis and sorry if the Fluff-aspect made no sense. It’s a complex project and it needs more words to be explained. I’ll try to do it ASAP but writing fluff requires time, usually ;)

P.S.: If you find other Void Leviathans around the web, I don’t know if the name has been used in the past, they are not related to my fan made project, neither my project is reference to them, if other Void Leviathans ever exist ;)

A Prator with Jump Pack, Paragon Blade and Thunder Hammer. The MK8 shoulder pads represent "prototyped" artificer armour designed for increased protection. After all with of those weapons he will likely look for the fiercest melee ;)

Your opinion is always appreciated.

gallery_61103_8115_34557.jpggallery_61103_8115_47170.jpggallery_61103_8115_21434.jpg

Well these are some very interesting conversions there...

I particularly like two things: The handles for the axes (great idea there imo) and the relatively calm poses of the WE. We don't get that often and in a way they look much more frightening like that... you know, unatural like... :lol:

An excellent start there - now let's see some color on them!

Well these are some very interesting conversions there... I particularly like two things: The handles for the axes (great idea there imo) and the relatively calm poses of the WE. We don't get that often and in a way they look much more frightening like that... you know, unatural like... laugh.png An excellent start there - now let's see some color on them!

Thank you for your appreciation.

When I thought about the twin falax blades I wanted an axe-like look for keeping them close to the World Eaters iconography but I wanted them to be clearly distinguishable from the classic power axes. So I put the axes from fantasy high elves (I cut it a little) on the a chainsword hilt and I added a cable from GK warding stave connecting the axe's body to the chainsword's "motor". I'm glad you like it. ;)

I know WE are often assembled with the more "convulsed" poses inspired by their chaos counterparts but I wanted to make my Rampagers different, they may be hyper-agressive astartes but I'd like to show them capable of a tactical thinking. Beside they don't need to make a convulsed run toward their targets to frighten them. Even their calm poses communicate aggressiveness. I'm gald my conversions are able to show it. biggrin.png

Perhaps the worst Rampager model is the lash armed one. I needed the remaining FW armours I had at the time for other units so I decided to use the body of a Sanguinary Guard I never assembled. I know the model looks a little odd. Maybe I should build a new one in future. I tried to put a "shattered" helmet beneath his boots just to "compensate" the jumping pose but it's not easy to convert that jumping body into a walking one.

The meteor hammer is hardly a conversion. I just added a new helmet to an old metal master of chapter miniature. I does not look bad though, since his hammer looks smaller than the common thunder hammers, especially the ones from the most recent kits.

I'm not a quick painter, since sadly I don't have many time for it but I'll try to do my best. I don't know if going with the classic white/blue or using a different scheme for Rampagers. If I'm not mistaken the pre heresy Khârn who inspired the helmet style of my conversions had a different armour colour...

Anyway thanks again for your comment, Semper. It's always a pleasure to see other hobbysts like your conversion works ;)

I really like where you are going with these.

A very creative use of the High Elf fantasy bits to make a unique "look"

I like your take on the WE depicting a chapter either not yet fallen or where the effects are not yet visible.

I really like where you are going with these.

A very creative use of the High Elf fantasy bits to make a unique "look"

I'm glad you like the conversions

I like your take on the WE depicting a chapter either not yet fallen or where the effects are not yet visible.

Are you referring to the fact my WE seem to depict the Legion before the betrayal or are you referring to the still "undetailed" piece of fluff I posted for my 40K Space Marine force?

Anyway I'll post more pics soon. I'll upload the pics for three Veteran Sergeants and a WE Tactical with bolter and Chainaxe conversion I used to test the color scheme.

I used a "quick painting" technique since I have a lot of models and for once in my life I'd like to have an army fully painted ;)

Hello there, ;)

This is the first part of the update I promised. Here you can see a Legion Veteran Sergeant with Combi-Melta and Lightning Claw. I have two more sergeants and the painted WE to show you. I'll upload them asap.

In the meantime you can look at the first sergeant's pics I uploaded. Let me know what do you think?

gallery_61103_8120_21712.jpggallery_61103_8120_65498.jpggallery_61103_8120_305.jpggallery_61103_8120_13739.jpggallery_61103_8120_48135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I'm back after a while with a new update: two more veteran sergeant conversions (one World Eater's style) and Legion Tactical Support Squad with Volkite Calivers. I hope you enjoy them. Let me know your opinion ;)

Veteran Sergeant

gallery_61103_8120_15823.jpggallery_61103_8120_8659.jpggallery_61103_8120_38350.jpggallery_61103_8120_45473.jpggallery_61103_8120_8544.jpg

World Eaters Veteran Sergeant

gallery_61103_8120_26398.jpg

Legion Tactical Support Squad

Sergeant with Augury Scanner (I used FW Nuncio Vox) and two MK3 Legionaries, 3 MK4 Legionaries and 2 Legionaries I converted using FW parts and bitzs from the SM command Squad

gallery_61103_8303_137620.jpggallery_61103_8303_66045.jpggallery_61103_8303_100961.jpg

I have nearly painted another WE Legionary so you may see another update soon... I hope ;)

Archived